• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 3-17-15

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck NHL refs. They need to get over themselves and simply do their job, which is to call a game impartially. Stop being 12 year old girls more worried about what someone did to your friend, and DO YOUR JOB. Gah. Ridiculous.

EDIT: Schneider was on his game and just great tonight, that's the big story from the game. But the refs are an issue. There needs to be accountability.

Sorry Pix, but a Pens fan decrying NHL officiating rings hollow for many of us. Try watching Ottawa play. There are so many NHL refs that grew up either Leafs or Habs fans that the Sens rarely avoid either one.

This year has been only moderately disgusting. The last 4 before that were a disgrace.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Pix, but a Pens fan decrying NHL officiating rings hollow for many of us. Try watching Ottawa play. There are so many NHL refs that grew up either Leafs or Habs fans that the Sens rarely avoid either one.

This year has been only moderately disgusting. The last 4 before that were a disgrace.

Not a Pens specific thing, it's a "Kris Letang was mean to my friend on Sunday, so I refuse to call a blatant penalty" thing.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Pens specific thing, it's a "Kris Letang was mean to my friend on Sunday, so I refuse to call a blatant penalty" thing.

Well, Kris Letang is a scumbag on the ice so I have no sympathy. However, I agree with your premise. Refs need to judge each individual act as independently as they can.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Kris Letang is a scumbag on the ice so I have no sympathy. However, I agree with your premise. Refs need to judge each individual act as independently as they can.

Hah, I get that. He's annoying and all, but there's a minute left in a 1-0 game in which the team has yet to get a call, even though they've nearly doubled up the other team in shots, and you ignore a pretty blatant trip in the offensive zone. You're simply asking for people to question your integrity. The fact that the NHL protects them so much bugs me too. No media asking any questions, and seemingly no league critiquing or holding them accountable.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild tie it up.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hah, I get that. He's annoying and all, but there's a minute left in a 1-0 game in which the team has yet to get a call, even though they've nearly doubled up the other team in shots, and you ignore a pretty blatant trip in the offensive zone. You're simply asking for people to question your integrity. The fact that the NHL protects them so much bugs me too. No media asking any questions, and seemingly no league critiquing or holding them accountable.

Agreed. But again, I've seen it so much with my team in the last year that it's crazy. I hate the last minute stuff but Ottawa was, at least last year, systematically destroyed by the refs. I've never seen that in regards to the Pens. And yes, I can provide stats if needed.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets fans chanting "Who's your captain?" during the game at the MTS Centre tonight.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stone cold killer Kenny!

Sorry dash... My team is outside the playoffs, I'm busy worrying about draft position. :scratch:

Here's to hoping that either of our team's that battled the whole way win the lottery, in the event they don't make the playoffs. Fuck the tankers.

I love watching all these young guys play. It really reminds me of the 97 season when I watched the young Sens fight their way into the playoffs (they were there for 11 seasons straight after that). Young teams are the best to watch.

Flames-Sens final in 2018?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But again, I've seen it so much with my team in the last year that it's crazy. I hate the last minute stuff but Ottawa was, at least last year, systematically destroyed by the refs. I've never seen that in regards to the Pens. And yes, I can provide stats if needed.

Not because I think the Pens are worse/on par, but I'd actually like to see the stats. It's my soapbox of the year, you know. Heck, the numbers from the first 10% of the season until now aren't pretty in regard to PP opps.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like pulling the goalie with 8 minutes left in the 3rd period...

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings started the night in the Wild card spot
At 7 pm they had fallen out of the playoffs
At 9 pm they are the 3rd team in the Pacific
All without playing a game.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not because I think the Pens are worse/on par, but I'd actually like to see the stats. It's my soapbox of the year, you know. Heck, the numbers from the first 10% of the season until now aren't pretty in regard to PP opps.

LOL. They used to show the difference in PPs v. SHs. The new format that NHL.com has doesn't let me find it, but here is last year's numbers on how much PP team each team has.

There is a post i made a while back showing disparities in PP time across a season. I can't find it now. NHL coverup. :tinfoil:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. They used to show the difference in PPs v. SHs. The new format that NHL.com has doesn't let me find it, but here is last year's numbers on how much PP team each team has.

There is a post i made a while back showing disparities in PP time across a season. I can't find it now. NHL coverup. :tinfoil:
OK I;ve figured it out.

Here a re the stats from last year. PP minus PK time.

NHL.com - Stats

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Burrows with 2 in 17 seconds was nice to see.
Horvat line turning the Flyers defense in circles a few times was also pretty sweet