• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings with Counsins (2018-2023):

1 first place finish
3 second place finishes
2 third place finishes

Zero playoff wins.

One 13 win season
One 10 win season
Two 8 win seasons
Two 7 win seasons

But damn! Did he throw for some sweet td and yardage totals!

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did he win ? if thats your standard , because he didnt win because a team wasnt put around him ? is brunnell a stat padder ? you dont like KC , i suspect because you are at odds with a poster who likes him . but that facts are clear , we have never replaced him as some of us said at the time that it would be hard . the fact is KC was signed sealed delivered by SM yet the runner of the brothel shut him down

Marino didnt mortgage the team’s future by hijacking the salary cap for his own personal benefit, and is widely considered one of the greatest qb’s in the game despite never winning the big one.

Why isnt Cousins mentioned in the same breadth as Marino, do you think? His stats suggest he should be or could be.

Any thoughts….?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings with Counsins (2018-2023):

1 first place finish
3 second place finishes
2 third place finishes

Zero playoff wins.

One 13 win season
One 10 win season
Two 8 win seasons
Two 7 win seasons

But damn! Did he throw for some sweet td and yardage totals!
again sonny jurgensen had a career losing record , matt stafford has a career losing record (or hovering around 500 ) sorry that debating point makes no difference to me

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy who was the quarterback for our teams greatest comeback is the stat padder . he also was the qb for the NFL's greatest comeback , the stat padder. . i am not going to gripe about a qb who doesnt give up in the face of long odds

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i said many years ago this conversation can end when one side owns up to being a abcer and are biased in what they say . until then i will recycle it till the day my fingers can type a post . rest assured i am not stopping
Everybody is biased in what they say.

You certainly are, skinsdad.

I certainly am.

what’s your point?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again sonny jurgensen had a career losing record , matt stafford has a career losing record (or hovering around 500 ) sorry that debating point makes no difference to me

Great!
You like KC and I think he’s a spectacular monument to personal greed.

So glad that’s settled.

Anything else?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i said many years ago this conversation can end when one side owns up to being a abcer and are biased in what they say . until then i will recycle it till the day my fingers can type a post . rest assured i am not stopping
Skinsdad and duke reenact The Breakfast Club scene.

That's another one Skinsdad...are you done?

No...

Ok, that's another...do you want to keep going?

You are mine Skinsdad....

Lol...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont buy its about personal greed at all , i believe he signed a contract in good faith that was reasonable and fair and brothel said no . these guys sign huge contracts all the time and arent called " greedy " . its called market value . . being an abcer , and not being able to handle that those who supported KC have been right about not easily replacing him is a tough pill to swallow being greedy and a stat padder gives you comfort . i get it but alas he is a top 20 ranked all ti me qb witha winning record for those who think it matters still

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only point was if I'm Kirk at this stage in his career, I'm doing everything I can to allow my team to put the most talent around me. If that makes me negative toward him....guilty as charged.

Do you hold every other QB in the same category? Because outside of Brady, and those who have already won a SB, every QB does exactly what KC does.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I get tired of the Kirk bashing. Nobody said he was Joe Montana, we all know how he does not perform in big games. But he is still the best QB this team has had since Joe Theisman, other than Ryp who did it for one season where Kirk has been productive for a lot longer than that. Why he gets so much more hate than Griffin who acted like a complete douchebag and cost the team 3 #1's is still baffling to me.

What are his crimes? He didn't want to play for the Dan Snyder Redskins. How on Earth could anyone blame him for that? He was right, this was a terrible place to play and he made the right decision to leave. Next it was that he was greedy and overpaid. Newsflash: Other than one guy who had a super model wife EVERY professional athlete tries to maximized their earnings in the short window of opportunity they have.

To hate on Kirk for not taking less money to give the team the ability to sign other players is idiotic. Other than Tom Brady who has ever done that in the history of the league? Or in any sport for that matter?

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 playoffs against GB…threw for 329 and a TD. Defense gave up 35 points. KC got sacked 6 times.

2019 playoffs against NO…threw for 242 and a TD in a win.

2019 playoffs against SF…got smoked but received no assistance.

2022 playoffs agains tNYG….272 and 2 TDs. Defense gave up 31.

Can’t agree on the perform in big games. He has four playoff games and only one was a clunker.

Yeah I get tired of the Kirk bashing. Nobody said he was Joe Montana, we all know how he does not perform in big games. But he is still the best QB this team has had since Joe Theisman, other than Ryp who did it for one season where Kirk has been productive for a lot longer than that. Why he gets so much more hate than Griffin who acted like a complete douchebag and cost the team 3 #1's is still baffling to me.

What are his crimes? He didn't want to play for the Dan Snyder Redskins. How on Earth could anyone blame him for that? He was right, this was a terrible place to play and he made the right decision to leave. Next it was that he was greedy and overpaid. Newsflash: Other than one guy who had a super model wife EVERY professional athlete tries to maximized their earnings in the short window of opportunity they have.

To hate on Kirk for not taking less money to give the team the ability to sign other players is idiotic. Other than Tom Brady who has ever done that in the history of the league? Or in any sport for that matter?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still trying to figure out where I bashed Kirk.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you hold every other QB in the same category? Because outside of Brady, and those who have already won a SB, every QB does exactly what KC does.
If me saying, if I was in Kirk's position, that I would sign a contract as team friendly as possible after making all the money I can spend, being in my mid 30s without a ring ruffles your feathers.......that's an issue that I'm really not concerned with.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat padder ... Warren Moon should be removed from the HOF:

SUMMARY
Career
G

AV
QBrec
102-101-0
Cmp%
Yds
Y/A
TD
Int

Of course I am kidding. However with a three year contract Cousins can have similar stats. I am not advocating for Cousins to be inducted but he will likely be more than one game over .500.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat padder ... Warren Moon should be removed from the HOF:

SUMMARY
Career
G

AV
QBrec
102-101-0
Cmp%
Yds
Y/A
TD
Int

Of course I am kidding. However with a three year contract Cousins can have similar stats. I am not advocating for Cousins to be inducted but he will likely be more than one game over .500.
One ring puts Kirk in the Hall of Fame. With his stats one ring would do it. Might get in anyway. That's why I was so confused when I saw the contract he signed in Atlanta.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry not enough

Enough for what? Your approval?

Oohhhh skinsdad: one thing should be abundantly clear from my time posting here, and that is that I dont care what you or frankly anybody else thinks about my posts.

I dont need or seek your approval: never have and never will.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If me saying, if I was in Kirk's position, that I would sign a contract as team friendly as possible after making all the money I can spend, being in my mid 30s without a ring ruffles your feathers.......that's an issue that I'm really not concerned with.

I am not ruffled at all. If I were in his position, I would have called up KS and said league minimum.

I am just pointing out the only guy that has taken less to win is Brady. Mahomes did not. Peyton did not and I am a huge Peyton fan.