• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add wentz to it and that small school is putting out some decent QbS
Add to that these guys get into the endzone, unfortunately our 17 yr vet cannot do that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 will likely retire, (Fitz, Big Ben, and Ryan ) Ownership likes Cousins so he's probably good for one more season with the Vikes. Winston will prove himself in N.O. and get a new contract. Jimmy G and Cam are interesting because I just cannot see them as happy backups anywhere. Very good list though!

BTW; yes I saw "could be" in the list heading.

Last edited:

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mac Jones QB, New England Patriots

NBC Sports Boston's Tom Curran believes Mac Jones has earned the right to be the Patriots' Week 1 starter.​

"There’s no on-field reason for Cam Newton to ever take a meaningful, regular-season snap for the Patriots while Mac Jones is upright and able," writes Curran. Newton has missed practice all week due to a "misunderstanding" with the COVID policy due to him being unvaccinated. With Newton gone, Jones has taken 500-plus practice reps, working exclusively with the ones and getting all of the work. Newton was great in last week's preseason game, but Jones has also been impressive. New England has held joint practices with the Giants this week, and Jones has carved up the G-Men's defense by all accounts. Coach Bill Belichick has said he'd be open to a committee quarterback situation, but Jones may be pulling away with the job this week.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mac Jones QB, New England Patriots

NBC Sports Boston's Tom Curran believes Mac Jones has earned the right to be the Patriots' Week 1 starter.​

"There’s no on-field reason for Cam Newton to ever take a meaningful, regular-season snap for the Patriots while Mac Jones is upright and able," writes Curran. Newton has missed practice all week due to a "misunderstanding" with the COVID policy due to him being unvaccinated. With Newton gone, Jones has taken 500-plus practice reps, working exclusively with the ones and getting all of the work. Newton was great in last week's preseason game, but Jones has also been impressive. New England has held joint practices with the Giants this week, and Jones has carved up the G-Men's defense by all accounts. Coach Bill Belichick has said he'd be open to a committee quarterback situation, but Jones may be pulling away with the job this week.
Jones is better than Newton already, we can all see that. I believe Newton is done in this league after this season.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Mac did a lot more than people expected. Ladies and gentlemen…your offensive rookie of the year.
Mac did exactly what I expected. For all the folks that said he would be a bad pick .... well, you know.

Much like Mahomes he landed with a good coach, that never hurts. The skill level, just like Mahomes was there.