• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collusion?
Nope, just Goodell doing his job and taking the hit for his employers! Goodell has no power in this instance just as he has no power when it comes to hiring head coaches. He'll say all of the things that a front man has to, but make no mistake, if his bosses wanted anything released/ resolved, it will get released/resolved. They have no reason to do anything... yet, but Flores has receipts!!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, just Goodell doing his job and taking the hit for his employers! Goodell has no power in this instance just as he has no power when it comes to hiring head coaches. He'll say all of the things that a front man has to, but make no mistake, if his bosses wanted anything released/ resolved, it will get released/resolved. They have no reason to do anything... yet, but Flores has receipts!!
Unless of course the owner of the Dolphins says, "those $100k payments were bonus incentives in his contract", that simply get swept under the carpet.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now Flores is losing me . Come on man you shouldn’t have released any statement other then congratulating Lovie . The rest of that makes you sound like a radical crybaby. I think you have a case but damn stop with the jealousy

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now Flores is losing me . Come on man you shouldn’t have released any statement other then congratulating Lovie . The rest of that makes you sound like a radical crybaby. I think you have a case but damn stop with the jealousy
I don’t think he has a case at all. He just ruined his career trying to play the race card.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think he has a case at all. He just ruined his career trying to play the race card.
As of now I think he does but moves like this tend to make me feel he is playing the race card . More information will come out just like it. Did in Furgeson

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless of course the owner of the Dolphins says, "those $100k payments were bonus incentives in his contract", that simply get swept under the carpet.
It still comes back to "bonus incentives" for what, correct??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now I think he does but moves like this tend to make me feel he is playing the race card . More information will come out just like it. Did in Furgeson
"Playing the race card" huh?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie Smith is the "ice" play, almost everyone knows this. He will fail too ( one or less and done) because he had no QB and zero backing of the Texans organization. Once that happens they hire the guy that they originally wanted. This is old game that has no wings, and will not fly!

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie Smith is the "ice" play, almost everyone knows this. He will fail too ( one or less and done) because he had no QB and zero backing of the Texans organization. Once that happens they hire the guy that they originally wanted. This is old game that has no wings, and will not fly!
And more than one report says the guy the Texans FO really wanted to hire was McCown. ...the white guy who has never coached at any level of football. McCown would be a laughable hire in any other year, but Flores's lawsuit made that hire impossible b/c the organization could never justify hiring a blatantly unqualified white man.

The sad part is that had Flores just been a little more patient, he'd probably be the Texans HC right now.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And more than one report says the guy the Texans FO really wanted to hire was McCown. ...the white guy who has never coached at any level of football. McCown would be a laughable hire in any other year, but Flores's lawsuit made that hire impossible b/c the organization could never justify hiring a blatantly unqualified white man.

The sad part is that had Flores just been a little more patient, he'd probably be the Texans HC right now.
You're correct sir!! McCown was their choice and this was widely known. I wonder if there's something in NFL HC's contracts that prevent them from suing while active? Any thoughts or insights on that?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're correct sir!! McCown was their choice and this was widely known. I wonder if there's something in NFL HC's contracts that prevent them from suing while active? Any thoughts or insights on that?
It's my understanding that every coach's contract says that any disputes between the coach and the team MUST be resolved through arbitration--i.e. they can't sue in court. Doesn't matter if the coach is actively coaching or not.

That's why Flores's claims against the Dolphins will probably be severed from the rest of his lawsuit b/c that part would have to go through arbitration since it's a dispute between him and the team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of assumptions going on here I will wait to see it play out but I see the Texans giving him at least 3 years and he should get my standard 5

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's my understanding that every coach's contract says that any disputes between the coach and the team MUST be resolved through arbitration--i.e. they can't sue in court. Doesn't matter if the coach is actively coaching or not.

That's why Flores's claims against the Dolphins will probably be severed from the rest of his lawsuit b/c that part would have to go through arbitration since it's a dispute between him and the team.
Thanks for the clarity!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1644680988613.png
That’s crazy