• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Scouting Combine notes

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh my gosh Jarvis Jones would be the ultimate home run swing. Imagine he & Aldon t LB going after a QB. It wouldn't even be fair.

There's always the risk that he just takes his signing bounus & calls it a career (mentally) for his own sake. But if not for the spinal issue, he's by far the best player in the entire draft.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 90% sure he's 5'8.

You don't pick a guy in the 1st round that you're expecting to get a limited amount of touches.

I don't see him getting limited touches at all and I don't like the comparison to McCluster. McCluster is a RB who is not big enough to play the position fulltime in the NFL so moved to a combo wr/rb/kr/pr. Austin on the other hand is a legit WR who is used every so often to run the ball. Austin is much more polished as a receiver. I compare him more to Steve Smith.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ Moe isn't a straight-line guy but some believe he will find a role in the slot. For what it's worth, he had the fastest times of all WRs in the 3-cone, 20-yard shuttle and 60-yard shuttle. It wasn't close.

The guy wasn't even good in college, he had one season.

I'm sure he is quick but unless he is in a Patriots type offense, I don't see him ever making a team.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why all the Julio Jones comparison as of late. When in fact it was you who ridiculed people making that same comparison about a month ago.

I didn't ridicule anyone about comparing him to Julio. He is built like him, runs like him and plays like him. It's a natural comparison.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see him getting limited touches at all and I don't like the comparison to McCluster. McCluster is a RB who is not big enough to play the position fulltime in the NFL so moved to a combo wr/rb/kr/pr. Austin on the other hand is a legit WR who is used every so often to run the ball. Austin is much more polished as a receiver. I compare him more to Steve Smith.

Thanks Dub!! :suds:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Except the bolded part isn't true at all. He doesn't have Steve Smith's ball skills and isn't a guy that you need two people to tackle.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except the bolded part isn't true at all. He doesn't have Steve Smith's ball skills and isn't a guy that you need two people to tackle.

Steve Smith is a much better comparison than Dexter McCluster honestly. McCluster is still learning how to play WR.

I'd say he's a mixture between Steve Smith and Percy Harvin. His play style in college was certainly similar to Harvin

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't ridicule anyone about comparing him to Julio. He is built like him, runs like him and plays like him. It's a natural comparison.

Guess I'll be disregarding your comments based on WR's:rollseyes:

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Dub!! :suds:

He is a much better prospect than McCluster ever was. I compare him to a DeSean Jackson/Reggie Bush hybrid. He can catch fantastically, great deep threat much like Jackson, but he has the ability to run the ball and break it outside and make people miss like Bush.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I was giving you a hypothetical based on the news that multiple teams have removed him from their boards entirely....!! It was a counter to you assuming that he would not make it to the 3rd round when in fact some teams have "removed him".

That article you posted btw is outdated. You should refer to the recent news / revelation regarding his medical situation (spinal stenosis).

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was giving you a hypothetical based on the news that multiple teams have removed him from their boards entirely....!! It was a counter to you assuming that he would not make it to the 3rd round when in fact some teams have "removed him".

That article you posted btw is outdated. You should refer to the recent news / revelation regarding his medical situation (spinal stenosis).

They've only said the medical doctors at the combine have cleared him and said everything looked good 100 times. Plus the 10000 retweets on twitter.

And that article is a whole 12 days old.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Some of the bench press numbers are coming out for the DL. I'd imagine Pozz is making it look nice so I won't crowd the thread further, but there are some surprises to me. Jesse Williams putting up 30 is a "disappointment", only because many thought he'd challenge the combine record. He's apparently put up over 600 lbs before.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the bench press numbers are coming out for the DL. I'd imagine Pozz is making it look nice so I won't crowd the thread further, but there are some surprises to me. Jesse Williams putting up 30 is a "disappointment", only because many thought he'd challenge the combine record. He's apparently put up over 600 lbs before.

He's probably a strength not stamina kind of guy. He can probably put up a ton, but not a whole lot of reps.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a much better prospect than McCluster ever was. I compare him to a DeSean Jackson/Reggie Bush hybrid. He can catch fantastically, great deep threat much like Jackson, but he has the ability to run the ball and break it outside and make people miss like Bush.

Fast, can change directions in mid air, has a concussion history, dates Kardashians, and celebrates touchdowns before breaking the end zone plane?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected. I don't recall saying that at all. My apologies.

He came into the combine bigger than he was listed at Tennessee. I still don't think he can be Julio Jones. I think he plays like him, but I don't think he is that good.