• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 2-25-15

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sens leading the Ducks 2-0

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"...And can you feel.... the love, tonight..."

FrailUnrulyGuineapig.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to that though: in their own respective "games", OV is having a better season, yeah. It does still crack me up that Sid's bad year involves being a few points out of scoring lead.

I think the "bad Crosby season" narrative is more based on him being on pace for his lowest full-season goalscoring total to date. I mean, did anybody ever think they'd see Crosby score fewer than 30 goals in a full season before turning 30?

I think it was you who posted that chart of his goals-per-82 or something like that the other day, with the concussion years highlighted. Rossi was on TSN radio here last night and he was saying how kind of heartbreaking it's been watching his decline from the days when you simply couldn't take your eyes off him. I went to Buffalo a couple times to watch Pens-Sabres games with my friends from 2006-2008 just because watching him play alone was worth the drive. Sad how long ago that was now.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the "bad Crosby season" narrative is more based on him being on pace for his lowest full-season goalscoring total to date. I mean, did anybody ever think they'd see Crosby score fewer than 30 goals in a full season before turning 30?

I think it was you who posted that chart of his goals-per-82 or something like that the other day, with the concussion years highlighted. Rossi was on TSN radio here last night and he was saying how kind of heartbreaking it's been watching his decline from the days when you simply couldn't take your eyes off him. I went to Buffalo a couple times to watch Pens-Sabres games with my friends from 2006-2008 just because watching him play alone was worth the drive. Sad how long ago that was now.

Yeah, I posted that. I think he still has it though, mostly because of the season he hurt his jaw. That year he was a force, but puck to the jaw ended it and just threw him off. I think some, if not most of it, is a mental game. He changed the way he played a bit, more of a perimeter player than he was pre-2011, etc. I'm certainly not giving up on seeing him dominate, but I doubt we'll see the same version of him ever again. Which is simply tragic.