• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL General Board Mock Draft

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7sWIwZ0e64

most of these him beating CBs deep. but even when he doesn't he's elusive and running by them.

AND let's not forget how big Torry and Isaac were. Both weren't as tall or as thick or as fast. So I don't want to hear he's not a #1 WR. Someone is going to get a massive improvement at WR.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTH? In two short months, we have gone from dismissing Matthews AND Watkins and are thinking that Clowney is the guy?? Some of you have cabin fever or something. The offense needs help. We can't wish into prominence. We have to have the talent just like on the D or we will be right back here next year saying the very same things.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still on the Watkins bandwagon, despite his usage this year. I just don't want him to be picked at #2; Rams need to trade down a bit and take him after adding more picks/assets.

OT can be taken a little later. This is a pretty deep draft for the OL.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will work too Shopson. But what is emerging is the number of potential trade partners is dwindling because everyone is waring of what Snead and Fisher did to Washington. Cleveland ain't so ready to fork over a bunch of draft picks just to move up. And apparently neither is anyone else at this point in time. We may be stuck with the number 2 pick and have to make a decision.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been of the opinion we need to go OT and S in round 1. To me those are our 2 biggest needs. Matthews or Robinson and then either Dix or Pryor would be perfect in my eyes.. I think after trades and picking up more 2nds and 3rds, there are going to be multiple ways we could go... GAWD, I am so excited.

Listen, I would not be upset if we chose Watkins at all.... dude will be a STUD!! I just want to clarify that. Personally if we go the way of Watkins, we MUST draft either Dix or Pryor with the other 1st round pick and then look at OT and OG in the 2nd and 3rd.... MUST, HAVE TO, PERIOD!!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will make more than one trade down from #2 and end up at #6 or #8. I would not be opposed to drafting Watkins between #6 and #8, especially because it means we will have picked up a couple extra 2nds and 3rds to look at OT, OG and OLB.

Imagine something like this:

Watkins at 6
Pryor at 13
Gabe Jackson and Antonio Richardson in the 2nd
Craig Loston and Jimmy Garappolo in the 3rd
Adrian Hubbard in the 4th...

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happens if watkins meets seattle? has he ever been around a secondary that just goes headhunting? im not that familiar with Clemons schedule.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see it SJ. I can't see the Rams taking yet another WR with that high a pick. And even if they did, would Shottenheimer even know what to do with him. We see how he misused Tavon Austin last year. I don't care how much @#$@ I take for saying it, but our biggest need to upgrade is at QB, so if we took a QB with that pick I wouldn't be unhappy. But I don't see that happening either, and I just don't know how you pass on a stud like Clowney. I know we have our DL set already. But this guy is going to be something special--another Julius Peppers or Javon Kearse, only better. He'll be planting QBs in this league for a long time. I remember when Mario Williams was the 1st pick of the Texans and everybody said they were crazy. How did that work out for them? Clowney is potentially better than any of those guys. As far as motivation is concerned.....yeah, he took some plays off in college. When you're that good the tendency is to become complacent from time to time, it's just human nature. With the level of competition in the NFL that will challenge him every week, and a DC like Greg Williams pushing his buttons, I think he'll respond accordingly. WRs come and go---they're a dime a dozen. You don't see a guy like this very often. Arguably the single biggest game changing position on defense is DE, and we'd have two of them with Quinn on one side and Clowney on the other. You're looking at a potential of 30 sacks just between the two of them. In a league where most teams live or die by the pass, how do you say no to that?

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Im just having fun out there. If you can get what will likely be the #1 overall pick at #9, you go for it

im just saying you maybe would have gotten him a 13 :lame:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea KSUDodgers. My point is we have to help the offense or we are going to limp along like we did this year. And Boss and KSU, if Shittenheimer doesn't know how to use a guy like Watkins, what makes you think he is going to suddenly know what to do with a Green or any other WR's we pick-up later on?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just saying you maybe would have gotten him a 13 :lame:
Maybe. I didn't want to be taking Pryor at 13 when Ill be able to get a S of the same caliber in rd 2 so I figured it was worth the risk.

Imo, the plan in real life is going to be to trade down from 2 and stockpile a pick next year so that if Bradford doesn't work out, then the Rams can trade up and take Mariota or Winston next year. Since I couldn't trade down in this mock draft, I couldn't stockpile a pick so I needed to get a QB prospect that could theoretically be as good or better than Bradford

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't try to copy Seattle's blueprint. Make your own.

Keep putting together a good D, but go big on offense and run the ball. If we get Watkins, we have some serious talent on offense. Without him, we have Givens, Quick, Pettis, and the 2 mountaineers.

Our offense has been shit for long? I'm not saying GSOT, I'm saying dam close. And I'm NOT worried about Seattle on the turf at the dome, I only worry about Seattle in Seattle. I'm not worried about any opponent at home with some more weapons. We've seen it before.

We need more talent on offense. Like retro said, wishing ain't gonna get it done.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yeah Boss, they could take Bridgewater. I doubt it but they could.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly taking a QB with the #2 pick would be as silly as taking Clowney.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly taking a QB with the #2 pick would be as silly as taking Clowney.

Yeah, because looking beyond this season is just stupid.

Let's just draft for the here and now. That's how GM's lose their jobs.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COme on ALR, you know what I mean. Why draft Bridgewater or Clowney when you know they will get limited to no snaps in meaningful games when you can draft Matthews, Barr, Mack even SJ's man crush Watkins at #2 and have immediate impact AND impact for at least a decade.

I never said do not draft a QB sir... I said do not waste the #2 pick on a QB. I am a firm believer that we will draft a QB in rounds 3,4 or 5 to develop and push (and maybe pass) Bradford.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COme on ALR, you know what I mean. Why draft Bridgewater or Clowney when you know they will get limited to no snaps in meaningful games when you can draft Matthews, Barr, Mack even SJ's man crush Watkins at #2 and have immediate impact AND impact for at least a decade.

I never said do not draft a QB sir... I said do not waste the #2 pick on a QB. I am a firm believer that we will draft a QB in rounds 3,4 or 5 to develop and push (and maybe pass) Bradford.

I'm in no way advocating a QB at #2, but to say Clowney wouldn't have impact right away is crazy.

I would be fine with Matthews and a safety in the 1st, but I don't see Fisher taking an OT at #2.

I am hoping for a trade down personally and see where they pick from there to get an idea who will be available. Problem is, that might not happen until they are on the clock because no one knows what Houston is going to do.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE could easily take a guy like Mettenberger in the 3rd or 4th round.