• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could go broke with a contract like this:

• During the summer of 2020, Mahomes signed a 10-year, $450 million contract that made him the highest-paid player in NFL history. Mahomes is set to make an average of $45 million per season as a part of his contract and will have a cap hit of no less than $41.95 million in each season through 2031.
Seriously .... if whoever Washington drafts this week is successful all this contracts will look like chump change compared to what they are making now.

Side note: Cousins has played three years without a contract at the end of the season. It potentially bit him on the ass as he is recovering from the Achilles tear. How many other QBs have done that? Just my :2cents:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins wanted the franchise tag because he was trying to get out of Washington as soon as possible and it allowed him to be paid as a top 5 QB without having to perform like one.

Took the most guaranteed money he could in Minnesota. Took the most he could get in Atlanta.

I take my hat off to him. Get your money.

Brady and Mahomes are about legacy. Jmo

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mahomes did not take less. He signed his contract in 2020 for 10 years making him the highest paid. Brady spent years in NE making about half of what the highest paid was making. Mahomes was the sixth highest paid in 2023, after three years of others going for the bar he set for the market.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sure what you are trying to show. He did not take less money. Mahomes got paid upfront and is making a ton more on that money, even if it makes it appear as though he is making less than current players.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was never that Kirk isn't getting paid. Other players should be lining up to hire his agent. My point is Cousins gets negative press/commentary (maybe from Washington fans) for doing the same thing other QBs are doing. I hope whoever they draft in a couple of days throws for 40,000 yards, 300 TDs and his TD to Int rate is 2 1/2 to 1.

I don't have time to look it up now and I am not ragging on Mahomes but I think he set the rate that is now being exceeded by other QBs.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was never that Kirk isn't getting paid. Other players should be lining up to hire his agent. My point is Cousins gets negative press/commentary (maybe from Washington fans) for doing the same thing other QBs are doing. I hope whoever they draft in a couple of days throws for 40,000 yards, 300 TDs and his TD to Int rate is 2 1/2 to 1.

I don't have time to look it up now and I am not ragging on Mahomes but I think he set the rate that is now being exceeded by other QBs.
My only point was if I'm Kirk at this stage in his career, I'm doing everything I can to allow my team to put the most talent around me. If that makes me negative toward him....guilty as charged.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk has always been about Kirk and Kirk’s money, and never about the team around him.

I dont blame Kirk for looking out for Kirk. After all, nobody else is going to look out for you, so you might as well look out for yourself.

The Vikings won nothing of note with Kirk other than that game that Diggs won for them witth that catch, and the Falcons arent going to win anything either.

Kirk remains the greatest, richest stat padder with the least remarkable resume other than his stat padding in the history of the nfl.

He’s an absolutely fascinating case study. I applaud his willingness and ability to make an obscene amount of money despite limited actual accomplishments

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only point was if I'm Kirk at this stage in his career, I'm doing everything I can to allow my team to put the most talent around me. If that makes me negative toward him....guilty as charged.
he could very well have a team in place to make a run .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk has always been about Kirk and Kirk’s money, and never about the team around him.

I dont blame Kirk for looking out for Kirk. After all, nobody else is going to look out for you, so you might as well look out for yourself.

The Vikings won nothing of note with Kirk other than that game that Diggs won for them witth that catch, and the Falcons arent going to win anything either.

Kirk remains the greatest, richest stat padder with the least remarkable resume other than his stat padding in the history of the nfl.

He’s an absolutely fascinating case study. I applaud his willingness and ability to make an obscene amount of money despite limited actual accomplishments
i guess we can that about ryan or all the other all time great stat padders as he is called you know like marino , fouts anderson etc

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am reminded of Bill the Butchers line in "Gangs of New York" when he said:
"And everything had been so quiet".

Alas, the great Kirk Cousins conversation shows up...yet again.

As Franklin said the 2 constants in life being death and taxes, the 2 truths here are Cousins and the Cowboys.

I always liked Cousins. He gave his all here.
I do think the fans care more about Cousins then he does for DC. Thanks to Dan and Bruce, I doubt he steps foot in town ever.

That being said, we will find a way to bring up Cousins and remove our hats when his name is mentioned for the next 20 years if I had to guess.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marino was a stat padder?
what did he win ? if thats your standard , because he didnt win because a team wasnt put around him ? is brunnell a stat padder ? you dont like KC , i suspect because you are at odds with a poster who likes him . but that facts are clear , we have never replaced him as some of us said at the time that it would be hard . the fact is KC was signed sealed delivered by SM yet the runner of the brothel shut him down

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am reminded of Bill the Butchers line in "Gangs of New York" when he said:
"And everything had been so quiet".

Alas, the great Kirk Cousins conversation shows up...yet again.

As Franklin said the 2 truths in life being death and taxes, the 2 truths here are Cousins and the Cowboys.

I always liked Cousins. He gave his all here.
I do think the fans care more about Cousins then he does for DC. Thanks to Dan and Bruce, I doubt he steps foot in town ever.

That being said, we will find a way to bring up Cousins and remove our hats when his name is mentioned for the next 20 years if I had to guess.
as i said many years ago this conversation can end when one side owns up to being a abcer and are biased in what they say . until then i will recycle it till the day my fingers can type a post . rest assured i am not stopping

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did he win ? if thats your standard , because he didnt win because a team wasnt put around him ? is brunnell a stat padder ? you dont like KC , i suspect because you are at odds with a poster who likes him . but that facts are clear , we have never replaced him as some of us said at the time that it would be hard . the fact is KC was signed sealed delivered by SM yet the runner of the brothel shut him down
How dare you talk about Dan Snyder like that..