• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nfl Week 3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a wild and exciting day of games

Dolphins put 70 on the Broncos, Tua continues his excellent play and the Dolphins offense is outstanding, while the Broncos defense looks like the worst in the NFL.

Chiefs blow out the Bears, Bears look horrid as well - next week‘s Broncos/Bears game is the toilet bowl.

Cowboys show why I’m always hesitant to trust them by losing to a weak Cards team, there’s just something about Dallas that I can never fully trust.

Colts and Texans get upset wins.

My Falcons look like shit on offense and lose against the Lions. They are frustrating to pull for. On the plus side, the only team I dislike, the Saints, blew a 17 point lead at Lambeau and lost to the Packers.
Crazy day indeed. Just when you think you know sports they teach you that you don’t.

Miami in particular was insane

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy day indeed. Just when you think you know sports they teach you that you don’t.

Miami in particular was insane

I was shocked by the Dallas upset, but it does happen from time to time.

However, 70 points doesn't just happen. What the actual fuck went on there? If anyone has a link to Payton's press conference, I'd like to see it. I don't know how you can throw anyone under the bus but yourself as the head coach with that. Jesus Christ... 50 point loss, but giving up 70 points? What the actual fuck?

Payton has been throwing his players under the bus all offseason and actually the last couple regular season games. Seems like the players are like, "Dude FUCK this guy." at this point. It's Wilson 2.0 (last year) but far worse since it's the head coach. He immediately started blasting Hackett, then blasted Wilson, then started blasting the defense with "you might not have a job" comments. Wow...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However, 70 points doesn't just happen. What the actual fuck went on there? If anyone has a link to Payton's press conference, I'd like to see it. I don't know how you can throw anyone under the bus but yourself as the head coach with that. Jesus Christ... 50 point loss, but giving up 70 points? What the actual fuck?

Payton has been throwing his players under the bus all offseason and actually the last couple regular season games. Seems like the players are like, "Dude FUCK this guy." at this point. It's Wilson 2.0 (last year) but far worse since it's the head coach. He immediately started blasting Hackett, then blasted Wilson, then started blasting the defense with "you might not have a job" comments. Wow...

Start here

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn’t shocked Dallas lost and wasn’t too surprised once the OL injuries came out. But I was indeed shocked that they got beat up so badly all game long and completely dominated though. The game wasn’t nearly as close as the score. Their offense and defense both looked really bad.

I just have no words for Miami. With Waddle they might have scored 100!!!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start here

"This season is full of those moments" (Payton, Sean). Followed by it's difficult talking to those guys and "There'll be more." What the absolute fuck?

Yah, you should look at the tape Payton. Maybe look at the tape and resign from your coaching job since you just put up the worst performance in NFL history. Least Manning can rest in peace that the Broncos SBOWL loss wasn't the worst thing now in franchise history.

Thanks for the link Moab. Ridiculous.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This season is full of those moments" (Payton, Sean). Followed by it's difficult talking to those guys and "There'll be more." What the absolute fuck?

Yah, you should look at the tape Payton. Maybe look at the tape and resign from your coaching job since you just put up the worst performance in NFL history. Least Manning can rest in peace that the Broncos SBOWL loss wasn't the worst thing now in franchise history.

Thanks for the link Moab. Ridiculous.

there were more on youtube...I was just trying to grab one quick and still watch the game...I didn't watch a second of that

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure we've all watched a lot of football, but is this Dolphins team the fastest that has ever been fielded?

Not only fast, but quick and agile.

Tyreek Hill may well be the fastest man in the NFL. His counterpart in Waddle is no slow poke, and Achane and Mostert are likely the fastest RB duo in the entire league.

They are fast. Really really fast.
The 2019 Chiefs had Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman, Sammy Watkins, and Damien Williams on the same team. Kelce relative to other TE's back then could scoot too. Maybe not the best set of weapons of all time, but they were damn fast if nothing else.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there were more on youtube...I was just trying to grab one quick and still watch the game...I didn't watch a second of that

726fc91ca7750eea6c86092e6a7a2f83.gif

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I've thought about it for a bit, I think the Broncos should be forced to play in their original uniforms for at least 1 game this season. Those awful brown and white striped things...just awful things

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then the Colts will go back to doormats. The only reason the Eagles got to the Super Bowl was because of the man. Ric Flair wishes he was Minshew.
Mmmk
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news, we get 2 Monday night games tomorrow...so there's that

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFCE is firing up to be the most explosive div in NFL.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver sports radio is interesting tonight...too bad I haven't heard any call ins yet..

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Deshaun gets deserved hate but dude balled out today and all you read about is his one really bad play.

Browns won 27 to 3 for chrissakes.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also...as much I hate to see it happen to a group of fans the Joe Woods experience finally showed itself in New Orleans. This is what this dude does.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Deshaun gets deserved hate but dude balled out today and all you read about is his one really bad play.

Browns won 27 to 3 for chrissakes.
Agreed. I think Watson played his best game as a Brown. Don't know what the future holds but they have the defense and the emotion from Chubb's injury is bringing an intangible to the locker room, imo. A long way to go in the season but they have a real shot at winning the division.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I think Watson played his best game as a Brown. Don't know what the future holds but they have the defense and the emotion from Chubb's injury is bringing an intangible to the locker room, imo. A long way to go in the season but they have a real shot at winning the division.
I've been pretty tough on how Watson has played since he came to the Browns. I only saw bits and pieces of the game but from what I saw and from looking at his stats he was great yesterday. Maybe he still has it in him afterall

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts from the weekend:

Detroit D set the tone for the win over Atlanta. D had 7 sacks on the day and Atlanta only scored 2 FGs

In Indy’s win, Ravens got screwed when DPI should’ve given them a new set of downs in OT, instead, it was a turnover on downs that allowed Indy to kick the game winner.

In the ravens loss, Justin Tucker missed a 61 yard FG that would’ve won it. He’s so damn good that that is surprising.

Bills picked off Howell 4 times and sacked him 9 times in their win over the Commies. Howell was holding the ball too long, but pass protection has been an issue for the Commies all season. DC’s lone points consisted of a sad 4th quarter FG.

70 points by Miami? What is this, Madden!?! And no D in Denver at all. Shouldn’t Vance Joseph be fired by now?

Vikings, now 0-3, one-upped the Charger’s stupidity. With 2 minutes left and a 4-point lead, Staley made the idiot move to go for it on 4th and 1 at his own 24. It failed. Then the Vikings bailed him out with an tipped-ball INT in the EZ in the closing seconds. Wow. Vikings have the worst turnover ratio in the NFL

Costly win for the chargers, though. They lost WR M.Williams and S D.James to injuries. Williams might be out for the season.

In beating one of the best teams in the NFC, Arizona is tanking wrong. Really, they’ve had 4th quarter leads in both of their losses this season. They could easily be 3-0 right now. Surprising players and some good coaching out there.

In the loss, despite being down several starting Olinemen, Dallas had 400yds of offense, including 185yds on the ground, and were 9 of 16 on 3rd down. But they bogged down in the redzone, scoring a TD only once in 5 trips.

Aside from Dak’s game-clinching EZ INT, Dallas gave up 200+yds on the ground. Unbelievable. Cowboys also had 13 penalties for 107yds. Very Believable.

Bad Jimmy showed up against the Steelers. 3 picks on the night. Then again, he was evaluated for a concussion after the game…

Deshaun balled out on offense. The Browns D shut down Henry and held Tannehill to 100yds passing. The Titans couldn’t move the ball.

Texans huge upset over the Jags. Lawrence looks very different this season and not in a good way.

Ryans is doing some good things down there in Houston. Stroud has looked surprisingly good so far.

Somehow, Seattle let Dalton-led Carolina Panthers hang around for 3 quarters before salting the game away.

On a related note, Jamal Adams is gonna play next week. Wonder how long that’ll last.

Sure, they were playing KC, but man the bears are really bad. Will they even win a game? Well, they DO play the no-D in Denver next week.

After the Saints lost Carr, they couldn’t score against GB. Love led the undermanned Pack to 18 unanswered points in the 4th quarter for a 1-point lead. Then the Saints missed the game-winning 46yd FG. Smh.

If the Jets had half-competent QB play, they would’ve beaten the Pats. I can’t believe the Jets are sticking with Wilson. Is Saleh going to go down with the ship?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts from the weekend:

Detroit D set the tone for the win over Atlanta. D had 7 sacks on the day and Atlanta only scored 2 FGs

In Indy’s win, Ravens got screwed when DPI should’ve given them a new set of downs in OT, instead, it was a turnover on downs that allowed Indy to kick the game winner.

In the ravens loss, Justin Tucker missed a 61 yard FG that would’ve won it. He’s so damn good that that is surprising.

Bills picked off Howell 4 times and sacked him 9 times in their win over the Commies. Howell was holding the ball too long, but pass protection has been an issue for the Commies all season. DC’s lone points consisted of a sad 4th quarter FG.

70 points by Miami? What is this, Madden!?! And no D in Denver at all. Shouldn’t Vance Joseph be fired by now?

Vikings, now 0-3, one-upped the Charger’s stupidity. With 2 minutes left and a 4-point lead, Staley made the idiot move to go for it on 4th and 1 at his own 24. It failed. Then the Vikings bailed him out with an tipped-ball INT in the EZ in the closing seconds. Wow. Vikings have the worst turnover ratio in the NFL

Costly win for the chargers, though. They lost WR M.Williams and S D.James to injuries. Williams might be out for the season.

In beating one of the best teams in the NFC, Arizona is tanking wrong. Really, they’ve had 4th quarter leads in both of their losses this season. They could easily be 3-0 right now. Surprising players and some good coaching out there.

In the loss, despite being down several starting Olinemen, Dallas had 400yds of offense, including 185yds on the ground, and were 9 of 16 on 3rd down. But they bogged down in the redzone, scoring a TD only once in 5 trips.

Aside from Dak’s game-clinching EZ INT, Dallas gave up 200+yds on the ground. Unbelievable. Cowboys also had 13 penalties for 107yds. Very Believable.

Bad Jimmy showed up against the Steelers. 3 picks on the night. Then again, he was evaluated for a concussion after the game…

Deshaun balled out on offense. The Browns D shut down Henry and held Tannehill to 100yds passing. The Titans couldn’t move the ball.

Texans huge upset over the Jags. Lawrence looks very different this season and not in a good way.

Ryans is doing some good things down there in Houston. Stroud has looked surprisingly good so far.

Somehow, Seattle let Dalton-led Carolina Panthers hang around for 3 quarters before salting the game away.

On a related note, Jamal Adams is gonna play next week. Wonder how long that’ll last.

Sure, they were playing KC, but man the bears are really bad. Will they even win a game? Well, they DO play the no-D in Denver next week.

After the Saints lost Carr, they couldn’t score against GB. Love led the undermanned Pack to 18 unanswered points in the 4th quarter for a 1-point lead. Then the Saints missed the game-winning 46yd FG. Smh.

If the Jets had half-competent QB play, they would’ve beaten the Pats. I can’t believe the Jets are sticking with Wilson. Is Saleh going to go down with the ship?

nice recap

just touching on your last point I don't know that you can effectively evaluate Saleh with the leagues worst starter.