• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL Current +5 Draft Championship : Greg vs Tommy

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg
1st Line
C - Jean Beliveau (WC) : LW - Bobby Hull (WC) : RW - Patrick Kane

2nd Line
C - Tyler Seguin : LW - Jamie Benn : RW - Jason Pominville

3rd Line
C - Stan Mikita (WC) : LW - James Neal : RW - Bobby Ryan

4th Line
C - Nicklas Backstrom : LW - Jussi Jokinen : RW - Blake Wheeler

1st Line D
Eddie Shore (WC) : Victor Hedman

2nd Line D
Tyson Barrie : Red Kelly (WC)

3rd Line D
Kris Letang : Nick Leddy

Goalies
Pekka Rinne : Braden Holtby

VERSUS

Tommy
1st Line
C - Bryan Trottier (WC) : LW - Max Pacioretty : RW - Guy LaFleur (WC)

2nd Line
C - Evgeni Malkin : LW - Taylor Hall : RW - Jarome Iginla

3rd Line
C - Marcel Dionne (WC) : LW - Artemi Panarin : RW - Kyle Okposo

4th Line
C - Brad Richards : LW - Ondrej Palet : RW - Bryan Little

1st Line D
Al MacInnis (WC) : Oliver Ekman-Larsson

2nd Line D
John Klingberg : Mark Giordano

3rd Line D
Brent Burns : John Carlson

Goalies
Dominik Hasek (WC) : Cory Schneider

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg - 3
Tommy - 5

Voted - Mebert, Hockey, Nos, Milk, Smitty, UK, Johnny, Ritzy

Last edited:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my vote is to myself.

I really think my depth is what is the best here again. My 3 forward WCs are all (slightly) better Than their counter parts.

And my top two D are dynamite. I love Tommy middle two D guys(I wanted both). But I think Leddy and Letang are a better 3rd D pair and it's really trivial but Burns/Carlson are both righties which makes it really hard to break out seamlessly especially against a good forcheck.

I think my offense advantage is enough to get by Hasek.

But I ain't bitchin on this one. Nos and 500 were the two teams I found stellar. So the guys who had me losing to Ritz probably should have me losing here.

But let's hear it lol.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Nos trying to hide the team owners name here. Strange that he did not have this courtesy in any other rounds........

I have offense as a wash, Hockey with the D and Goalie to Nos. in all matchups when it is very close I back the Goalie, and the 2nd best goalie ever gets it done.

I have Nos....i mean Tommy

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my vote is to myself.

I really think my depth is what is the best here again. My 3 forward WCs are all (slightly) better Than their counter parts.

And my top two D are dynamite. I love Tommy middle two D guys(I wanted both). But I think Leddy and Letang are a better 3rd D pair and it's really trivial but Burns/Carlson are both righties which makes it really hard to break out seamlessly especially against a good forcheck.

I think my offense advantage is enough to get by Hasek.

But I ain't bitchin on this one. Nos and 500 were the two teams I found stellar. So the guys who had me losing to Ritz probably should have me losing here.

But let's hear it lol.

I disagree your 3 forward WC picks are better than my 3 but thats just my opinion.

I am a big Eddie Shore fan, 4 Hart trophies shows the guy was great but again for me it's really hard to judge guys from the 20's and 30's against players from the last 30 - 40 years. Again my opinion.

I personally thought 500 might have had a better offense than both of us.

Having two right handed shots on D matters almost never unless you think they are both going to be seperated from any other players and both be leading a break. It's usually one or the other not both.

My goalie has a clear advantage everything else is so close I don't blame anyone for voting against me but I gotta lean me.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Nos trying to hide the team owners name here. Strange that he did not have this courtesy in any other rounds........

I have offense as a wash, Hockey with the D and Goalie to Nos. in all matchups when it is very close I back the Goalie, and the 2nd best goalie ever gets it done.

It's a joke, I didn't think you'd all forget whos team was whos...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a joke, I didn't think you'd all forget whos team was whos...

I am changing my name to mr. allsports, I think it is really going to help me in these drafts

and I know it was a joke, I was just busting balls

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't like nos' defense, thought it was one of the weaker ones in this draft... but his offense is stellar... but have to give the win to nos... i think he did better with his active players... his second line has all current, but it plays like a line with a wc....

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree your 3 forward WC picks are better than my 3 but thats just my opinion.

I am a big Eddie Shore fan, 4 Hart trophies shows the guy was great but again for me it's really hard to judge guys from the 20's and 30's against players from the last 30 - 40 years. Again my opinion.

I personally thought 500 might have had a better offense than both of us.

Having two right handed shots on D matters almost never unless you think they are both going to be seperated from any other players and both be leading a break. It's usually one or the other not both.

My goalie has a clear advantage everything else is so close I don't blame anyone for voting against me but I gotta lean me.

The 3 WCs really are just close but I think the general consensus from watching those days have all my WCs(sans kelly) as top 15 all timers.

The two righty thing is actually bigger than you think. When going D to D behind the net someone is on their off hand and cant get it up the boards as fluid. Ryan Suter and Yeo went to blows over this actually.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't like nos' defense, thought it was one of the weaker ones in this draft... but his offense is stellar... but have to give the win to nos... i think he did better with his active players... his second line has all current, but it plays like a line with a wc....

Well yeah, his second line is where he has the edge.

But its the other 3 lines where Im a little better.

And his D isnt weak. Just current lol.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, before you joined us, there was a lot of effort put into keeping identities hidden. Not who we are, but who's team was whos.

All cuz Josh would never vote for me.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, before you joined us, there was a lot of effort put into keeping identities hidden. Not who we are, but who's team was whos.

All cuz Josh would never vote for me.

Fucking Josh......:tsk:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Tommy here.

And Id really like to know Gregs Top Ten-15 Alltime player list. Seen a lot of different names tossed out, got my curiosity up.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 WCs really are just close but I think the general consensus from watching those days have all my WCs(sans kelly) as top 15 all timers.

The two righty thing is actually bigger than you think. When going D to D behind the net someone is on their off hand and cant get it up the boards as fluid. Ryan Suter and Yeo went to blows over this actually.

Thankfully pros are good enough to use both sides of the blade and how often does a defender cleanly handle the puck in a scrum? If the other team is changing lines or clearing it's not to difficult to just skate out from behind the net and make the pass it's what typically happens or the other play skates past the defender and takes the puck with him. I understand what your saying I just don't think it's such a big deal that it needs mentioning.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully pros are good enough to use both sides of the blade and how often does a defender cleanly handle the puck in a scrum? If the other team is changing lines or clearing it's not to difficult to just skate out from behind the net and make the pass it's what typically happens or the other play skates past the defender and takes the puck with him. I understand what your saying I just don't think it's such a big deal that it needs mentioning.

I was more just saying I think thats what helps Leddy and Letang complement more.

But this type of scenario did blow up pretty good in the news around minny when Yeo lost the team. Its not as bad as having Granlund on your PP as the 1 timer guy on his off hand :L:L:L lol.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Tommy here.

And Id really like to know Gregs Top Ten-15 Alltime player list. Seen a lot of different names tossed out, got my curiosity up.

Like how I personally rank them?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more just saying I think thats what helps Leddy and Letang complement more.

But this type of scenario did blow up pretty good in the news around minny when Yeo lost the team. Its not as bad as having Granlund on your PP as the 1 timer guy on his off hand :L:L:L lol.

Whats most funny about that is it was obvious to EVERYONE but Yeo!