• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHLPA Approves Return-to-Play Format

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wb4jc6mzdj851.jpg

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all horseshit, their continuing tentative dates, blah blah blah. Ain't gonna happen. Period. At the best they'll be playing in empty arenas. That they even are still putting this out at this stage, pretty much tells you the thing the owners & league care most about (Pssst-wanna guess?)

Hang it up pro sports, and wait for a better day. Going into a place like an arena is right at the top 5 of my list of places I'm not going near in the foreseeable future.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
It's all horseshit, their continuing tentative dates, blah blah blah. Ain't gonna happen. Period. At the best they'll be playing in empty arenas. That they even are still putting this out at this stage, pretty much tells you the thing the owners & league care most about (Pssst-wanna guess?)

Hang it up pro sports, and wait for a better day. Going into a place like an arena is right at the top 5 of my list of places I'm not going near in the foreseeable future.

I don't think any of that assumes any fans in the stands.
Last I heard, they were only letting the players' families into the bubble for the conference finals and finals.

it may all go to shit anyway, but that's not about fans in the seats

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one here excited that the Cup may be awarded in Toronto for the first time in 53 years?

/glasshalffull

The Raptors winning the NBA championship was followed in short order by a global pandemic. Do we really want to see what will happen if the Leafs end their Stanley Cup drought?

:behindsofa:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors winning the NBA championship was followed in short order by a global pandemic. Do we really want to see what will happen if the Leafs end their Stanley Cup drought?

:behindsofa:

We are looking at Book of Revelations level stuff for sure :thumb:

/I did not in any way suggest the Leafs would win the Cup. In fact I rather doubt it

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are looking at Book of Revelations level stuff for sure :thumb:

/I did not in any way suggest the Leafs would win the Cup. In fact I rather doubt it

I thought I read that the Stanley Cup final (if we even get to that point) will be played in Edmonton :noidea:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read that the Stanley Cup final (if we even get to that point) will be played in Edmonton :noidea:

See #275 :pound:

Seriously, yes I read that also. But for the life of me I dont know why they would choose EDM over TOR (since those are the only two, flawed choices).

Am I the only one who thinks about preserving the health and safety of the Cup? With the Finals in Toronto, Bruce Pritchard (going by memory on the name, so probably wrong) would just have to walk it a block or two from the HHOF. No exposing Lord Stanley's cup to that nasty, filty, COVID-infected airplane air.