• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL General Board Mock Draft

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will work too Shopson. But what is emerging is the number of potential trade partners is dwindling because everyone is waring of what Snead and Fisher did to Washington. Cleveland ain't so ready to fork over a bunch of draft picks just to move up. And apparently neither is anyone else at this point in time. We may be stuck with the number 2 pick and have to make a decision.

It's early yet. Cleveland killed themselves last time by offering a lesser trade package, are they willing to risk it again? There's always Atlanta, who has an aggressive GM and a need for Clowney. I wouldn't expect a deal to be finalized until much closer to the draft, and possibly not until Houston makes their pick. So much hinges on which direction the Texans go (and how the combine affects the demand for QBs and Clowney).

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly taking a QB with the #2 pick would be as silly as taking Clowney.

How can you say that either of these players is a silly pick at #2? Bridgewater would sit probably a year, and then even in year 2 he wouldn't have to do much to be better than wennie boy. And Clowney will have an impact immediately for whatever team picks him. Atlanta isn't chomping at the bit for a player (Clowney) that they don't think will be a force immediately. You have to remember, DE is not a skill position. The transition from college to the NFL isn't nearly as difficult as say QB or WR. Write it down and hold me to what I say......Clowney will make one team happy they drafted him, and many others very very sorry they didn't move up to get him.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss, I am not debating whether Clowney will be a force in the NFL. My point is that he will see MAYBE 10 snaps a game as a Ram. That is why I feel that the Rams drafting Clowney at #2 would be silly. That being said, I would not be upset about it either really because I know how good he will be..does that make sense??

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of safety do the Rams need, btw?

Clinton-Dix and Pryor seems flexible enough to do whatever but its a really deep safety draft. The kid from Florida St fits more of a Honey Badger mold. The one from LSU is more of a box safety. The one from Stanford is a deep Centerfield guy. Not familiar with the one on Baylor or the one from North Carolina. The one from USC played with McDonald but we don't use McDonald like USC used McDonald.

Thoughts?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a fan of Loston from LSU from the beginning but he seems to have slipped a little. But I also like Bailey (USC), Reynolds (Stanford) in the middle rounds and a big fan (a little biased) of Ty Zimmerman (KSU) and also Tre Boston (UNC)... Optimally, I would like to see it play out where we picked up Pryor early and Zimmerman in round 5 or 6. I also think Williams will use McDonald more like he was used at USC, and that said, Bailey might be a great fit since those two have a connection.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Reynolds a lot. He seems the most explosive out of all of the safeties but all of his footage is being a centerfield safety like an Earl Thomas. In a cover 4 type defense, he seems like a good fit

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the one to say it, I don't think Clowney will ever be an elite pass rusher. He will probably be good but I don't think he will ever reach the JJ Watt category. He just doesn't seem to play for the love of the game. I've never met him so maybe I'm wrong but from the spectator's perspective thats what I see.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind if Quinn keeps playing like a beast we will soon have to resign him possibly at the biggest contract ever for a DE. We will not be able to afford Long too. Long isn't getting any younger. if the rams have to pick Clowney at 2, trading long for maybe a 2nd rd pick and dumping his pay would be a good option.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Williams I'm sure could figure out away to get all 3 of them on the field. maybe have Quinn line up all over the place, standing roaming and blitzing from all over.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we sure the Rams could get a 2nd for Long? If so I'm not necessarily opposed to that idea as much as I do like Long.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most comperable trade I can find to what we'd be talking about for Long was Jared Allen going from KC to Minnesota. KC traded DE Jared Allen and the 187th pick to Vikings for the 17th, 73rd, 82nd, and 182nd pick.

Now Long wouldn't get quite the haul Allen did but it wouldn't be too terribly far off. It might be a good idea to make this trade prior to draft day if its the plan. If the Rams draft Clowney while still having Long and Quinn on the roster teams will know they need to make a trade and try to use that as leverage against the Rams.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing the easiest way to trade Long would involve a contract going the other way and a pick. I doubt anyone would just take on that money and give up a good pick.

If Fisher drafts Jake Matthews, would it be the first time that someone has coached a father and his son?

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who the heck is Morgan Moses, clayton? o.o

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a fan of Morgan Moses as well.... he seems to be a very versatile guy

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all in on Morgan Moses, also. Coincidentally, I was singing his praises to one of my draft buddies last night.

Of course, every time I like someone with no fanfare early, his draft stock begins to rise!!!

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I cant really disagree with SJ76 on this one. But in all honesty Bradford wont survive another injury so for me I want to get an OT like Mathews or Robinson, preferably Mathews. BUT If Watkins isn't there at 13, I would love to see us get Evans or Lee if we go for WR. He's right, we need a #1 guy and all three(Evans,Watkins andLee) have proven they're #1's. I also wouldn't mind Mack, Mosley or Dix either.

1: Mathews/Evans
2: Mathews/Dix
3: Mathews/Mack
4: Watkins/Dix
5: Mack/Dix