• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL Current +5 Draft Semi-Final 1 : Hockey vs Ritz

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOCKEY
1st Line
C - Jean Beliveau (WC) : LW - Bobby Hull (WC) : RW - Patrick Kane

2nd Line
C - Stan Mikita (WC) : LW - James Neal : RW - Bobby Ryan

3rd Line
C - Tyler Seguin : LW - Jamie Benn : RW - Jason Pominville

4th Line
C - Nicklas Backstrom : LW - Jussi Jokinen : RW - Blake Wheeler

1st Line D
Eddie Shore (WC) : Victor Hedman

2nd Line D
Tyson Barrie : Red Kelly (WC)

3rd Line D
Kris Letang : Nick Leddy

Goalies
Braden Holtby : Pekka Rinne

VERSUS

RITZ
1st Line
C - Wayne Gretzky (WC) : LW - Alex Tanguay : RW - Pavel Bure (WC)

2nd Line
C - Patrice Bergeron : LW - Patrick Sharp : RW - Brett Hull (WC)

3rd Line
C - Scott Gomez : LW - Chris Kunitz : RW - Brian Gionta

4th Line
C - Mike Ribeiro : LW - Scott Hartnell : RW - Chris Neil

1st Line D
Nicklas Lidstrom (WC) : Dan Boyle

2nd Line D
Erik Karlssonn : Anton Stralman

3rd Line D
Mike Green : Dennis Wideman

Goalies
Glenn Hall (WC) : Roberto Luongo

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOCKEY - 5
RITZ - 3

VOTED - Hockey, UK, Milk, Nos, 500, Smitty, Ritz, Femur

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the offenses are close, defense is close. Biggest edge I see is goaltender. Two great teams

Ritz

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ritz just doesn't have the depth. I'm sorry:

He's got Gretzky. But Tangauy is easily the worst of our 6 guys on those two lines.

He's got Brett Hull. But Bergeron would be embarrassed by Mikita. Neal is just a stronger more physical sharp.

And his 3rd and 4th lines just don't come close. Looks at Gionta and and Gomez stats. Just not high point producing guys for a 3rd line.

Backstrom and wheeler on my 4th line are better.

Defense is a dead even edge.

Hall is the best goalie. But his numbers that we can see don't do much to Holtby. And both my goalies are better than Luongo.

My offensive depth is far too strong in this. Gretzky would have to be all world. And he's facing a top 5 all time player in Beliveau.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the offenses are close, defense is close. Biggest edge I see is goaltender. Two great teams

Ritz

Sorry but offense isn't close.

Goaltender is closer.

I'd look far too know it all if I actually posted the offensive stats though.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Ritz defense being better vs Hockey's offense being better(despite gretzky)...

I think i am going ritz, with his 2 goalies and all...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but offense isn't close.

Goaltender is closer.

I'd look far too know it all if I actually posted the offensive stats though.

I disagree about Luongo... at least the stats do... I had Luongo as the 3rd best current goalie... Where neither of yours were top 5...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree about Luongo... at least the stats do... I had Luongo as the 3rd best current goalie...

That's the thing. The stats don't.

And also you had his D as better.

Eddie Shore has more MVPs than anyone not named Gretzky and Orr.

Ritz has a great team but if you look up anything hockey related this one just isn't that close.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing. The stats don't.

And also you had his D as better.

Eddie Shore has more MVPs than anyone not named Gretzky and Orr.

Ritz has a great team but if you look up anything hockey related this one just isn't that close.

sure shore is great... but he is one player... and one line... And lidstrom is also considered one of the greatest so that is really a wash... it is the rest i liked from ritz more... despite his weak 2nd player on line 2...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure shore is great... but he is one player... and one line... And lidstrom is also considered one of the greatest so that is really a wash... it is the rest i liked from ritz more... despite his weak 2nd player on line 2...

Red Kelly? Lol. Please stop.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and luongo was top 5 in vezina 4 times, top 10 7 times... Had better best seasons in all advanced stats...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One cool thing about this matchup would be Bobby and Brett on the ice together.

The defenses are close, I think Victor Hedman is a little underrated and obviuosly Karlsson is golden.

The Goaltending does favor Ritz but it's not a slam dunk I actually like Pekke Rinne more than Holtby but both are good tenders.

Its the forwards where this game is decided, I said before I was a huge fan of Pavel Bure but after the Wildcard picks what we have left is pretty clearly in favor of Hockey, Jamie Benn is better than all four of Ritzy's left wings and he's 3rd line for Hockey. Center ice is what wins this for Hockey IMO, he is much deeper at the center position. I gotta say I really did like the Chris Neil pick for Ritz though.

Love the Great one but Hockey is just too strong offensively...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ritz.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with Hockey about the goalies. You have to look at their whole careers, which with Holtby being so young, you have to automatically give the edge to Luongo. I do agree with Hockey in the sense that his team is deeper and his defense is better.

I vote Hockey.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with Hockey about the goalies. You have to look at their whole careers, which with Holtby being so young, you have to automatically give the edge to Luongo. I do agree with Hockey in the sense that his team is deeper and his defense is better.

I vote Hockey.

Yeah I get but Holtby #s in 4-5 years without even being in his prime are hard to ignore. But Hall is clearly the better option anyways.

I was ok with a defensive draw. Milk lost me saying Shore is just one guy though. Yikes.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One cool thing about this matchup would be Bobby and Brett on the ice together.

The defenses are close, I think Victor Hedman is a little underrated and obviuosly Karlsson is golden.

The Goaltending does favor Ritz but it's not a slam dunk I actually like Pekke Rinne more than Holtby but both are good tenders.

Its the forwards where this game is decided, I said before I was a huge fan of Pavel Bure but after the Wildcard picks what we have left is pretty clearly in favor of Hockey, Jamie Benn is better than all four of Ritzy's left wings and he's 3rd line for Hockey. Center ice is what wins this for Hockey IMO, he is much deeper at the center position. I gotta say I really did like the Chris Neil pick for Ritz though.

Love the Great one but Hockey is just too strong offensively...

Are you shitting me that goaltending is NOT a slam dunk. I'm a caps fan and Holtby and the caps fall apart in the playoffs so what would he do against the all star rosters we all put together. Holtby is having a great season but 1 great season doesn't come close to what Hall has done when he played or even what Luongo has done in his career. Can't argue about rest of your post because you are way way more knowledgeable then I am in every sport especially hockey but Holtby couldn't hold Hulls jock strap.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I get but Holtby #s in 4-5 years without even being in his prime are hard to ignore. But Hall is clearly the better option anyways.

I was ok with a defensive draw. Milk lost me saying Shore is just one guy though. Yikes.

I'm a Caps fan, but I try to look at it objectively. I do think he gets a huge bump after this season, especially if he wins the Vezina. But until then...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats not what i meant... you brought up shore saying you win defense because of him... He is one guy... and he is on the line directly facing lidstrom... that at best is a draw... then you have red kelly, who is the 2nd best... but i thought Ritz had better current defenders than you did...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holtby number in playoffs are hard to ignore and in fact his game 7 numbers make me throw up as a caps fan. Great goalie but can't win on the big stage "yet". Hopefully this is the year.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not what i meant... you brought up shore saying you win defense because of him... He is one guy... and he is on the line directly facing lidstrom... that at best is a draw... then you have red kelly, who is the 2nd best... but i thought Ritz had better current defenders than you did...

Nope I said we had a draw.

Shore is a top 10 all time and Kelly is the second best. So that right there is tough. Hedman and Barrie both shit on Dan Boyle lol.