• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nice win

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasnt pretty but it don’t have to be. Our defense was super. Our CBs were great. Eli completed one deep pass and it was great coverage. Barkley is outstanding. Our pass rush was just too much. Eli looks done.

Offensively- I’m liking this THOMPSON guy. Not sure how many catches he had. I think one may have gotten called back.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was our D-line actually that good, or is the Giants O-line that bad?

Curious where we really lie.

Glad we went deep early. In fact that play turns out to be the difference maker.

Still not happy with the play calling once we get up my multiple scores. Wish they would take some pages from the Rams coaching staff.

Now all we need is for the Seahawks to Challenge Dak in the media :becky: this week.

Pressure & tackling was much better this week. Lets hope we continue that.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad we went deep early. In fact that play turns out to be the difference maker.

Still not happy with the play calling once we get up my multiple scores. Wish they would take some pages from the Rams coaching staff.

Now all we need is for the Seahawks to Challenge Dak in the media :becky: this week.

I think DLaw is that good. I think Taco is getting better. I think the other sacks you can attribute to the scheme and our CBs. They were all over the Giant WRs. I think when the tape is watched - I think we missed 16 tackles last week. I think we missed more this week but definitely tackled better if that’s possible. Barkley just makes you miss, but the hustle was awesome.
I think our defense is legit. They are playing a lot of guys too.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little more on our defense- I don’t like comparisons because each game is its own thing but we have held both teams under 300 yards. We have allowed 29 points. Carolina went for 430 today against a really good defense. Now they were playing from behind. We sacked Eli tonight 6 times. Jacksonville got him twice and we know how good they are.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blitzing and tight man coverage plus a nice push from the DLine. To me, the Seattle game comes down to containing Russell Wilson. Dallas was thumping Carolina's offense much like the Giant's till Cam started taking off. Have to hit Wilson, can't just flush him, he'll kill you

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little more on our defense- I don’t like comparisons because each game is its own thing but we have held both teams under 300 yards. We have allowed 29 points. Carolina went for 430 today against a really good defense. Now they were playing from behind. We sacked Eli tonight 6 times. Jacksonville got him twice and we know how good they are.
I like that comparison. I think I will go with that one :thumb:

Also the Giants wanted to run it as a team only got 35 yards. Unless you have a Drew Brees type QB you're not winning on 35 yds rushing. Score another one for our D. Loved the hustle & tackling today vs. last week. We were attacking instead of chasing.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, too, was excited by the early play-calling. It seemed that for the first quarter and a half we were running when they expected us to pass and passing when they expected us to run. The long pass to start the game was certainly out of character for us, which seemed to set the tone.

But, once again, something happened along the way. We became way too predictable again. I was calling plays before the snap of the ball. If I, a middle-aged, arm chair coach, whose only experience with football is what I watch on TV, can predict plays simply by alignment, down, and distance, you can be sure that defensive coordinator who gets paid lots of money to say nothing of the guys on the field, can predict where the play is going. We got bogged down beginning in the middle of the second quarter and returned to a "impose our will on them" style of play.

It worked against the Giants, and a win is a win. Today, the season and prospects for the playoffs look much better for us than it does for the Giants, but the reality is that we just beat a team that is 0-2 by a single touchdown, and they were just a bounce away from having a hail Mary's chance of taking us to overtime.

I loved the good coverage of the CBs. Eli made some pretty good throws and our guys were, for the most part, in good position. Smith is looking better and better weak by weak. The d-line, together with a few blitzes mixed in, got the job done, but I think some of that has to be credited to the poor o-line play of the Giants.

Our o-line did very well, I thought, considering how stout the Giants revamped d-line is considered to be. Dak managed the game fairly well, but it was nothing stellar. He's got to learn more touch on those corner of the end zone fades. Rico was wide open in the fourth quarter only to have a near line-drive sail over his head and out of reach. A little arch on that one and it would have given him a chance to catch the ball for the TD. He did the same thing on some of the sideline routes where our receiver had a half step on the defender. He's very good at the read-option, though, but I don't want him slicing through the secondary too many times, especially since he seems to rely more on his size rather than the slide. That can spell disaster.

Once again, no half time adjustments from the coaching staff, which weren't really needed on defense, but could have helped on offense. I was pleased with a significant decrease in the number of screens called. A screen is only useful if it isn't over used.

Overall, a solid performance, but I don't think that performance from the coaches or the offense will be enough to get us through games against better opponents.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game. Was it perfect? No. But other than the missed assignment on the Engram TD, no complaints. Dak was fantastic and the main reason we won this game with an honorable mention to Jones and Awuzie. His comp % looked worse than he played because he literally threw away on purpose more than half of the incompletes and the back to back 3rd down conversions called back by penalties. The pass rush was great, but not quite as consistent when we only sent 4. Still great performance by the DL against the run and the pass. Too many missed tackles, but there was always someone swarming to help.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it before, i am glade the Giants did not draft a franchise QB. They are stuck with a washed up QB and bad O-line. They are going to wast that offensive talent.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense was solid, Zeke and Dak running is great to watch. Need to find ways to bury teams though, we we let them stay in that game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense was solid, Zeke and Dak running is great to watch. Need to find ways to bury teams though, we we let them stay in that game.
The one I was hoping for 6 on was the drive after the turnover. If I remember we dumped it off to Zeke because no one was open the play after the Rico miss. I couldn't tell if Dak had the time to wait for him to run open and just missed him or if he had to try to lay it out there before he got open and just put it in one of those our guy or no one spots

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one I was hoping for 6 on was the drive after the turnover. If I remember we dumped it off to Zeke because no one was open.

The Cowboys missed a couple opportunities to drop the hammer last night, but all in all they were firmly in control of that game from the beginning. I was pretty happy with the performance.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one I was hoping for 6 on was the drive after the turnover. If I remember we dumped it off to Zeke because no one was open.

That one in particular.

I guess it's also a product of Dak"s limitations but I hate that we basically mail it in anytime it's third and long. They're content with a draw or dump off and hoping for the best rather than actually trying to gain a first. It's like hey they stopped us on the first 2 downs, might as well give up on this series.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one in particular.

I guess it's also a product of Dak"s limitations but I hate that we basically mail it in anytime it's third and long. They're content with a draw or dump off and hoping for the best rather than actually trying to gain a first. It's like hey they stopped us on the first 2 downs, might as well give up on this series.

I think we are going to see a lot more of this than in years past due to the coaching staff trusting the defense more.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, too, was excited by the early play-calling. It seemed that for the first quarter and a half we were running when they expected us to pass and passing when they expected us to run. The long pass to start the game was certainly out of character for us, which seemed to set the tone.

But, once again, something happened along the way. We became way too predictable again. I was calling plays before the snap of the ball. If I, a middle-aged, arm chair coach, whose only experience with football is what I watch on TV, can predict plays simply by alignment, down, and distance, you can be sure that defensive coordinator who gets paid lots of money to say nothing of the guys on the field, can predict where the play is going. We got bogged down beginning in the middle of the second quarter and returned to a "impose our will on them" style of play.

It worked against the Giants, and a win is a win. Today, the season and prospects for the playoffs look much better for us than it does for the Giants, but the reality is that we just beat a team that is 0-2 by a single touchdown, and they were just a bounce away from having a hail Mary's chance of taking us to overtime.

I loved the good coverage of the CBs. Eli made some pretty good throws and our guys were, for the most part, in good position. Smith is looking better and better weak by weak. The d-line, together with a few blitzes mixed in, got the job done, but I think some of that has to be credited to the poor o-line play of the Giants.

Our o-line did very well, I thought, considering how stout the Giants revamped d-line is considered to be. Dak managed the game fairly well, but it was nothing stellar. He's got to learn more touch on those corner of the end zone fades. Rico was wide open in the fourth quarter only to have a near line-drive sail over his head and out of reach. A little arch on that one and it would have given him a chance to catch the ball for the TD. He did the same thing on some of the sideline routes where our receiver had a half step on the defender. He's very good at the read-option, though, but I don't want him slicing through the secondary too many times, especially since he seems to rely more on his size rather than the slide. That can spell disaster.

Once again, no half time adjustments from the coaching staff, which weren't really needed on defense, but could have helped on offense. I was pleased with a significant decrease in the number of screens called. A screen is only useful if it isn't over used.

Overall, a solid performance, but I don't think that performance from the coaches or the offense will be enough to get us through games against better opponents.

Rico was wide open because the LB fell down as Dak simultaneously was releasing the ball with a pass rusher running at him. I guess Dak is supposed to have the intuition in real time to know that the LB would fall down and that Rico would be wide open. And this is Rico, someone who has never played a game and Dak has little-to-no rapport with. For fuck's sake. The petty Dak criticism by this fan base is so dumb. Dak doesn't have prime Witten, prime Dez, prime TO, or even prime Austin to throw to. Forgive him for not putting up the stats you guys want.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zeke wants to be a cheerleader

DnQ-3H5W0AEDrgU.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a Collins fan. I think he is great. I don’t think what he said was bad. Maybe he should not have said it, but I’m not sure what question was asked. He didn’t say anything though that was false.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rico was wide open because the LB fell down as Dak simultaneously was releasing the ball with a pass rusher running at him. I guess Dak is supposed to have the intuition in real time to know that the LB would fall down and that Rico would be wide open. And this is Rico, someone who has never played a game and Dak has little-to-no rapport with. For fuck's sake. The petty Dak criticism by this fan base is so dumb. Dak doesn't have prime Witten, prime Dez, prime TO, or even prime Austin to throw to. Forgive him for not putting up the stats you guys want.

Earl, calm down, brother. All I said was that a little touch on that pass would have resulted in a TD. The same was true on a couple of the sideline slants. There were at least two of those where the receivers had a half step on the cb, and the ball was overthrown because it came in too hot.

But on the play I'm thinking about I don't recall that the lb fell down. In fact, if memory serves me correctly, he was just a step behind Rico as Rico stretched his arm out for the ball.

I'm not expecting Dak to put up huge stats, so your rant is pretty childish, IMO.