• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL reportedly wants nothing to do with proposed Las Vegas stadium - UNLV

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The NFL is full of hypocrites when it comes to a team out here in Vegas. They all cite gambling but they're completely fine with the idea of putting a team in London where they allow bets to be placed literally at the stadium. I really hate Goodell.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is full of shit. If they cared about gambling they would get rid of alot of the things they do but first would be the injury reports. Why does the other team need to know who on my team is hurt??? Answer is that they dont. Injury reports are 100% for bettors and oddsmakers.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas would be a horrible market for an NFL team. Tampa Bay part deux.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Vegas would be a horrible market for an NFL team. Tampa Bay part deux.

I live in Vegas and I can tell you it would be just fine. The Rebels have already proved that people will pack the house. The Wranglers also always have a pretty good turnout. The only team here that doesn't do so well is the 51's. That's mainly because Cashman Field is a huge dump and in the worst part of town. Literally everybody I'm close with would buy season tix immediately if we got a pro-team.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The NFL is full of hypocrites when it comes to a team out here in Vegas. They all cite gambling but they're completely fine with the idea of putting a team in London where they allow bets to be placed literally at the stadium. I really hate Goodell.

Well, it would only be people in the UK making bets. Not his problem.

And Vagas would be 8 times as big of an opprotunity for gambling (8 home games).

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, it would only be people in the UK making bets. Not his problem.

And Vagas would be 8 times as big of an opprotunity for gambling (8 home games).

I bet Goodell doesn't mind us betting on the Superbowl. I imagine if we couldn't here, a lot of people wouldn't even watch it. Besides, it's not like anybody can't just bet online. Hell, that's what most people that know how to use a computer do out here. Even my $70 uncle does it.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Vegas getting a NBA team before anything else, and even that might not be within the next 10 years.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Secretly I'm sure the NFL would like Vegas to have a stadium. That way they can threaten under-performing cities with relocation. Kinda like how they're using LA.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get why they cite gambling except in regard to players and coaches betting (the obvious reason). But if that's the thing, they'd have the same rules re: players gambling in London as they would in Vegas or San Francisco. In that case, he should either be against both or for both.