• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL sources speak on Brandon Lloyd in the locker room, on the field

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's more inside the link but I just highlighted a portion of it.

Patriots could be a fit for Brandon Lloyd because of McDaniels - The Boston Globe

The book on Lloyd, according to several league sources at his various stops, is that he can be moody and surly, depending on the day, and a bit selfish. You won’t find many teammates who have good things to say about him.

But others have said that when Lloyd is on the practice field or in games, he is fine and can be managed.

Not everyone agrees.

“I know you’ve heard he was good in the building, but he wasn’t necessarily an angel in the building,’’ said the Broncos source. “He wasn’t a good teammate. During games, he was asking the stat person to see how many catches and yards he had at that point in the game when [Kyle] Orton was starting.

“He has that locker room lawyer-type in him. Publicly he’ll say all the right things, but in the locker room he’ll voice his opinion.

“He’s extremely intelligent. Very articulate, very well-read, but there were times when people in the building thought he may be bipolar - and not joking - because he has days where he’s up and ready to go and happy-go-lucky and he’s like, ‘Hey, what’s up? How’s it going?’

“And then there were other days when he was surly and moody, and you just know it’s not a good day to approach him.

“He’s kind of a different cat, I’ll say that.’’

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's more inside the link but I just highlighted a portion of it.

Patriots could be a fit for Brandon Lloyd because of McDaniels - The Boston Globe

The book on Lloyd, according to several league sources at his various stops, is that he can be moody and surly, depending on the day, and a bit selfish. You won’t find many teammates who have good things to say about him.

But others have said that when Lloyd is on the practice field or in games, he is fine and can be managed.

Not everyone agrees.

“I know you’ve heard he was good in the building, but he wasn’t necessarily an angel in the building,’’ said the Broncos source. “He wasn’t a good teammate. During games, he was asking the stat person to see how many catches and yards he had at that point in the game when [Kyle] Orton was starting.

“He has that locker room lawyer-type in him. Publicly he’ll say all the right things, but in the locker room he’ll voice his opinion.

“He’s extremely intelligent. Very articulate, very well-read, but there were times when people in the building thought he may be bipolar - and not joking - because he has days where he’s up and ready to go and happy-go-lucky and he’s like, ‘Hey, what’s up? How’s it going?’

“And then there were other days when he was surly and moody, and you just know it’s not a good day to approach him.

“He’s kind of a different cat, I’ll say that.’’

As we already have one WR who fits this description, I think adding another would probably not be the wisest move at this time.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol i always said dude was a weirdo!!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we already have one WR who fits this description, I think adding another would probably not be the wisest move at this time.

Brett Swain isn't on the team anymore. Just kidding.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
People have been saying and my thinking was he'd go to the NE Patriots because of the McDaniels connection, but I've been mulling over the idea since reading this article and it made me think Lloyd would have to but all the distractions aside. No rapping and no showing up the other team; things that Belicheck would consider to be an issue. Baalke pursued to trade for him in the offseason, I don't see why he wouldn't try again during FA

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this why lloyd has trouble securing a long-term deal?