• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL takes 5,4 mil to (dis) honor vets

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently our govt paid 14 NFL teams to (honor) vets and give the military some free publicity

dallas , cleveland , the rams atlanta the ravens are among the teams who faked thankfulness of our vets and took taxpayer money

glad the skins did it for real (so far )

disappointed in our govt and the teams involved

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently our govt paid 14 NFL teams to (honor) vets and give the military some free publicity

dallas , cleveland , the rams atlanta the ravens are among the teams who faked thankfulness of our vets and took taxpayer money

glad the skins did it for real (so far )

disappointed in our govt and the teams involved

Come on Dad, we're both vietnam vets and both well versed in the hollowness that accompanies "Thanks for your service!"

**For those who don't know. .......the above quote translates into, "we're not going to do a damn thing for you, but thanks for your service..... now go away asshole!"

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Dad, we're both vietnam vets and both well versed in the hollowness that accompanies "Thanks for your service!"

**For those who don't know. .......the above quote translates into, "we're not going to do a damn thing for you, but thanks for your service..... now go away asshole!"

Thanks for your service!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty... in a general sense they have gotten a little better. Atleast now they are some what admitting to the fact that Military service can and does in some cases have long term physical and emotional negative effects. And lets be honest, unless you either served or had a close family member serve, most times thank you for your service is a rather hollow sentiment.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not a vietnam vet stymie , i served later .in every conflict since 1986 . the point is 14 teams took money from our govt , 14 billionaires , to supposedly honor vets , but instead did it for money . at least our skins so far have done it for the right reasons

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont dismiss anyone who thanks me for my service . most people, in my experience , are sincere about it . most politicians , except thankfully , the ones who represent me at the state and local level , are full of crap

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty... in a general sense they have gotten a little better. Atleast now they are some what admitting to the fact that Military service can and does in some cases have long term physical and emotional negative effects. And lets be honest, unless you either served or had a close family member serve, most times thank you for your service is a rather hollow sentiment.
At the risk of sounding hollow, I thank all you guys for your service. There is nothing more honorable, IMO.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of sounding hollow, I thank all you guys for your service. There is nothing more honorable, IMO.

J_Y... considering the fact that you kind of known us, it doesnt sound hollow from you. It does however sound hollow coming from some guy running for mayor who is known to be anti gun and anti military. :)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I agree with you that they have gotten a little better albeit in more recent years, far too many have been asked to give when the need arises and remain silent when the cost of that service is at question. It is equally dishonorable when, as Dad stated, these billionaires feign reverence to that same service in part because they are paid to do so.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont dismiss anyone who thanks me for my service . most people, in my experience , are sincere about it . most politicians , except thankfully , the ones who represent me at the state and local level , are full of crap

On a personal level, neither do I. Generally, people who make that declaration mean well in delivering it. My apologies for misunderstanding your time in service. You are right however to point out the absurdity relating to these billionaires accepting pay to honor military service.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not hollow at all j_y, thank you! ......and more important to me, Thank you for your support!

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, we got some actual vets here. Thank you all for your service. I know shark was a vet so thanks to him too.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also a real crime how vets wounded in the line of duty are mistreated and forgotten. They should get the bet medical care and get it immediately.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also a real crime how vets wounded in the line of duty are mistreated and forgotten. They should get the bet medical care and get it immediately.

The biggest part in this is getting them to admit something WAS service connected. And then once they do, the challenge becomes balancing a life, job and other commitments around actual treatment once they do decide it was on them. I know of guys who have chronic illnesses considered Gulf War Syndrome. But to get the VA to accept that requires extensive medical records... then they want you in for treatment at the oddest times. A weekly visit on thursdays at 10:00 AM likely doesnt sit well with the job after about the 3rd or 4th week.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i havent had any real issues with my treatment with the VA here in MI . my claim was processed fast (i got 70%) and my care is timely . i get the best equipment , be it a tens device , sleep apnea machine , parts are free etc , knee braces , meds are free

appointments are reasonably fast . what happened in phoenix should never happen

when i retired we were required to go to DAV and they went through our records . soldiers are more educated by NCO's in documenting injuries and illness

as for gulf war syndrome the US govt is covering up what the issue is , most likely chemical weapons , so they are playing the agent orange card

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest part in this is getting them to admit something WAS service connected. And then once they do, the challenge becomes balancing a life, job and other commitments around actual treatment once they do decide it was on them. I know of guys who have chronic illnesses considered Gulf War Syndrome. But to get the VA to accept that requires extensive medical records... then they want you in for treatment at the oddest times. A weekly visit on thursdays at 10:00 AM likely doesnt sit well with the job after about the 3rd or 4th week.

That is a crime. Stop funding increases in EBT cards and illegal alien benefits and divert it to things that really matter like this. Hell, if you can prove that you're one of the lucky ones to cross the border illegally, you get far more benefits than a combat-wounded vet could ever get.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i havent had any real issues with my treatment with the VA here in MI . my claim was processed fast (i got 70%) and my care is timely . i get the best equipment , be it a tens device , sleep apnea machine , parts are free etc , knee braces , meds are free

appointments are reasonably fast . what happened in phoenix should never happen

when i retired we were required to go to DAV and they went through our records . soldiers are more educated by NCO's in documenting injuries and illness

as for gulf war syndrome the US govt is covering up what the issue is , most likely chemical weapons , so they are playing the agent orange card

I get the feeling what they are really trying to cover up is that it might be linked to some of the preventatives they gave to all of us BEFORE we were deployed for the Gulf War. Estimates are that 30% or more of people suffering from unexplained chronic intestinal problems after the Gulf never actually made it into the " theater of operations". So if bob has the same symptoms as chuck, but bob never got past the battery of shots, its hard to say that it was something both were exposed to over seas when Bob never got off the boat.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling what they are really trying to cover up is that it might be linked to some of the preventatives they gave to all of us BEFORE we were deployed for the Gulf War. Estimates are that 30% or more of people suffering from unexplained chronic intestinal problems after the Gulf never actually made it into the " theater of operations". So if bob has the same symptoms as chuck, but bob never got past the battery of shots, its hard to say that it was something both were exposed to over seas when Bob never got off the boat.

that could be it . a lot of those drugs were experimental