• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHLPA Approves Return-to-Play Format

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something with a large streaming presence. I would guess theyd want to be on espn for espn+ as part of the disney channel lineup. :noidea:

nbc is focusing on building peacock so its not like theyre out of the game. Theyre just shuttering sn and moving shit around
I get business is business and all that, but after the way ESPN spent years and years belittling and besmirching the NHL at every chance, I still say fuck 'em.

as for NBCSN, I watch them a lot. I hope they'll keep what they show now and as you say, just move it around some. I watch a lot of EPL and pro cycling and that's almost exclusively on SN here in the States. I'll probably end up doing what you said, more and more streaming services.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? fuck! half the sports I watch are almost exclusively on NBCSN :pout:
Same here. NHL, Tour De France, IndyCar, Premiere League and Mecum Auctions.
Something with a large streaming presence. I would guess theyd want to be on espn for espn+ as part of the disney channel lineup. :noidea:

nbc is focusing on building peacock so its not like theyre out of the game. Theyre just shuttering sn and moving shit around
That Peacock thing is annoying. Like okay you are putting some PL games on, but the specifically put the ones anyone wants to watch on the pay tier. Watford/Burnely? Free to air. Liverpool/Chelsea? You're paying up. I don't care enough to pay but would watch (and absorb the ads) if it was on.

NBC owns Sky Sports overseas, so my guess is NBCSN is being eliminated in name only. In England Sky has like 12 different sports channels. They have a dedicated F1 channel. There's little chance they are going to step aside and just let ESPN win. They are already showing Sky Sports news on NBCSN.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. NHL, Tour De France, IndyCar, Premiere League and Mecum Auctions.

That Peacock thing is annoying. Like okay you are putting some PL games on, but the specifically put the ones anyone wants to watch on the pay tier. Watford/Burnely? Free to air. Liverpool/Chelsea? You're paying up. I don't care enough to pay but would watch (and absorb the ads) if it was on.

NBC owns Sky Sports overseas, so my guess is NBCSN is being eliminated in name only. In England Sky has like 12 different sports channels. They have a dedicated F1 channel. There's little chance they are going to step aside and just let ESPN win. They are already showing Sky Sports news on NBCSN.
that's interesting. I had no idea NBC owned Sky. Haha, I guess that's why they were always pumping them up during cycling broadcasts. makes sense now :D

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a related story the NHL has determined that shinier jerseys sell better to the casual fans. So each team is going to incorporate up to 24% metallic thread into their jerseys. They don't move as well or breath as well or function as well but hey - shiny.

I wonder if the demographics of the area was a selling point for Boston.

Why don't just broadcast a teen co-ed hockey game instead? It's not like the quality of hockey would be any different. Maybe have the teens wear the pro jerseys and they can tell the viewers is the real players. The viewers will be so excited about it being outdoors they would never notice.

Hey, what about outdoor movies?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and:
crummy-commercial.gif

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the giant presence of Honda in Marysville just outside Columbus, I hope we're in any division besides that one.
I'm from the Marysville area...... So obviously I have 4 relatives who work for or retired from there.

I worked there in college

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm from the Marysville area...... So obviously I have 4 relatives who work for or retired from there.

I worked there in college
Yeah, like 5 people I work with down in Easton have spouses who work there.

Which is why it would be funny to me to be in the MassMutual division.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're Discover!

WOOOO.

Awesome first comment: The Morgan Stanley Cup.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
honestly, if they pissed all over the traditional names already (narrator voice "they have"), might as well cash in.

if we ever in a division again, i don't care if it's the Dave Buck Ford division or GoDaddy.com division.