• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nice win

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one in particular.

I guess it's also a product of Dak"s limitations but I hate that we basically mail it in anytime it's third and long. They're content with a draw or dump off and hoping for the best rather than actually trying to gain a first. It's like hey they stopped us on the first 2 downs, might as well give up on this series.

It does seem they mail it in on third and long. They never did that with any Qb before especially, Romo. I wish they would not give up on third and long.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem they mail it in on third and long. They never did that with any Qb before especially, Romo. I wish they would not give up on third and long.
well if they did with Romo. Romo would just change the play LOL

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one in particular.

I guess it's also a product of Dak"s limitations but I hate that we basically mail it in anytime it's third and long. They're content with a draw or dump off and hoping for the best rather than actually trying to gain a first. It's like hey they stopped us on the first 2 downs, might as well give up on this series.

Agree but if you are playing the field position battle, those long situations turn into 4th and short (theoretically). Meaning when you punt you get the extra 7-10 yards. If you don't make the longer throw, then you losing 7-10 yards can be huge, especially with these kicker in todays NFL.

I fall on both side of the fence on this BTW.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that play. Hell I love Romo.

But not much time on the clock, down by a score and long to go. You have to go for it there. I bet Romo checked out of a draw play for that. :D

The best 3rd and long I remember him having was a game vs Washington at home on a Monday night. It was the week after he punctured his lung in San Fran. It seems like it was 3rd and 22 or so. He could barely move. They came out in a heavy package. I think it was 4rth quarter in a real low scoring game. He saw the Skns were sending the house. He audibled out of the run and hit Dez for about 30 yards on Deangelo Hall. I remember as soon as he threw it about 4 Redskins hit him. London Fletcher was so mad.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but if you are playing the field position battle, those long situations turn into 4th and short (theoretically). Meaning when you punt you get the extra 7-10 yards. If you don't make the longer throw, then you losing 7-10 yards can be huge, especially with these kicker in todays NFL.

That is exactly the problem with this teams thinking IMO. Dak has proven to be careful with the ball. On 3rd and 8 to 12 no other team is looking to just get few yards for a punt. Except for certain situations (pinned deep, wining late in the half or game, etc) thats kind of playing like pussies. Everyone talks about how Dak can't convert 3rd and long, but we seldom seem to let him try so how would we know???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that play. Hell I love Romo.

But not much time on the clock, down by a score and long to go. You have to go for it there. I bet Romo checked out of a draw play for that. :D
It got a little ugly once everyone learned he only had one spin out move, but it was fun to watch. It was like he was being controlled with a joy stick and the first dozen or so times he did it, it seemed like someone came open almost every single time and we got a big play out of it.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember and still kind of use the 35 yard line as range. That always meant 52 yrds. Back in the day, there weren’t many kicked longer than that or tried. I swear I think the Rams are in range when they cross midfield- especially indoors.

I’ve never liked the rule of the other team getting the ball where the K misses it from.

It seems they are always tinkering with Kickers, whether it’s the K Ball, the kickoff , the touchback , etc.

To me if a kickoff touchback comes out to the 25, why doesn’t a punt????? It’s worse when a Punter gets a TB than a K.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I’ve never liked the rule of the other team getting the ball where the K misses it from. "

totally agree. I hate that rule. Why make a rule that ends up with more punts???

I never understood why once they moved the touchback on kickoffs from the 20 to the 25 we seem to have more guys taking the ball out of the end zone. And they seldom seem to get past the 25.