• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 2-19-15

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, pix, what exactly is a yinzer?

So, every area has a way of saying "you all". You have the "you guys", "yous", "y'alls" of the world...and then there's Pittsburgh. A honest to good (probably from the North Side) Pittsburgher may come at you with a "yinz" or "yinz guys" (some say yunz). They tend to be very white-trash with a horrid Pittsburgh accent and idiotic ideas when it comes to sports. Most above the age of, say, 45 may be the "Steelers only" fan too. Those are my *favorite*. They REALLY don't know what they're talking about.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Glencross a good leader? Can he grow facial hair? Has he had the mumps yet? These are all very pertinent.

Does he have enormous lizard lips?

So, apparently "actual NHL goalie" McIlhenny is in for the second.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unholy beast and a assist to linesman Pierre Racicot. 2-1 NYR

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Latvian Locomotive has two points tonight.

Nice snipe by Horvat and we're tied 2-2

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby and Dubinsky dropping the gloves

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Habs score first against the Panthers

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing to me that the league has seemingly reverted to pre-2005 lockout type stuff. They're not calling jack shit in these games. Hartnell with a giant slash after the whistle, nothing, Hornqvist was just thrown to the ice after the whistle and they just gave a "tut tut" to him. But don't hold the puck! No, no! You'd think they'd WANT more goals.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets just got called for Too Many Men on the Ice and somehow gave the Caps a 4-on-1 breakaway at the same time. :L

Caps up 4-1 right now. This one is a joke. The Jets look god awful and only a flukey deflection put them on the board. Almost two periods in, the Jets have managed just 10 shots on net.

Backstrom has 2 goals and an assist so far tonight. That ties him for the lead league in points... but he's no all-star, right? ;)

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing to me that the league has seemingly reverted to pre-2005 lockout type stuff. They're not calling jack shit in these games. Hartnell with a giant slash after the whistle, nothing, Hornqvist was just thrown to the ice after the whistle and they just gave a "tut tut" to him. But don't hold the puck! No, no! You'd think they'd WANT more goals.

Hey, at least they punished Foligno for trying to break Downie's elbow with his face.

I guess it doesn't matter that Hartnell was responding to getting crosschecked after the same whistle. And that Hornquist got thrown down because he sticked Tabasco in the nards. I mean, they can't call every penalty on the Jackets in response to a penalty on the Pens that gets let go.

I am sure they were trying to figure out a way to only give Dubinsky five...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets just got called for Too Many Men on the Ice and somehow gave the Caps a 4-on-1 breakaway at the same time. :L

Caps up 4-1 right now. This one is a joke. The Jets look god awful and only a flukey deflection put them on the board. Almost two periods in, the Jets have managed just 10 shots on net.

Backstrom has 2 goals and an assist so far tonight. That ties him for the lead league in points... but he's no all-star, right? ;)

I hope that the Caps lock that locker room up tight...don't want anyone's close getting wet.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, at least they punished Foligno for trying to break Downie's elbow with his face.

I guess it doesn't matter that Hartnell was responding to getting crosschecked after the same whistle. And that Hornquist got thrown down because he sticked Tabasco in the nards. I mean, they can't call every penalty on the Jackets in response to a penalty on the Pens that gets let go.

I am sure they were trying to figure out a way to only give Dubinsky five...

It doesn't matter if he was cross checked, then send them both off. You can't ignore that freaking wind up or a guy getting thrown down like that, it just means it's going to happen more. I'm not making this a "woe is the Pens" situation, it's a "what the hell happened to calling penalties" thing. Calls across the league are down, and the LAST thing I want as a fan is a return to the clutch and grab. Hits are getting a bit later every night, grabbing and hacking away from the puck is being ignored a lot more, and it's certainly not helping the goal scoring thing.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if he was cross checked, then send them both off. You can't ignore that freaking wind up or a guy getting thrown down like that, it just means it's going to happen more. I'm not making this a "woe is the Pens" situation, it's a "what the hell happened to calling penalties" thing. Calls across the league are down, and the LAST thing I want as a fan is a return to the clutch and grab. Hits are getting a bit later every night, grabbing and hacking away from the puck is being ignored a lot more, and it's certainly not helping the goal scoring thing.

Maybe the league mandate is to start playoff level officiating earlier this year.

Someone is going to get hurt tonight. I am expecting Foligno is going to yank one of Downie's arms off and beat him with it.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Gallagher's 2nd of the night, Tomas Fleischmann gets the Cats on the board! Continue the comeback, Cats!