• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NFL. Free agency tracker thread 2024

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs have the best DT and Best Qb that tells me teams can afford anything..It's going be hard to get any good Free Agent to come and play for the commanders.even with our new coaches

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs have the best DT and Best Qb that tells me teams can afford anything..It's going be hard to get any good Free Agent to come and play for the commanders.even with our new coaches

It may be hard to get elite free agents, but i think we land some good ones. Besides, we about to build through the draft. Just watch

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big thanks in advance to kbso and skinsdad for free agency play by play tomorrow and thru the free agency madness.

Also, to the folks who jump in from time to time as well, thanks.
Tomorrow will be fun as it's the first day our front office is on display.

Thanks
@skinsdad62
@kbso83432

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big thanks in advance to kbso and skinsdad for free agency play by play tomorrow and thru the free agency madness.

Also, to the folks who jump in from time to time as well, thanks.
Tomorrow will be fun as it's the first day our front office is on display.

Thanks
@skinsdad62
@kbso83432
Definitely going to have a clearer picture of draft needs. I'll do my best.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited, but honestly, we might be pretty quiet tomorrow.
Could be.
Like I said, the bulk of the signings of significance are done in the first 72 hours.
I think we come out swinging.
Not with money and stupid contracts, but players.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be.
Like I said, the bulk of the signings of significance are done in the first 72 hours.
I think we come out swinging.
Not with money and stupid contracts, but players.
I'm hoping we get an EDGE early. I like Queen, but he wasn't responsible for setting up the defense. Roquan did that.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So NE taking QB. If they want Maye, they can trade up 1 spot with us and take him. In return I want your 2nd and next years 2nd.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping we get an EDGE early. I like Queen, but he wasn't responsible for setting up the defense. Roquan did that.
Agree.
However, we have the worst LB corps in the nfl.
Peters and Newmark won't sleep tonight.

I am positive they have a solid plan, but they can't predict the money that will be offered by other teams.

I do think 2 larger contracts will be given: One OLine and one on defense.

To me, we will have to utilize free agency simply to fill the numerous holes Rivera left us. That doesn't mean a top free agent must be signed. Unfortunately, the draft can't solve 100% of our problems at this time. I figure we will use a phased approach.

Phase 1
Stop the bleeding, drive toward being competitive on the field, start winning the fans back.

Free agent heavy..quantity
Draft heavy..best player available at position of need. Use the draft to establish a core and build the future.

Phase 2
Stabilize and be strategic in addressing needs. Transition into consistently fielding a winning team and getting in the playoffs.

Free agent balance approach with some quantity but mostly quality. Target only a few players and begin to resign your own.
Draft balance...best player available and best player available at a position of need.

Phase 3
Transition to being an elite team. Winning the division and advancing in the playoffs each year.

Free agency is used to resign your own or to target an elite player at a position of need.
Draft best player available and use the draft to establish depth on the roster.

We are phase 1 clearly in this model.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.
However, we have the worst LB corps in the nfl.
Peters and Newmark won't sleep tonight.

I am positive they have a solid plan, but they can't predict the money that will be offered by other teams.

I do think 2 larger contracts will be given: One OLine and one on defense.

To me, we will have to utilize free agency simply to fill the numerous holes Rivera left us. That doesn't mean a top free agent must be signed. Unfortunately, the draft can't solve 100% of our problems at this time. I figure we will use a phased approach.

Phase 1
Stop the bleeding, drive toward being competitive on the field, start winning the fans back.

Free agent heavy..quantity
Draft heavy..best player available at position of need. Use the draft to establish a core and build the future.

Phase 2
Stabilize and be strategic in addressing needs. Transition into consistently fielding a winning team and getting in the playoffs.

Free agent balance approach with some quantity but mostly quality. Target only a few players and begin to resign your own.
Draft balance...best player available and best player available at a position of need.

Phase 3
Transition to being an elite team. Winning the division and advancing in the playoffs each year.

Free agency is used to resign your own or to target an elite player at a position of need.
Draft best player available and use the draft to establish depth on the roster.

We are phase 1 clearly in this model.
I'm really interested in seeing what they do about Curl and Fuller. St. Juste is a big, physical corner that Quinn loves. Maybe he bounces back. He's always been better on the outside than in the slot.

Edge, MLB, and right tackle is what I'm looking for. I fully expect them to go LT with 36 or 40. I don't see them starting two rookie tackles. I certainly hope Wylie isn't their plan for RT either. Bringing Lucas III back would be an underrated yet key re-sign imo.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really interested in seeing what they do about Curl and Fuller. St. Juste is a big, physical corner that Quinn loves. Maybe he bounces back. He's always been better on the outside than in the slot.

Edge, MLB, and right tackle is what I'm looking for. I fully expect them to go LT with 36 or 40. I don't see them starting two rookie tackles. I certainly hope Wylie isn't their plan for RT either. Bringing Lucas III back would be an underrated yet key re-sign imo.
Good points.

There will need to be balance in the approach for sure. We do have cap space, but not billions.

I like the primary targets of mlb, Edge, and RT. I would add center in there.

I think curl is gone. I don't think we should dump a large chunk of our cap into the safety position but that is my opinion.

I am sure KC has called peters and dangled snead now that jones got paid. Unless they manipulate the cap like the golden state warriors.