• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the point of owning one, if you don’t carry it?
The 12 guage was for hunting and a family heirloom ... now used for target shooting. The .45 is or actually both are for home protection. I target shoot with my nephews and brother as well.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 12 guage was for hunting and a family heirloom ... now used for target shooting. The .45 is or actually both are for home protection. I target shoot with my nephews and brother as well.

Yeah, I was really referring to the hand gun. Obviously, people do not carry shot guns.

Target shooting is cool but only leads to a more important goal of defense. it is difficult to carry a .45 concealed though.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was really referring to the hand gun. Obviously, people do not carry shot guns.

Target shooting is cool but only leads to a more important goal of defense. it is difficult to carry a .45 concealed though.
Exactly, concealing a .45 isn't easy. If I wanted to carry I would have a smaller size hand guns. There are plenty of smaller sized hand guns with plenty of power.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, concealing a .45 isn't easy. If I wanted to carry I would have a smaller size hand guns. There are plenty of smaller sized hand guns with plenty of power.

There is the rub. A .45 really is not that good for home defense. Power is overrated with guns anyways, unless we are talking certain attacks where the perpetrator is charging you.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is the rub. A .45 really is not that good for home defense. Power is overrated with guns anyways, unless we are talking certain attacks where the perpetrator is charging you.
I don't think knock down power is overrated but that is my opinion. I do think you need to train with a gun like that because it is a good size gun with a lot of kick. I have two dogs also which is probably my best deterrent, they run to the door or window if they hear anyone come down the street. I am on a dead end so there isn't a lot of traffic. If someone was to come in I am not going to get up and chase them around the house. I am going to lie in bed and wait for the to come to me.
If you do like guns you might like my 1897 model Winchester pump. My grandfather who grew up in an orphanage used to hunt on a farm in Bucks County, PA. The farmer gave him two of these shotguns. When he passed they went to my dad and my dad passed the to my brother and I. It has a hammer on it so if you don't hold the gun right the slide will hit you in the hand.

If I were to get another gun it would probably be one of the Kimbro America Micro 9 or .380.

We should probably get back to football.

Man what happened to Flores defense. Vikes were on fire but two losses in a row with a lot of points scored. It didn't hurt that Nacua was activated just before the game.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think knock down power is overrated but that is my opinion. I do think you need to train with a gun like that because it is a good size gun with a lot of kick. I have two dogs also which is probably my best deterrent, they run to the door or window if they hear anyone come down the street. I am on a dead end so there isn't a lot of traffic. If someone was to come in I am not going to get up and chase them around the house. I am going to lie in bed and wait for the to come to me.
If you do like guns you might like my 1897 model Winchester pump. My grandfather who grew up in an orphanage used to hunt on a farm in Bucks County, PA. The farmer gave him two of these shotguns. When he passed they went to my dad and my dad passed the to my brother and I. It has a hammer on it so if you don't hold the gun right the slide will hit you in the hand.

If I were to get another gun it would probably be one of the Kimbro America Micro 9 or .380.

We should probably get back to football.

Man what happened to Flores defense. Vikes were on fire but two losses in a row with a lot of points scored. It didn't hurt that Nacua was activated just before the game.
I collect guns so I have a lot of them , I carry a PSA dagger as my main concealed weapon but I have many pistols that I can use and the smaller ones are preferable. I also have lots of rounds

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I collect guns so I have a lot of them , I carry a PSA dagger as my main concealed weapon but I have many pistols that I can use and the smaller ones are preferable. I also have lots of rounds
I always wanted a .45 so that is what I bought. As mentioned I have been looking at the Kimber America Micro .... either 9mm or .380. We'll see. I grew up around guns. As far back as I can remember my dad and grandfather went hunting. Back then PA was stocking pheasant every year but long ago stopped that. I loved small game hunting especially tor them. I'll eat venison but no desire to hunt the any longer.

I have a hair trigger when it comes to temper. It doesn't last long but I have always considered that when I think about concealed carry. I have been working on the temper. Look how good I have been on the forum lately. LMAO.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wanted a .45 so that is what I bought. As mentioned I have been looking at the Kimber America Micro .... either 9mm or .380. We'll see. I grew up around guns. As far back as I can remember my dad and grandfather went hunting. Back then PA was stocking pheasant every year but long ago stopped that. I loved small game hunting especially tor them. I'll eat venison but no desire to hunt the any longer.

I have a hair trigger when it comes to temper. It doesn't last long but I have always considered that when I think about concealed carry. I have been working on the temper. Look how good I have been on the forum lately. LMAO.
I am on the process of building my 6th ar -15 and my next pistol will be the walther ppk