• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports out there that Cousins is looking for a 2yr, 90M (45M/yr), fully guaranteed deal.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy showed me something Sunday.
Good to hear.

For the last 2 weeks, Purdy has shown something different.

--Those 2 late game come backs against playoff teams
--Making plays in crunch time shows the Niners aren't just front runners
--Going off schedule and making plays means it's not all Kyle's offense
--Using his mobility to move in the pocket and run for first downs means it's not all about his weapons or the offensive scheme
--Improving in crunch time after having a bad first few quarters
--And Purdy has still only had 20+ total starts

Purdy isn't the 2nd coming, but he's shown himself to be well above a "middle of the pack" QB. He's been head and shoulders better than guys like Jimmy G were in this same offense. Purdy is an MVP finalist; Jimmy G never even sniffed a pro bowl. Teams were supposed to catch up to him once film was out there on him for a half dozen games or so--well, this season he was even better than last year. His weapons were what made him, that's what some idiots kept saying, but that doesn't stop the same critics from lauding Hurts, Herbert, Goff, and other Qbs that have great tools to work with.

Purdy's clutch play in the playoffs put him ahead of guys like Tua and Dak and Love and Goff for sure. And His regular season work has outpaced guys like Herbert (who seems to crumble when the chips are down). Yet, there are talking heads out there that still say they'd take Will Levis over Purdy.

Think about this. 7 NFC teams made the playoffs this year. The Niners and 6 others. This season and postseason, the Niners played all 6 and BEAT...ALL...SIX.

Last edited:

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear.

--Using his mobility to move in the pocket and run for first downs means it's not all about his weapons or the offensive scheme

Purdy isn't the 2nd coming, but he's shown himself to be well above a "middle of the pack" QB. He's been head and shoulders better than guys like Jimmy G were in this same offense. Purdy is an MVP finalist; Jimmy G never even sniffed a pro bowl. Teams were supposed to catch up to him once film was out there on him for a half dozen games or so--well, this season he was even better than last year. His weapons were what made him, that's what some idiots kept saying, but that doesn't stop the same critics from lauding Hurts, Herbert, Goff, and other Qbs that have great tools to work with.

Purdy's clutch play in the playoffs put him ahead of guys like Tua and Dak and Love and Goff for sure. And His regular season work has outpaced guys like Herbert (who seems to crumble when the chips are down). Yet, there are talking heads out there that still say they'd take Will Levis over Purdy.

Think about this. 7 NFC teams made the playoffs this year. The Niners and 6 others. This season and postseason, the Niners played all 6 and BEAT...ALL...SIX.
he,s a pretty good mr irrelevant.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear.

No doubt.....when he ducked under that edge rusher and threw for the first, I was sold that he was more than a game manager. Purdy and Howell are the best from that draft and both went super late.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear.

Deebo is elite. Kittle is elite. CMC is elite. The rest of Purdy's weapons...? Not that elite.

Ayuk? Valdez-Scandling?

On the other hand, Purdy also benefits from an elite left tackle, and 3 elite players at 3 different offensive skill player positions is a lot of elite-ness.

Nonetheless, Purdy still has to make the plays, amd for the most part - he has.

The niners beating all the 6 other nfc playoff teams says something - that they definitely deserve to be in the super bowl.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports out there that Cousins is looking for a 2yr, 90M (45M/yr), fully guaranteed deal.

Some team will pay him that much money for stat padding. I'm glad it will most likely not be the Commanders. That's too much money for any qb, let alone somebody who doesnt' win in the playoffs.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deebo is elite. Kittle is elite. CMC is elite. The rest of Purdy's weapons...? Not that elite.

Ayuk? Valdez-Scandling?

On the other hand, Purdy also benefits from an elite left tackle, and 3 elite players at 3 different offensive skill player positions is a lot of elite-ness.

The niners beating all the 6 other nfc playoff teams says something - that they definitely deserve to be in the super bowl.
As I've said since last year, having weapons didn't hurt Hurts did it? Last year, He was in the MVP discussion despite having a 1,500yd WR, a 1,200yd WR, a 1,200yd RB, a high level TE, and the best Oline in the game to go along with one of the best defenses. The talking heads weren't knocking him b/c of his weapons and and his team advantages. Instead, he was lauded as the next great QB. Ditto Herbert and his weapons and the talent at LT. Yet, Purdy gets told that he's only as good as those around him. Hell, there are still some idiots on this forum that call him Trent Dilfer! For so many out there, there is a QB double standard when it comes to Purdy.

Some team will pay him that much money for stat padding. I'm glad it will most likely not be the Commanders. That's too much money for any qb, let alone somebody who doesnt' win in the playoffs.
Considering the QB market and his production (In Washington and Minny), that's not too much for him. Atlanta and Minny will be the early front runners for Cousins imo, although I could see a team like the Raiders give him a run, I don't think he wants to play out west.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. $45/season coming off a tough injury this late into his career is too much to pay a stat padder.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he is smart,he lowers his price and stays in minny.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ayuk? Valdez-Scandling?

Deebo is not elite…not even close.

Kittle is not elite.

CMC and Trent are elite.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deebo is not elite…not even close.

Kittle is not elite.

CMC and Trent are elite.

Deebo is absolutely elite and so is Kittle, and I think you thinking that they are not elite is pretty astonishing, actually.

Deebo is an elite, game changing talent. He may not be a number one, but there are no other “swiss army type” wrs better than he, that do a little of everything really really well.

Kittle is elite as well. All you need to do is watch that dude block to know that he’s one of the best in the business. Routinely takes out two guys. Not even up for debate, in my opinion.

I challenge you to name three better players at their respective positions than Deebo and Kittle (3 being about 10% of the teams in the league).

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deebo is absolutely elite and so is Kittle, and I think you thinking that they are not elite is pretty astonishing, actually.

Deebo is an elite, game changing talent. He may not be a number one, but there are no other “swiss army type” wrs better than he, that do a little of everything really really well.

Kittle is elite as well. All you need to do is watch that dude block to know that he’s one of the best in the business. Routinely takes out two guys. Not even up for debate, in my opinion.

I challenge you to name three better players at their respective positions than Deebo and Kittle (3 being about 10% of the teams in the league).

At TE, Kelce is the only elite TE. He is far and away the best in the business. After him, there is a group of about five that does include Kittle. As for three better, Kelce, La Porta, and Hockenson.

Deebo is the third leading pass catcher on his own team. He is third on his own team in total yards from scrimmage. Plays have to be designed for him because he can’t play RB and he is only a good WR. As for WRs better, the list is too extensive but just to spit out three…Tyreek, Jefferson, and and Chase.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kittle according to stats is top 3 TEs

Deebo is a ways down the list.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kittle according to stats is top 3 TEs

Deebo is a ways down the list.
Kittle is a bad ass and deebo is too. Deebo usually don’t let the first guy tackle him. Just look at the niners record when he doesn’t play

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kittle is elite imo. No question about it. Kittle actually lines up as and plays TE. A crushing blocker, productive receiver, and great at RAC yardage. There is a reason he made All Pro this year. To think someone like Hockenson is a better TE? LOL. LaPorta? Maybe in time. Kelce is a big WR. He barely ever lines up as or plays TE.

Deebo, I get the debate. He is a elite player with the ball in his hands, but he is not a good enough route runner to be an elite WR imo.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At TE, Kelce is the only elite TE. He is far and away the best in the business. After him, there is a group of about five that does include Kittle. As for three better, Kelce, La Porta, and Hockenson.

Deebo is the third leading pass catcher on his own team. He is third on his own team in total yards from scrimmage. Plays have to be designed for him because he can’t play RB and he is only a good WR. As for WRs better, the list is too extensive but just to spit out three…Tyreek, Jefferson, and and Chase.

Kelce is not the only elite TE. That's simply note true. Kittle is elite. He was targeted 30 less times than Kittle, had 28 less catches than Kittle, accumulated 50 more yards than Kelce with one more touchdown than Kelce. He's also a devastating blocker.

Deebo is elite as well BECAUSE Kyle Shanahan - the coach you want to win the super bowl - devises specific plays for him due to his special skill set. Your own logic is proof as to why Deebo is elite. Deebo is the very reason why the niners don't need elite wr's.

Like I said: SF has elite players at TE, LT, RB, and swiss army knife.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce is not the only elite TE. That's simply note true. Kittle is elite. He was targeted 30 less times than Kittle, had 28 less catches than Kittle, accumulated 50 more yards than Kelce with one more touchdown than Kelce. He's also a devastating blocker.

Deebo is elite as well BECAUSE Kyle Shanahan - the coach you want to win the super bowl - devises specific plays for him due to his special skill set. Your own logic is proof as to why Deebo is elite. Deebo is the very reason why the niners don't need elite wr's.

Like I said: SF has elite players at TE, LT, RB, and swiss army knife.

Kelce is far better than all other TEs, so he is the only elite TE. Kittle has had too many seasons of questionable production to be elite. Kelce has literally no help this season. No argument on the blocking statement though. I am actually a Kittle fan.

Deebo is a threat but he is not elite. Antonio Gibson had plays devised for him and he is not elite. Deebo is a weapon with special skills. That does not make him elite. Aiyuk had nearly 1400 yards receiving.