• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL GDT - Wednesday, Mar 24

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah we know it is Buffalo but still

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letang :L

I guess he was feeling bad for the Sabres and started to play like their team.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ducks haven't won a game in regulation in 40 days and they're still up 8 points on the Sabres in the race to the bottom.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could really use a home game against the Leafs right about now.
That score last night was not indicative of how the Sabres were playing. It was actually much worse. They were getting beat and overtaken on all puck battles. By the third period it seemed the Penguins were trying any high risk pass just because if it didn't work they would get the puck back.
The penalty shot goal might have been the one exception where after a high risk pass the Sabres got a break.

Perfect example of how sad it was, not only the Gaudreau goal show above. The play that led to the Marino goal really shows a team that has lost the drive out of frustration of losing all the time.

Seriously the likes of Gaudreau, Lafferty, Angello, Sceviour, Janikowski, Rodrigues, Ceci and Matheson over power your top players it is a sad night.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That score last night was not indicative of how the Sabres were playing. It was actually much worse. They were getting beat and overtaken on all puck battles. By the third period it seemed the Penguins were trying any high risk pass just because if it didn't work they would get the puck back.
The penalty shot goal might have been the one exception where after a high risk pass the Sabres got a break.

Perfect example of how sad it was, not only the Gaudreau goal show above. The play that led to the Marino goal really shows a team that has lost the drive out of frustration of losing all the time.

Seriously the likes of Gaudreau, Lafferty, Angello, Sceviour, Janikowski, Rodrigues, Ceci and Matheson over power your top players it is a sad night.
Yeah they're pretty hopeless but somehow they'd beat the Leafs 5-2 tomorrow if there was a game scheduled (especially on a Friday night, they love those).

It's like the Leafs with Ottawa this season. Hockey is completely illogical and pure voodoo.

Anyway, Hall shouldn't be worth much more than a 2nd round pick at this point right? Those two goals were pretty bad on him.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they're pretty hopeless but somehow they'd beat the Leafs 5-2 tomorrow if there was a game scheduled (especially on a Friday night, they love those).

It's like the Leafs with Ottawa this season. Hockey is completely illogical and pure voodoo.

Anyway, Hall shouldn't be worth much more than a 2nd round pick at this point right? Those two goals were pretty bad on him.
I don't think any of the Sabre expiring contract players look desirable right now., with the exception of Reider but I think he is hurt.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any of the Sabre expiring contract players look desirable right now., with the exception of Reider but I think he is hurt.
There was one point late in the 2nd period (I think) where Staal had a chance to get behind the D and in the Penguins zone and I texted my son “how slow is he?” His response was something along the lines of I don’t think he’s that slow, I just don’t think he’s even trying. Lol

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was one point late in the 2nd period (I think) where Staal had a chance to get behind the D and in the Penguins zone and I texted my son “how slow is he?” His response was something along the lines of I don’t think he’s that slow, I just don’t think he’s even trying. Lol
Look at the Crosby goal. When he was knocked off the puck (I think a trip should have been called but wasn't). After the puck was stolen he knew it was a goal the other way so he didn't even try to get back. On top of the fact Eric Staal had the puck removed from him that easily from Mike Matheson!

NOTE:
-At the beginning of the play look how easily Marino took Skinner off the puck. I don't blame the young players on that team for having their challenges with the so called "veterans" just don't care.
- That Guentzel pass should have been stopped. Almost like Jokiharju didn't even try and the attempt on Crosby was awful. And was Montour trying to push Jokiharju or was that to tell him to stop we are trying to lose? :tinfoil3:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was controller disconnect moment there!

I think the entire dressing room has been disconnected this season. Big changes are needed but I don't think the current GM should be the person responsible for making those changes. That said, I think there are some good players on the Flames, they just don't seem to mesh together well.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
That said, I think there are some good players on the Flames, they just don't seem to mesh together well.
too many assholes in the room
and one significant one with a leadership role

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monahan? Okay. I'll take him.

He's breaking down more and more every season I'm afraid, rumo(u)rs are that he's playing through injuries again this season and his numbers are taking a hit.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's breaking down more and more every season I'm afraid, rumo(u)rs are that he's playing through injuries again this season and his numbers are taking a hit.
I gotta say Dash, that’s a rather novel approach to increasing his trade value.