• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL upholds Brady's 4 game suspension

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but without a glass full of Brady juice in my mouth I just can't get myself to believe such a silly fantasy. So it's everyone in the World that's wrong? Is that what we are thinking here??? League is out to get one of their marquee players and make him look bad and bring the shadow of a scandal upon itself from a SB winner? Really think that's the case?

Well now that you put it that way the Brady love children might be on to something.

What the hell am I saying? No Goodell would not want to bring shame on the NFL if he didn't have too, and if he did want to it wouldn't be the best team during his tenure.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady should have received the Pete Rose treatment.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Jarntt,

I gotta take the dogs out and hit the hay. I'm not into conspiracy theories (usually) and the NFL may handled this just stupid bad, but I can't believe there was never a NFL agenda that included some kind of entrapment using a real small infraction ... or at least a lot smaller than the uproar created in the middle of the playoffs

Here's the originator of Deflategate today:
Chris Mortensen: NFL Investigating Deflategate Was A Mistake | New England Patriots | NESN.com

I'm afraid this ain't gonna end clean ... The NFL will continue with Brady's boneheaded "phone update" and go for suspension .. Brady won't accept ... judge Berman will favor the league and Brady will sue

I'm not sure we have discussed it before so let me give you the Somewhat quick version of my thoughts on the subject. Yes, I think the Pats deflated balls and I think not only was Brady aware, but he played a role in it. I don't think letting the air out of balls is a big deal and I don't think Brady did either. I think the Pats and/or Brady should be punished, but I think the punishment was way too severe. 4 games and an early draft pick is just ridiculous for something that I honestly don't think helps very much. I think a fine would have been a just punishment and because they were repeat offenders, a large fine. Maybe a 4th or 5th rounder just because the infraction was "cheating" and that's a dirty word In Sports even though it happens every play..

I Think Brady got caught up in his story because such a big deal was made of it from the get go and instead of just admitting and apologizing early on and saying he didn't even realize it was a big deal he ended up in a position where he now loses all credibility if he admits to knowing and thus he will fight it to the end and deny everything regardless of what if anything is proven. Problem is that the more he and the Pats fight it, the bigger the deal they make out of it because they keep it in the spotlight. He had a chance to let it go alittle if he just accepted the suspension. He could have even come out and said it was bullshit and I'm only not appealing because I want to put this distraction behind my team as we try to repeat as SB Champs, but his pride just wouldn't allow him to. Kraft did and now he is trying to say I only did it because I thought it would make it better for Brady, but any Federal judge is absolutely going to use that (and the fact the Pats got rid of those two numb nuts) against Brady in any legal hearing.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks j ... I know we're all tired of listening and talking about this especially now when another season has begun ... and your view is very valid, but is based on the premise that Brady told the ball boy to go in the bathroom and deflate the balls after the official's check at worse ... or at least, the boy told Brady prior to or just after the act of deflating the balls in the bathroom

We can somewhat agree that the bathroom visit was the only opportunity for the ball boy to do this, therefore if guilty of illegally deflating the balls, Brady had to be in on the plan for the ball boy to go in that bathroom at that time.

Now I DO believe Brady bitchin about the refs blowing up the balls above his preferred 12.5 psi (Wells reported a witnessed 16 psi) and riding the "Dorito dinks" asses about it. I also believe that Brady told these clowns he didn't care how they did it, but get the effin balls to the legal psi of 12.5 psi ... "I mean how simple can it be?" (quotes mine)

I think Brady thought they/he had every right to play with balls at 12.5 despite the refs re-inflating to way above that, and I can see Brady's obsessed ego demanding 12.5 psi ... but not .5 psi or more below (and this is where I may be completely wrong)

So when asked whether he was in on deflating the balls illegally, he said "no" (then the goofball added that "I don't THINK I cheated," giving fodder to the SNL crowd). But instead of penalizing the infraction Goodell decided to order an investigation (based on the psi discrepancy being much smaller than what the NFL reported to ESPN) .

That had to be a double slap in the face to Brady ... cheatin then publicly lying about it ... and therefore his stubbon fight against the whole deal including his "f**k you and the phone" dumbass reaction

Kraft on the other hand, is a businessman, and his method of dealing with issues is to grease the palms like he did with spygate ... that tactic blew up in the world of public opinion then and it blew up now, and I think he's an asshole for not seeing that ... and he didn't appeal

Can I be wrong about Brady ordering the balls to be .25 psi or more below regs? ... Yep
But can you possibly believe in the possibility that the ball boy just took a piss?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure we have discussed it before so let me give you the Somewhat quick version of my thoughts on the subject. Yes, I think the Pats deflated balls and I think not only was Brady aware, but he played a role in it. I don't think letting the air out of balls is a big deal and I don't think Brady did either. I think the Pats and/or Brady should be punished, but I think the punishment was way too severe. 4 games and an early draft pick is just ridiculous for something that I honestly don't think helps very much. I think a fine would have been a just punishment and because they were repeat offenders, a large fine. Maybe a 4th or 5th rounder just because the infraction was "cheating" and that's a dirty word In Sports even though it happens every play..

I Think Brady got caught up in his story because such a big deal was made of it from the get go and instead of just admitting and apologizing early on and saying he didn't even realize it was a big deal he ended up in a position where he now loses all credibility if he admits to knowing and thus he will fight it to the end and deny everything regardless of what if anything is proven. Problem is that the more he and the Pats fight it, the bigger the deal they make out of it because they keep it in the spotlight. He had a chance to let it go alittle if he just accepted the suspension. He could have even come out and said it was bullshit and I'm only not appealing because I want to put this distraction behind my team as we try to repeat as SB Champs, but his pride just wouldn't allow him to. Kraft did and now he is trying to say I only did it because I thought it would make it better for Brady, but any Federal judge is absolutely going to use that (and the fact the Pats got rid of those two numb nuts) against Brady in any legal hearing.
jarntt you're certainley entitled to your opinion. You at least make what can be perceived as valid arguments, unlike others who just hate.

The three comments I have are this:
1. I would never never jeopardize my integrity by saying I did something "IF" I knew I hadn't done anything wrong. Sorry call me old fashioned. Do I know if Brady is guilty? No just like everyone else at this point. I'm just saying if I was innocent I wouldn't admit to doing something I didn't do.
2. If Brady doesn't hold that same value or if he is guilty, hindsight is 20/20. The report initially looked bad 2+ pounds low... It was right before the SB. I'm sure Bardy had reservations about admitting anything (at that point). So yes if he's guilty now he's in too far.
3. As far as Kraft goes. He actually saves money by Brady being suspended for 4 games and no 1sst round pick next year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jarntt you're certainley entitled to your opinion. You at least make what can be perceived as valid arguments, unlike others who just hate.

The three comments I have are this:
1. I would never never jeopardize my integrity by saying I did something "IF" I knew I hadn't done anything wrong. Sorry call me old fashioned. Do I know if Brady is guilty? No just like everyone else at this point. I'm just saying if I was innocent I wouldn't admit to doing something I didn't do.
2. If Brady doesn't hold that same value or if he is guilty, hindsight is 20/20. The report initially looked bad 2+ pounds low... It was right before the SB. I'm sure Bardy had reservations about admitting anything (at that point). So yes if he's guilty now he's in too far.
3. As far as Kraft goes. He actually saves money by Brady being suspended for 4 games and no 1sst round pick next year.

I've never stated my opinion is 100% correct even though I think the idea that Brady had no involvement or that nothing happened with the balls is extremely unlikely...but...IMHO your #3 is the absolute worst argument I've ever heard on the topic.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but without a glass full of Brady juice in my mouth I just can't get myself to believe such a silly fantasy. So it's everyone in the World that's wrong? Is that what we are thinking here??? League is out to get one of their marquee players and make him look bad and bring the shadow of a scandal upon itself from a SB winner? Really think that's the case?

You're right. The league just should have let it go. Should have laughed and said you media guys are really asking about air in balls? Then they could have cleaned up their messy ball situation in their own house during the offseason and the fans wouldn't get jipped out of 4 games of one of the best QBs to ever play the game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. The league just should have let it go. Should have laughed and said you media guys are really asking about air in balls? Then they could have cleaned up their messy ball situation in their own house during the offseason and the fans wouldn't get jipped out of 4 games of one of the best QBs to ever play the game.

I wouldn't have had a problem with that. I still don't think it was much of an advantage anyway. My bigger issue is Brady lying and refusing to cooperate. He brought this on himself. But, even with his acting like an ass I still think 4 games was stupid. Heck, one game would have been too much IMO.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have had a problem with that. I still don't think it was much of an advantage anyway. My bigger issue is Brady lying and refusing to cooperate. He brought this on himself. But, even with his acting like an ass I still think 4 games was stupid. Heck, one game would have been too much IMO.

Cooperating with stupid assholes is bad for your soul.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never stated my opinion is 100% correct even though I think the idea that Brady had no involvement or that nothing happened with the balls is extremely unlikely...but...IMHO your #3 is the absolute worst argument I've ever heard on the topic.
#3 was a joke. Lighten up Francis.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#3 was a joke. Lighten up Francis.
No it wasn't because #1 was almost as weak. The "he wouldn't lie defense"? Seriously??? or was that a joke too...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wasn't because #1 was almost as weak. The "he wouldn't lie defense"? Seriously??? or was that a joke too...
OK I'll try once more with you.
#1 was not a joke. I was talking about "MY" integrity. I said, I like everyone else do not know if Brady lied or not.

As for # 3, I have no idea why Kraft keeps flip flopping. Niether do you. So it was a joke. Get it Billionaires make money bottom line. He saves millions by having Brady sit out. But still meant as a JOKE.