• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 2-19-15

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As warren moon might scream ... THAT WAS A VERY GOOD GAME!!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Radim Vrbata for the Norris? Looks pretty good on defense.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sedins enter rags zone with 3:30 left and rags dont touch the puck until they are fishing it out of their net with 2:00 to go :thumb:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers with a point! Now bring home the second

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Petrovic just dropped Tinordi!

And now the Panthers on the power play! Tie this baby up

Did they fight twice? Because the highlight i saw didnt show tinordi getting dropped

/this is tinordi getting dropped btw

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardiac Cats dooooooo it again!!! Boston, objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear - Cats are comin' for you!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job Flyers, you fucking tards

4 out of a possible 8 points in the last four games against Columbus and Buffalo

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Petrovic just dropped Tinordi!

And now the Panthers on the power play! Tie this baby up

Eh, his best punch was landed when Tinordi had fallen to the ice and was defenseless.

Nice win for the Panthers though.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to hand it to the Penguins - at least they find new and entertaining ways to lose a frustrating game.

In seriousness, it's sad to see that in a season where Fleury and Letang are playing stellar (Norris consideration for Letang, maybe some Vezina consideration for Fleury?) we get an underwhelming season from Malkin and Crosby - especially the latter, who has been Mr. Consistent throughout his career, injuries excluded.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to hand it to the Penguins - at least they find new and entertaining ways to lose a frustrating game.

In seriousness, it's sad to see that in a season where Fleury and Letang are playing stellar (Norris consideration for Letang, maybe some Vezina consideration for Fleury?) we get an underwhelming season from Malkin and Crosby - especially the latter, who has been Mr. Consistent throughout his career, injuries excluded.

Pretty much. And Sid hasn't had a winger like Perron since he had Hossa on his line for two months. He's still performing well as far as fancy stats go, but he's definitely in a slump like he's never had. Didn't expect this type of regression. Geno is still Geno, and honestly that second line has been the best still. The bottom six is pretty much 100% useless though. Sutter seems to bring down whomever he plays with too. I wish they'd put Bennett in the top six, because I don't think playing with 16 is doing anything but harm really. Sort of weird, because on paper this is a very solid looking roster. I dunno, they need some form of a shake up, not sure where that comes from though. Could simply be a players meeting or something. No way they shake up the coaching staff this soon, and I still think that Rutherford has done well thus far. He sort of had a bit of a mess to clean up when he came in. Having zero homegrown talent available up front in the past 5 or so years hasn't helped.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B-QI4edCMAA0-5X.jpg

*tear runs down face* One of those moments I think "dear lord, we don't deserve this guy around..."

Crosby for Kessel.

Oh look...a 1-1 game with not a lot of time left and the Pens take back to back penalties!

Pretty solid kill, though.

MAF is this team's MVP and the only reason it's close is because of Letang's season.

I'll take "rarely uttered phrases" for 200, Alex.

Hahahhha, I'm pretty confident that Sutter just fell there. Mostly because Sutter is awful and that's how he battles on the boards with the puck...he falls.

Yeah, I was a little miffed at that one. The look on Connauton's face was pretty funny.

I'll take "rarely uttered phrases" for 400, Alex.

All kidding aside, LMAFO was unreal. McIlhenny was as well. When I saw the goaltending matchup I would not have bet a penny on it being a "goaltender's duel".

Last night was the Jacket's season in a nutshell. They can be motivated and attack hard (when they feel like it). They adjust to line juggling and can control long swaths of a game. And have nothing to show for it. They only have success when a goalie plays out of his mind.

Don't know if it's Richards' system, or the lack of purebred talent, but they cannot break a game open unless the other side quits.

I liked how Dalton Prout was a hero for one punching Lucic. Now Dubi is being praised for goading the Kid into a fight. If nothing else, we can annoy the shit out of players that people dislike.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked how Dalton Prout was a hero for one punching Lucic. Now Dubi is being praised for goading the Kid into a fight. If nothing else, we can annoy the shit out of players that people dislike.
Any way you slice it, that's a win for the Jackets. I'd trade losing 5 minutes of Dubi for losing 5 minutes of Crosby every time.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardiac Cats dooooooo it again!!! Boston, objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear - Cats are comin' for you!

I would give Kessel to the Cats for a 7th rounder if it meant the Bruins miss the playoffs.

Now, where did I leave those old mice???????