• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL's newest Power Rankings

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always interesting and always creates tons of debate.

RANK

GB.png
PACKERS

Sticking with my spring Super Bowl pick. Before you jump all over me with soliloquies about Jimmy Graham and 20,000-word manifestos defending the Patriots, please bear in mind that I have predicted each of the last two Super Bowl combatants and outcomes. And in case you haven't noticed, the Packers have brought all their key players back and are dealing with nary a significant injury.

RANK

SEA.png
SEAHAWKS

I still love the Seahawks, but having Kam Chancellor in camp would make matters a wee bit more comfortable. I wasn't a fan of the Jimmy Graham trade, but it will be interesting to see if he can block. Caught up with former Seahawk Michael Robinson the other day, and he swore up and down that the true MVP in Seattle last year was offensive line coach Tom Cable. Let's hope he can get Graham, the new center and a still-average offensive line to do their jobs up front. Love Cable.

RANK

IND.png
COLTS

The Colts are getting more powerful without even doing anything. Now that it looks like the best offensive player in the AFC South this side of Andrew Luck -- Texans running back Arian Foster -- will be out for a lengthy duration, why can't Indy secure the top overall seed in the AFC? Playing a total of six games against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans and currently-Foster-free Texans, the Colts will probably go 6-0 or 5-1 in their division. As for the matchups with the other South -- Indy's NFC foes in 2015 -- the Colts should go at least 3-1.

RANK

NE.png
PATRIOTS

You never want to start the defending Super Bowl champs this low. Well, unless that team will be without its best player ( Tom Brady) for the first four games; has lost arguably the best defensive back in all of football ( Darrelle Revis), a long-time leader in the middle of the defense ( Vince Wilfork) and a clutch running back who caught 11 balls in the biggest game of the year ( Shane Vereen); and just went through a whole offseason debacle that called into question the virtue of the entire organization. Other than that, everything is cool.

RANK

DAL.png
COWBOYS

Everyone is so worried about the running back position on this team. What about the defense? Sure, new addition Greg Hardy and rookie Randy Gregory could make this group much better, but they're not without red flags. Still, with Tony Romo at quarterback, that offensive line and the best wide receiver in the NFC ( Dez Bryant), Dallas is legit. # Megatronblasphemy

You can see the rest here: NFL Power Rankings: Packers, Seahawks rule to start preseason - NFL.com

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you not be a fan of trading an aging oft injured center for Jimmy Graham???

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you not be a fan of trading an aging oft injured center for Jimmy Graham???

No kidding. According to many analysts Jimmy was one of the top TE's in the league until he became a Seahawk.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always interesting and always creates tons of debate.

RANK

View attachment 18970
PACKERS

Sticking with my spring Super Bowl pick. Before you jump all over me with soliloquies about Jimmy Graham and 20,000-word manifestos defending the Patriots, please bear in mind that I have predicted each of the last two Super Bowl combatants and outcomes. And in case you haven't noticed, the Packers have brought all their key players back and are dealing with nary a significant injury.

RANK

View attachment 18971
SEAHAWKS

I still love the Seahawks, but having Kam Chancellor in camp would make matters a wee bit more comfortable. I wasn't a fan of the Jimmy Graham trade, but it will be interesting to see if he can block. Caught up with former Seahawk Michael Robinson the other day, and he swore up and down that the true MVP in Seattle last year was offensive line coach Tom Cable. Let's hope he can get Graham, the new center and a still-average offensive line to do their jobs up front. Love Cable.

RANK

View attachment 18972
COLTS

The Colts are getting more powerful without even doing anything. Now that it looks like the best offensive player in the AFC South this side of Andrew Luck -- Texans running back Arian Foster -- will be out for a lengthy duration, why can't Indy secure the top overall seed in the AFC? Playing a total of six games against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans and currently-Foster-free Texans, the Colts will probably go 6-0 or 5-1 in their division. As for the matchups with the other South -- Indy's NFC foes in 2015 -- the Colts should go at least 3-1.

RANK

View attachment 18973
PATRIOTS

You never want to start the defending Super Bowl champs this low. Well, unless that team will be without its best player ( Tom Brady) for the first four games; has lost arguably the best defensive back in all of football ( Darrelle Revis), a long-time leader in the middle of the defense ( Vince Wilfork) and a clutch running back who caught 11 balls in the biggest game of the year ( Shane Vereen); and just went through a whole offseason debacle that called into question the virtue of the entire organization. Other than that, everything is cool.

RANK

View attachment 18974
COWBOYS

Everyone is so worried about the running back position on this team. What about the defense? Sure, new addition Greg Hardy and rookie Randy Gregory could make this group much better, but they're not without red flags. Still, with Tony Romo at quarterback, that offensive line and the best wide receiver in the NFC ( Dez Bryant), Dallas is legit. # Megatronblasphemy

You can see the rest here: NFL Power Rankings: Packers, Seahawks rule to start preseason - NFL.com

Just for the record, I picked the last 2 Superbowl winners also.
Actually, I think everybody on here (but Tgann) picked the last 2 Superbowl winners. Just sayin.....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL has been really predictable the past couple of years but there isnt really a reason to suggest that the trend is sustainable. Sometimes the favorites are built like tanks and sometimes they are built like swiss cheese.

Ravens that low is hilariously bad. Lions that high seems suspect. Patriots that high without Brady seems a little suspect.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record, I picked the last 2 Superbowl winners also.
Actually, I think everybody on here (but Tgann) picked the last 2 Superbowl winners. Just sayin.....
Not me
I went Jacksonville then Tennessee.
Using the same logic I am going with New England this year

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding. According to many analysts Jimmy was one of the top TE's in the league until he became a Seahawk.

Im ok with him thinking GB is going to win it. Even though ARodge is the lob's bitch..... They were in the nfccg last year..... power rankings are like butts everyone has them... and they usually always stink. But to say you didn't like that trade is crazy town.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens that low is hilariously bad. Lions that high seems suspect. Patriots that high without Brady seems a little suspect.

I understand why the over-rated Ravens are rated 13th.
I don't understand why the Patriots are not ranked 3rd - in front of Indy.....

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why the over-rated Ravens are rated 13th.
I don't understand why the Patriots are not ranked 3rd - in front of Indy.....

Probably because of all the losses of players the Pats have (Revis, Browner, probably Brady) and the Colts have added Johnson and Gore. Indy looks tougher to me too right now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats without Brady should be like 15th

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute, am I reading that right, they have Denver over Baltimore?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because of all the losses of players the Pats have (Revis, Browner, probably Brady) and the Colts have added Johnson and Gore. Indy looks tougher to me too right now.

So you think that week 6 meeting between Pats and Colts the Colts will do better?

"New England earned its sixth-straight win over its AFC adversary Sunday night in Foxborough, rolling to a comprehensive 45-7 win and booking a spot in the Super Bowl against the Seattle Seahawks."

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colts are too soft on D still. Ravens, Steelers, Bungles, Pats, maybe even the dolphins (my sleeper team this year) would beat them head to head in the playoffs.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add an "S" to oft and you get Graham....

Whats your point? I don't care how soft he is, or you perceive him to be. He balls out and is almost unarguable. Lucky for him, he wont have to face the LOB anymore. There are alot of soft WRs/TEs, Not everyone has to be Marshawn Lynch and run through people.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to say you didn't like that trade is crazy town.
I like the trade because the offense has been Wilson and Lynch but Lynch needs to get phased out as he gets older. It was supposed to be Wilson and Harvin for your future but Wilson and Graham should work just fine. Short term the Rams might give the Seahawks some issues but the Seahawks probably aren't in a position where they need to worry about a single aspect from a single divisional opponent.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think that week 6 meeting between Pats and Colts the Colts will do better?

"New England earned its sixth-straight win over its AFC adversary Sunday night in Foxborough, rolling to a comprehensive 45-7 win and booking a spot in the Super Bowl against the Seattle Seahawks."

I don't have a crystal ball for week 6. But I know that the Pats probably aren't going to beat the Colts forever. It reminds me of a poster named Superbowls or Stupor (an annoying San Fran fan from the old espn boards) who kept telling us Hawk fans the Niners record against the Hawks all the time. That stopped in 2012 when we got Wilson and started winning against them again.

Things change and I think the Colts will be a tough team to beat this year. Luck will be better and he's already pretty good.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the trade because the offense has been Wilson and Lynch but Lynch needs to get phased out as he gets older. It was supposed to be Wilson and Harvin for your future but Wilson and Graham should work just fine. Short term the Rams might give the Seahawks some issues but the Seahawks probably aren't in a position where they need to worry about a single aspect from a single divisional opponent.

Rams scare me more then the cardinals do. All the rams need is average qb play. their front 7 is frightening. They are very much modeled like Seattle and SF before them, dominate defense, offense doesn't screw it up by pounding the rock.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a crystal ball for week 6. But I know that the Pats probably aren't going to beat the Colts forever. It reminds me of a poster named Superbowls or Stupor (an annoying San Fran fan from the old espn boards) who kept telling us Hawk fans the Niners record against the Hawks all the time. That stopped in 2012 when we got Wilson and started winning against them again.

Things change and I think the Colts will be a tough team to beat this year. Luck will be better and he's already pretty good.
No knock on the Colts Offense or Luck. They are still soft on defense and cannot take that defense through the playoffs. They will win some games and push hopes up.....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the lazy people who don't want to click links- here is 6-32.

6. Cards
7. Broncos
8. Chiefs
9. Steelers
10. Bengals
11. Lions
12. Eagles
13. Ravens
14. Chargers
15. Panthers
16. Dolphins
17. Vikings