• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 12-8-14

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp Blues take the lead

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty with 690. Suppose 700 is probably happening?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a tough loss for the Panthers - they played one heck of a game but just had the worst luck ever - those three goals they gave up were off deflections or skates - but if they keep playing like this they will win more and more of these games

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't even get me started on them. Tonight Steiggy was especially awful. Instead of calling the effing game he complains about one single missed call. Sure, I didn't appreciate that missed call Steigs, but do your freaking job.

It was just so funny to me. I have to hear Jeff Rimer, so I know homer announcers. But it was just "Oh, the team of righteousness, Sid is a God, those other guys suck and WHERE ARE THE CALLS?" all night.

Did you guys know that Aaron Ekblad just scored the game tying goal for the Panthers?

Meh. Call me when he has three assists in one game.

Fucking insanity.

I was stunned that 102 shutouts fell. If he gets 700 wins, I don't know how I will react.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just so funny to me. I have to hear Jeff Rimer, so I know homer announcers. But it was just "Oh, the team of righteousness, Sid is a God, those other guys suck and WHERE ARE THE CALLS?" all night.

Perhaps my favorite call last night was on the first goal. It's pretty obvious on the replay that the pass to Spaling from Sid wasn't a pass. He misplayed the puck, but like most great players, it magically found it's way to someone. Those two were going on and on about the "perfect pass", even after watching a replay of Sid misplaying the puck. Meanwhile, on the radio side, Lange and Bourque are joking about what an artist Mario was at "drawing" the call. So the radio side takes it for what it is, gamesmenship, while the TV side is indignant. You can talk about the penalty issues during intermission, or a break in play...but talking about it, at length, during play is not good PxP.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps my favorite call last night was on the first goal. It's pretty obvious on the replay that the pass to Spaling from Sid wasn't a pass. He misplayed the puck, but like most great players, it magically found it's way to someone. Those two were going on and on about the "perfect pass", even after watching a replay of Sid misplaying the puck. Meanwhile, on the radio side, Lange and Bourque are joking about what an artist Mario was at "drawing" the call. So the radio side takes it for what it is, gamesmenship, while the TV side is indignant. You can talk about the penalty issues during intermission, or a break in play...but talking about it, at length, during play is not good PxP.

One of the reasons I like Jody Shelley. He doesn't let Rimer get away with that "How was that a call?" mess. He's said, a few times, "That's a penalty in every league, including beer leagues." I love it.