• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Media

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing that most people don't see it as a big deal because the word REDSKIN doesn't carry the same vitriol that some people believe it carried a few generations ago. People hear it now and have an image of something like a warrior, not a racial slur/stereotype that some claim it to have been at one point in our nation's history.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rename the Washington Redskins - Grantland

Articles like this are probably one of the reasons their owner is so adamantly against changing the name.

I went to a concert once and there was a poet who had a piece asking why people were so hesitant to accept the Latino and Mexican community, stating how polite, hard working, and American they were. Then the next poem was about how people had to accept the above community because they were taking over and there was nothing you could do about it. Both had good points, but the juxtaposition of those two was ironic. I wonder if he noticed that. Yeah, if you are boastful to a group of declining, paranoid, and distrustful populace, the second song could be a major reason for the hesitancy.

Now, this author writes how the name will change and the owner will be forced to do it. How it is sad for him to use strong rejections of the idea because he will eat his words, if history proves right. I know you don't have to pander and beg the guy, but such boastful predictions are understandably resisted. It's hostile. I know people who hate the name don't care and think it should be hostile, but if it's a priority to quicken the time of the change, it seems there are maybe other ways. However, I do think short of mass loss, none of those will work.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
OH MY CRAP DONNOVAN MCNABB IS USELESS!!!

They're talkin' about what the best division in football is and this broad asks is the NFC West the best division in football; McNabb says, "No." And then goes on to say THE NFC FREEKING EAST is the best division in football. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I'm sick of useless former players trying to act like they are good at analyzing football. McNabb just cited the WORST division in football saying it's the best. Wow.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
OH MY CRAP DONNOVAN MCNABB IS USELESS!!!

They're talkin' about what the best division in football is and this broad asks is the NFC West the best division in football; McNabb says, "No." And then goes on to say THE NFC FREEKING EAST is the best division in football. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I'm sick of useless former players trying to act like they are good at analyzing football. McNabb just cited the WORST division in football saying it's the best. Wow.

I would still go with the AFC West as the worst division in football but I agree the NFC East always gets more hype than it deserves.

The excuse for the division is they beat each other up but other than the Giants going on two recent SB runs the rest of the division does jack in the playoffs.

What's bizarre is the NFC West as terrible as it has been has won at least one playoff game from the 04 season to the present.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yeah, the AFC West rivals the AFC East for the worst division in football, but :L at McNabb saying the AFC East is the best in football. That's just bonkers. Whoever hired him needs to be fired.

It was bad enough to have to put up with that overrated hack when he was in the NFL. I wish he'd just go away.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah, the AFC West rivals the AFC East for the worst division in football, but :L at McNabb saying the AFC East is the best in football. That's just bonkers. Whoever hired him needs to be fired.

It was bad enough to have to put up with that overrated hack when he was in the NFL. I wish he'd just go away.

At least they should take him off NFL Network's Playbook shows. He turned that show from something that I enjoyed tuning in to watch to something I have to fast forward when he gives his "analysis".

As far as his opinions it's on par with the dung heap that complies most former players turned "analysts" opinions.

McNabb belongs feels like he belongs with the guys ESPN has as they seem to be even a rung below the guys at NFL Network.

I mean I know I'm not getting hard hitting analytical ability from nearly most of these guys so at the very least be somewhat entertaining which at least the guys on Fox's pregame show and some of the NFL Network guys are.

AND at the very least be able to provide some good analysis for the position you played. As much hate as Deion, Irvin, Faulk, and Sapp get at the very least when they talk about the respective positions they played I pay attention because they actually know what they are talking about.

I would never know if McNabb played QB or not in the league. He has 0 meaningful insight when it comes to talking about being a QB and he ranks up there with Heath Evans as to what insight they actually bring on to the shows they are on with NFL Network.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As much hate as Deion, Irvin, Faulk, and Sapp get at the very least when they talk about the respective positions they played I pay attention because they actually know what they are talking about.

I agree with all of this except Sapp. Deion actually seems like a really smart guy (surprisingly). And he was made to be in front of a camera. Irvin doesn't seem extremely smart, but he has a ton of charisma & talks football really well. He's good at his job. He must have learned from L.T. that coke makes you do your job better. :) I like Faulk too. He seems smart, but he's a tad boring. I'll take that combo' over a charismatic dummy though.

Sapp is just a disaster IMO. I wish he'd go away.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sapp is just a disaster IMO. I wish he'd go away.

At the very least Sapp knows what he's talking about when it comes to the defensive line.

I mean I would much rather watch Sapp than Heath Evans, McNabb, Teddy Bruschi, and a heck of a lot of other guys in the media.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And to help my buddy McNabb as he's not the only one that has NFC East homerism in him.

From Pete "I can't believe he earns a paycheck for this" Prisco and his predictions for last season

Predicting every game: Pats go 16-0, lose in Super Bowl; sound familiar? - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy

Yea great call in those 3 teams from the NFC East making the playoffs which is made even more funny when none of those teams actually made the playoffs. So he somehow managed to pick 3 teams out of a 4 team division and all of them were wrong :L

The Pats going 16-0 was a nice touch as well Cards winning the NFC West not to mention the Ravens and 49ers missing the playoffs.

I know who I'm calling when I'm putting some money down on Vegas.......:rollseyes:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'm far from impressed with almost everybody the new Fox Sports 1 people have hired. Their ONLY gem hiring from what I've seen and knew from the get go was Charissa Thompson. It was ridiculous she was placed on one of ESPN's worst shows (SportsNation). But don't even get me started on network sports hirings. I get so angry when I think about it.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm far from impressed with almost everybody the new Fox Sports 1 people have hired. Their ONLY gem hiring from what I've seen and knew from the get go was Charissa Thompson. It was ridiculous she was placed on one of ESPN's worst shows (SportsNation). But don't even get me started on network sports hirings. I get so angry when I think about it.

Let it out pozz..... let it out. Not good to hold it all in. :gaah: :suds:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let it out pozz..... let it out. Not good to hold it all in. :gaah: :suds:

I forgot about Michael Strahan. He's not TOO bad of an interviewer and he seems smart enough and sounds like a hard worker with his new life so he may not be a bad hire with his new responsibilities outside of his work on the Sunday morning pre-game show. I'm finished now.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I forgot about Michael Strahan. He's not TOO bad of an interviewer and he seems smart enough and sounds like a hard worker with his new life so he may not be a bad hire with his new responsibilities outside of his work on the Sunday morning pre-game show. I'm finished now.

Feel better? :bounce:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm basically disinterested, but slightly curious...

How many not-whiteskins are there in this thread?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
More proof the NFL needs to fire whoever runs their website:

a9i3.jpg

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More proof the NFL needs to fire whoever runs their website:

a9i3.jpg

Yeah I went to the website after the game, and was like WTF. They didn't have it wrong in just one location. They had it wrong everywhere. While at the same time having highlights up of almost all our TDs.
Embarrassing for a site owned by the league. :laugh3: :L

Edit: not to mention showing a huge picture of QP running for a TD. Is it possible that whoever posts these things doesn't know what uniforms the team wears?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Aldon Smith not fined for knee to RGIII?s groin | ProFootballTalk

:L

Anyone that carefully watched the play again could see that Smith was off balance and bumped from behind causing his leg to raise up hence the reason there was no fine.

PFT continues to lose respectability in my eyes with their agenda pushing and questionable opinions that show they aren't really looking hard into things before commenting or reporting on them.