• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nice game tonight against the Clippers

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
figured Warriors would get blown away with Biedrins out...not that he has been contributing too much, but was very impressed with how the team played limiting TOs and only get out rebounded by 8...this team really plays well at home, once they figure out how to close out the tight games they could be heading in a positive direction, think part of it is Jackson's inexperience (putting ball in Monta's hands at end of games for example).

p.s. Griffin with foul trouble always helps! :)

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the Warriors are doing everything in their power to lose their draft pick. I refuse to believe we're actually decent!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you know the W's and you looked at the schedule, you knew that:

1. We'd lose to Portland at home (low profile game, Aldridge out, we'd blow it)
2. We'd lose in OKC (terrible road team)
3. We'd lose in Memphis (see above)
4. We'd beat the Flippers at home (high profile game)

Looking at the rest of the schedule, we're a .500 home team and a .273 road team. With 15 more home games and 22 more away from Oracle, we look to be a 25-26 win team. Currently, that would leave us 8th....

We need a crap team to go on a nice run so we can keep our pick.

Looking forward, the upcoming schedule:

2/22 at PHO: this game could go either way, but I'm going to bet on the Suns on the money line. Both teams are off today, so the Suns should win a close one.
2/28 at IND: almost certain loss for the W's coming out of the break. The Pacers are a good, rebounding, defending team.
2/29 at ATL: interesting game; a lot will depend on how much the W's are extended the night before. ATL can defend, and will be coming off a six day layoff. Hawks should win this one.
3/2 at PHI: Another good rebounding and defending Eastern team. Neither team on a back-to-back, should be another W's close road loss.
3/4 at TOR: This sets up as the most likely road win for the W's on the trip. TOR doesn't rebound very well, and is average defensively. Both teams with a day off and the W's should be coming in with a 4 game losing streak. W's win by 5.
3/5 at WAS: On paper, a winnable game. However, the W's will be on a back-to-back and the Wiz will be rested. W's careless with the ball and have no legs to hit jumpers in the fourth. Wiz by 4.

So that would leave us 13-22 when we next play at Oracle. Season officially over. Likely still in 8th place, unless the Pistons or Kings can get on a little run. Here's hoping, and I'm going to bet against the W's on the money line in every game except the Raptors.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you know the W's and you looked at the schedule, you knew that:

1. We'd lose to Portland at home (low profile game, Aldridge out, we'd blow it)
2. We'd lose in OKC (terrible road team)
3. We'd lose in Memphis (see above)
4. We'd beat the Flippers at home (high profile game)

Looking at the rest of the schedule, we're a .500 home team and a .273 road team. With 15 more home games and 22 more away from Oracle, we look to be a 25-26 win team. Currently, that would leave us 8th....

We need a crap team to go on a nice run so we can keep our pick.

Looking forward, the upcoming schedule:

2/22 at PHO: this game could go either way, but I'm going to bet on the Suns on the money line. Both teams are off today, so the Suns should win a close one.
2/28 at IND: almost certain loss for the W's coming out of the break. The Pacers are a good, rebounding, defending team.
2/29 at ATL: interesting game; a lot will depend on how much the W's are extended the night before. ATL can defend, and will be coming off a six day layoff. Hawks should win this one.
3/2 at PHI: Another good rebounding and defending Eastern team. Neither team on a back-to-back, should be another W's close road loss.
3/4 at TOR: This sets up as the most likely road win for the W's on the trip. TOR doesn't rebound very well, and is average defensively. Both teams with a day off and the W's should be coming in with a 4 game losing streak. W's win by 5.
3/5 at WAS: On paper, a winnable game. However, the W's will be on a back-to-back and the Wiz will be rested. W's careless with the ball and have no legs to hit jumpers in the fourth. Wiz by 4.

So that would leave us 13-22 when we next play at Oracle. Season officially over. Likely still in 8th place, unless the Pistons or Kings can get on a little run. Here's hoping, and I'm going to bet against the W's on the money line in every game except the Raptors.

Riley was quoted recently saying that the organization would have to decide very soon whether a playoff push was a possiblility. And if not, it would be time to start preparing for next year. Looks like the organization will be shifting gears soon, assuming your predictions are accurate (which I think they are).

Here it is: (from Marcus Thompson)

If the Warriors don't turn things around quickly, Golden State will be forced to turn its attention away from the playoffs and to developing the young talent. That probably means more time for rookie swingman Klay Thompson and even more minutes for second-year big man Ekpe Udoh. Maybe even rookie big man Jeremy Tyler gets into the rotation.

It could also mean Riley will turn his attention to the trade deadline and potentially revamping the roster. Riley said he's not quite ready to start looking toward the future.

"But the clock is ticking," Riley said. "No question."

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting stat (also from the Thompson article):

The fact that the Warriors have been knocking at the door in several of these games warrants some leeway. Golden State is six games under .500 and ranks 12th in the Western Conference. But in nine of the Warriors' 17 losses, they were tied, led by a point or trailed by a point with 90 seconds left.

Are the Warriors better than we think? If they had signed Chandler, are we looking at a team that can close out games and perhaps is fighting for a playoff spot? Are we one player away...or should the team really be blown up?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the Warriors are doing everything in their power to lose their draft pick. I refuse to believe we're actually decent!

We're not decent. Gotta agree with you there. A great effort against the Clips, though. Really surprised me. Glad to see on the replay that Udoh only banged his knee. When I first saw him laying on the floor, I feared the worst.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting stat (also from the Thompson article):

The fact that the Warriors have been knocking at the door in several of these games warrants some leeway. Golden State is six games under .500 and ranks 12th in the Western Conference. But in nine of the Warriors' 17 losses, they were tied, led by a point or trailed by a point with 90 seconds left.

Are the Warriors better than we think? If they had signed Chandler, are we looking at a team that can close out games and perhaps is fighting for a playoff spot? Are we one player away...or should the team really be blown up?

depends on your definition of blown up!

Biedrins definitely needs to go away, i feel bad, used to really like him but he seems to have no game whatsoever...don't know what happened to him??

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on your definition of blown up!

Biedrins definitely needs to go away, i feel bad, used to really like him but he seems to have no game whatsoever...don't know what happened to him??

Most say partying, but he has to have curbed that a little by now, right? During that time, I guess his skills deteriorated so much that he lost all confidence because he certainly does not play with any (aside from the occasional flash when Lee is in foul trouble). There are always injuries to blame, of which he has had his equal share, but only the ab injury caused major concern in the org. The short answer is: I don't know. Maybe, he just wasn't that good to begin with, and the flashes he showed were just that.

It's easier to see why the Warriors are in the situation they are in when you look at the Top 5 picks that they have made over the last two decades. Tough ones to waste (or run out of town).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a shame. Two fun, young teams with entertaining athletes. What's up with the Twin Cities?

Well, I lived a couple of blocks from Target Center for three years, and I can tell you that walking over there (the skyway isn't open at night) in Jan/Feb was a fucking life-threatening chore. Still, I saw JRich drain a buzzer three in a meaningless W's victory there in 2003. That area of downtown is deserted except during the summer.