• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Mock Draft 2024

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers would be salivating with Bowers for a target. Interesting you have Latu in your top 10. I was just commenting on how the highest mock draft I've seen has him at #19. He does look good though!

It would be interesting to see if the Lions go for another CB early in the draft. I thought with the Lions getting two CB's in the offseason, they would probably wait till later in the draft to grab another.
I was guessing between TJ Tampa, Graham Barton and WR. I figured CB was the harder position to find later in the draft so I went that direction. Lions have a really solid roster so I could see them doing any number of things. Probably trade down potential. Trading up for Verse actually makes a ton of sense.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Williams is a lock for the #1 pick, the rest seem to be up for grabs. I stole many of my predictions from other mock drafts, so this will likely look familiar to some of the predictions out there already. The reality is that it is not likely to happen simply because I am predicting this outcome. :D

What's your call? Anything bold you could see happening in the draft next month? Please don't mock me too loud on this mock draft. :L

1) Caleb Williams - Chicago Bears
2) Jayden Williams - Washington Commanders (I think they will go with the flashier QB that is still available)
3) JJ McCarthy - New England (The Pats buy into the hype)
4) Drake Maye - Minnesota Vikings (they immediately trade up with Arizona to get him)
5) Marvin Harrison - LA Chargers (Harbaugh gets a HUGE piece to his offense)
6) Malik Nabors - NY Giants (probably another year away from drafting a QB in NY, so they go ahead and get a game breaking WR)
7) Joe Alt - Tennessee Titans (boring pick, but should help bolster the O-Line for years to come)
8) Dallas Turner - Atlanta Falcons (The offense is set, time to build up the defense)
9) Rome Odunze - Arizona via a trade with Chicago (The Cardinals use some of their draft capital to move up and get a nice WR)
10) Taliese Fuaga - NY Jets (They begin to build their O-Line for the future and hope that he can help them with Rodgers this season)
11) Jared Verse - Chicago Bears via Arizona trading up (Bears build the defense)
12) Quinyon Mitchell - Green Bay via Denver (Green Bay makes a big move up the draft to get a big player on defense)
13) JC Latham - LV Raiders (Begin to build up the O-Line)
14) Brock Bowers - NO Saints (HUGE mid round pick...I'm not sure he will last this long though)
15) Brian Thomas - Colts (they add a nice WR to help Richardson)

I think that Denver gets Bo Nix at #25 (the GB trade).
Very sensible first 15 picks, but would you kindly tell me what the Cardinals give up in draft capital to secure the #9 pick, because I sure hate seeing my Bears pass on the opportunity to grab Odunze or even Verse, not to mention falling back to #21.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw down a rough mock draft.

1) Bears - Caleb Williams
2) Commanders - Jayden Daniels
3) Patriots - Drake Maye
4) Vikings* - JJ McCarthy
5) Chargers - Marvin Harrison Jr
6) Giants - Malik Nabers
7) Titans - Joe Alt
8) Falcons - Dallas Turner
9) Bears - Laiatu Latu
10) Jets - Brock Bowers
11) Cardinals* - Rome Odunze
12) Broncos - Brian Thomas Jr
13) Raiders - JC Latham
14) Saints - Olu Fashanu
15) Colts - Quinyon Mitchell
16) Steelers* - Taliese Fuaga
17) Jaguars - Cooper DeJean
18) Eagles* - Terrion Arnold
19) Rams - Amarius Mims
20) Seahawks* - Michael Penix Jr
21) Dolphins - Byron Murphy II
22) Bengals* - T'Vondre Sweat
23) Cardinals*- Chop Robinson
24) Cowboys - Troy Fautanu
25) Packers - Kool Aid McKinstry
26) Bucs - Jackson Powers-Johnson
27) Cardinals - Nate Wiggins
28) Bills - Jared Verse
29) Lions - TJ Tampa
30) Ravens - Tyler Guyton
31) Niners - Xavier Legette
32) Chiefs - Ricky Pearsall

Bowers is a sexy pick for the jets... but remember they dont have a 2nd rounder... not sure if they can afford not taking another offensive lineman... you know, to keep Old man Rodgers healthy.... Not sure how good Bowers is as a blocker... so maybe a blocking TE would do it to...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Williams is a lock for the #1 pick, the rest seem to be up for grabs. I stole many of my predictions from other mock drafts, so this will likely look familiar to some of the predictions out there already. The reality is that it is not likely to happen simply because I am predicting this outcome. :D

What's your call? Anything bold you could see happening in the draft next month? Please don't mock me too loud on this mock draft. :L

1) Caleb Williams - Chicago Bears
2) Jayden Williams - Washington Commanders (I think they will go with the flashier QB that is still available)
3) JJ McCarthy - New England (The Pats buy into the hype)
4) Drake Maye - Minnesota Vikings (they immediately trade up with Arizona to get him)
5) Marvin Harrison - LA Chargers (Harbaugh gets a HUGE piece to his offense)
6) Malik Nabors - NY Giants (probably another year away from drafting a QB in NY, so they go ahead and get a game breaking WR)
7) Joe Alt - Tennessee Titans (boring pick, but should help bolster the O-Line for years to come)
8) Dallas Turner - Atlanta Falcons (The offense is set, time to build up the defense)
9) Rome Odunze - Arizona via a trade with Chicago (The Cardinals use some of their draft capital to move up and get a nice WR)
10) Taliese Fuaga - NY Jets (They begin to build their O-Line for the future and hope that he can help them with Rodgers this season)
11) Jared Verse - Chicago Bears via Arizona trading up (Bears build the defense)
12) Quinyon Mitchell - Green Bay via Denver (Green Bay makes a big move up the draft to get a big player on defense)
13) JC Latham - LV Raiders (Begin to build up the O-Line)
14) Brock Bowers - NO Saints (HUGE mid round pick...I'm not sure he will last this long though)
15) Brian Thomas - Colts (they add a nice WR to help Richardson)

I think that Denver gets Bo Nix at #25 (the GB trade).

you have denver doing my #1 Draft day NO-NO.... i dont hate denver enough to hope for that....

I think it is generally a terrible move to draft DOWN to get a QB.... I mean, what kind of message does it send?? HEY WE DONT THINK YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH, so we hope you fall to us later!!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowers is a sexy pick for the jets... but remember they dont have a 2nd rounder... not sure if they can afford not taking another offensive lineman... you know, to keep Old man Rodgers healthy.... Not sure how good Bowers is as a blocker... so maybe a blocking TE would do it to...
I personally think Tyron Smith gives them the luxury of picking a mid round olineman as a 'development' pick. That said, I totally get where you are coming from as the Jets oline is always a mess every year. Its probably always the right answer to go oline until it isnt a mess.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think Tyron Smith gives them the luxury of picking a mid round olineman as a 'development' pick. That said, I totally get where you are coming from as the Jets oline is always a mess every year. Its probably always the right answer to go oline until it isnt a mess.

i know bowers is supposed to be the next best TE, but is he a good blocker?? if so, then i would be ok with it... but i dont want another receiver, who just plays TE....

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have denver doing my #1 Draft day NO-NO.... i dont hate denver enough to hope for that....

I think it is generally a terrible move to draft DOWN to get a QB.... I mean, what kind of message does it send?? HEY WE DONT THINK YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH, so we hope you fall to us later!!!

There's no guarantee he'll even be there when they do draft, so I'm not sure you could label it as a "draft down to get a QB". They would be moving back to acquire more draft capital, and if Nix is there late in the first round, it would not be as big a risk on their part to draft him. He seems like a good QB project for Sean Payton.

Getting drafted later in the draft has been pretty good for other QB's in the past. I'm not sure why Nix would be hindered in any way by being drafted later in the first round.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know bowers is supposed to be the next best TE, but is he a good blocker?? if so, then i would be ok with it... but i dont want another receiver, who just plays TE....
He is probably an average blocker overall. Anyone drafting him is doing it for his receiving skills but he also isnt a liability there

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny enough, I did the same thing in my mock with Seattle and Penix

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no guarantee he'll even be there when they do draft, so I'm not sure you could label it as a "draft down to get a QB". They would be moving back to acquire more draft capital, and if Nix is there late in the first round, it would not be as big a risk on their part to draft him. He seems like a good QB for Sean Payton.

Getting drafted later in the draft has been pretty good for other QB's in the past. I'm not sure why Nix would be hindered in any way by being drafted later in the first round.

not talking aboutnix... you said that the broncos would trade down to get him... i have no problem with him going later in the first round(although i am not a fan of taking a QB late first round), but it is a terrible message to the QB when a team trades down to get them...

Trade up, means they wanted him... trading down, means they didnt think he was worth it at their original pick, and that they had nobody else to take, so why not take a chance on someone they didnt think was that good...

But i also dont like when teams draft a QB in the 2nd or third round.... so i have some weird QB drafting rules

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny enough, I did the same thing in my mock with Seattle and Penix

There isn't a team that drafts back to get a QB (at least not a team that drops SEVERAL places back). They draft back to get draft capital (or maybe get a nice player in return). Now, I'm sure they hope that a guy they want drops in their laps, but I imagine the whole point of dropping back is to gain assets and not to simply get a player they want now, later in the draft.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not talking aboutnix... you said that the broncos would trade down to get him... i have no problem with him going later in the first round(although i am not a fan of taking a QB late first round), but it is a terrible message to the QB when a team trades down to get them...

Trade up, means they wanted him... trading down, means they didnt think he was worth it at their original pick, and that they had nobody else to take, so why not take a chance on someone they didnt think was that good...

But i also dont like when teams draft a QB in the 2nd or third round.... so i have some weird QB drafting rules

Huh? I said I think the Broncos get Nix at #25. I never said they trade down to get him. Where did I say that? :noidea:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a team that drafts back to get a QB (at least not a team that drops SEVERAL places back). They draft back to get draft capital (or maybe get a nice player in return). Now, I'm sure they hope that a guy they want drops in their laps, but I imagine the whole point of dropping back is to gain assets and not to simply get a player they want now, later in the draft.
I think the thing is that once you get past the top 5 picks, you know that you're probably the only team interested in that QB. No need to bid against yourself. I remember people mocking Drew Lock to the Broncos in rd1 because they were rumored to be interested but I think they realized they were the only team interested so they let him fall quite a bit.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha ha...no worries. :D

actually i take it back... you did say it... you said that Broncos trade with the Packers, where the broncos trade back... so you did say it...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Nix is not worth it at 12 for the team, then he shouldnt be worth it at 25... thats my rule at least...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing is that once you get past the top 5 picks, you know that you're probably the only team interested in that QB. No need to bid against yourself. I remember people mocking Drew Lock to the Broncos in rd1 because they were rumored to be interested but I think they realized they were the only team interested so they let him fall quite a bit.
Yeah, it all just depends on where he is on your board. I think if the Broncos trade back into the 20's, I would imagine that Nix would be high on their list. He just seems like a Payton kind of guy. At that point, with the extra draft capital to trade back, he is a much cheaper/less risky pick to them. If you draft a QB in the top 10, you are likely riding that guy out for 3 seasons...even if it seems fairly clear he isn't your QB of the future.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually i take it back... you did say it... you said that Broncos trade with the Packers, where the broncos trade back... so you did say it...

No I didn't. I said the Broncos have the #25 pick because they traded picks with Green Bay. :L

I predicted they would use that pick to take Nix. That's all I said, I'm not sure why you are doubling down on this.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Nix is not worth it at 12 for the team, then he shouldnt be worth it at 25... thats my rule at least...

That doesn't make any sense. That means that any team that drafts Nix after their first pick or two is saying something derogatory about Nix because they didn't pick him earlier? :crazy: