• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Scouting Combine notes

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Margus Hunt - 4.65 (1.62), 4.60

At 6'8" 275 pounds this guy is a freak from SMU.

My sentiments exactly! I know he is raw but shesh at his athletic ability plus he put up 225 38 times! If this kid could learn from J. Smith and Tomsula for a couple years he might turn into the best 5 technique in the league.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers LBs coach Jim Leavitt is the coach working out the conversion guys during drills. Solari, Tomsula, and Leavitt have all run drills from the 49ers at the combine. There may have been others that I missed, too.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Arrrrrgh! I don't like Leavitt TELLING the players which direction to go during drills. Makes it easier for them. I like when the player has to visually watch the hand/arm of the coach for the direction. Forces them to process a little more with their eyes. It's a visual therapy thing for me, which I have some background in.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Christine Michae's vertical jump was the best EVER by a RB at the combine.

-------------

Players that did not shine at Sunday's Combine workout | National Football Post

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee: Patterson displayed today some of the same concerns that we had with him during film study. He was choppy in and out of his breaks, and did not display fluidity on his routes. Throughout his workout, he let the ball get into his body and struggled to catch the ball cleanly. Early in the workout he caught the ball extremely well, but as the workout went on he dropped some passes he should easily have caught. As expected, he ran extremely well (unofficial 4.37 40), but he is far from a polished product, despite being so highly regarded in some circles. **More concerning is that we heard that Patterson has been very unimpressive in interviews, which will likely lead to him sliding down draft boards

That is what I was afraid of. He must have a very low IQ. I'm not gonna get my hopes up that he drops to us.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more size, speed, intelligence and talent I see in the combine, the more concerned I get that the Titans will fuck our pick up again this year.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pozz, is there a better source than Rapoport? If there is, I wanna know.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is what I was afraid of. He must have a very low IQ. I'm not gonna get my hopes up that he drops to us.

Since December the more I've read, the scarier he gets to me. Another thing that worries me is an anonymous scout asked one of their coaches about him having trouble with the playbook. The coach put his head down, shook his head, and said, "How much time do you have?"

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks MHS.

This thread is hillarous because of this:

And Murphy wasn't even invited to the combine. Ha!

And I was "high" for thinking Devin Taylor isn't anywhere near as athletic as JJ Watt. :)

Not taking sides here but Murphy not getting an invite to the combine probably had something to do with the fact he didn't leave Stanford. :)
I like Gardner better anyway.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pozz, is there a better source than Rapoport? If there is, I wanna know.

Depends on the type of thing you're talking about. As far as versatility, accuracy, and connections go, there isn't a better person in the business than Jay Glazer in my opinion.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since December the more I've read, the scarier he gets to me. Another thing that worries me is an anonymous scout asked one of their coaches about him having trouble with the playbook. The coach put his head down, shook his head, and said, "How much time do you have?"

Yep, that makes total since. I have been wondering all season long if the reason he didn't know the playbook was intelligence or inexperience. The rumors of him doing poorly in class must be true then.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more size, speed, intelligence and talent I see in the combine, the more concerned I get that the Titans will fuck our pick up again this year.

That would be tough to do because you have so many holes. Surely they get someone that can excel.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jamie Collins may have just broke the all-time record for a broad jump by a LB - 11 feet, 7 inches. I think he still gets another attempt at it, too.

The best LB since 2006 is A.J. Hawk's - 11 feet, 1 inch. The best by ANY position up to that point had been Justin Hunter (this year) and Jerome Simpson (11 feet, 4 inches).

In fact, I wonder how close he came to the all-time record by ANY position?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'm praying he does :pray: (if we cannot get Harvin via trade).

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Manti had back-to-back 9 feet, 5 inch broad jumps. I'll have the full list later. NFL Network only posts the better of the two attempts, though.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barkevious Mingo runs a pair of 4.53 forties LSU DE/OLB

Barkevious Mingo ran a pair of unofficial 4.53 forties, with a 1.55 10 yard split, at the NFL Combine.

Mingo showed a lot of burst and build up speed throughout the straight-line run. We expect him to test well throughout the day, and the LSU Tiger likely projects as a pass rushing outside linebacker.

Feb 25 - 11:27 AM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have edited the first posts of this thread to include the fantastic lists that Pozz has compiled for all of us. Thank you very much Pozz! That should make it easier to find without going through 30 pages. If I missed something Pozz let me know. I'll keep adding the DL info as you update.

Do we have a good heights and weights list for everybody yet? I might have missed that.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have edited the first posts of this thread to include the fantastic lists that Pozz has compiled for all of us. Thank you very much Pozz! That should make it easier to find without going through 30 pages. If I missed something Pozz let me know. I'll keep adding the DL info as you update.

Do we have a good heights and weights list for everybody yet? I might have missed that.

No problem. The one thing I haven't been able to work on like I usually do are heights/weights. I like to include changes from their college listing when I do those but I haven't had time this year for it. I will get to it at some point. Maybe today since I don't have so many positions to go through now.

---------------------------------

Report: Lotulelei cleared to continue working out | ProFootballTalk

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem. The one thing I haven't been able to work on like I usually do are heights/weights. I like to include changes from their college listing when I do those but I haven't had time this year for it. I will get to it at some point. Maybe today since I don't have so many positions to go through now.

---------------------------------

Report: Lotulelei cleared to continue working out | ProFootballTalk

Awesome Pozz. No hurry or pressure, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it. Thanks again bud.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The other thing I'll have at some point are arm lengths - longest to shortest. I started out doing it that way and to save time I just added the lengths into the bench numbers but they aren't ordered from longest to shortest. I'll eventually have two lists - one with the bench numbers and then just another one with the lengths longest to shortest.