• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft Game for Broncos

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rules are fairly straightforward (and cut and pasted from the link) - choose the player you think the Broncos will choose at the given spot ..

You are allowed to predict trades, both picks and current players ...

Here is how we'll score it:

+10 points for picking the correct player at the correct spot

+5 points for the correct player but at the wrong spot

+3 points for the correct position at the correct spot

- Added bonus for trades

+5 points for trading the pick ( either up or down )

+10 points for correct trade position

- AS PER NFL RULES, COMPENSATORY PICKS CAN BE TRADED!

- Undrafted Free Agents

Pick 5 UDFAs

+3 points for each correct player

+1 point if you pick a player during the draft and we sign him as a free agent ... Also, if you pick a player as an UDFA and we take him during the draft, you also get 1 point ...

OK, let's get to it:

Cut and Paste this and fill it out and mark any predicted trade with an *...

1.15 -
2.46 -
3.77 -
3.83 -
3.95 -
4.137 -
5.178 -
6.181 -
7.252 -
7.254 -

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to suggest the first 2 days allowing close to real time drafting.

I could post a message maybe two teams before the broncos pick.
You can post up until I call it times up.

this is more like the broncos would draft.

The third day is too unpredictable.

what do you think? Feel free to add to the suggestion.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds fun CEH. Although I don’t know that everyone always be online two picks before the Broncos pick. Might give people who know nothing like me a better chance though. ;)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds fun CEH. Although I don’t know that everyone always be online two picks before the Broncos pick. Might give people who know nothing like me a better chance though. ;)

What else they gotta do?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can post just like normal if you want. I'll use the closest post to the cut off date.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can post just like normal if you want. I'll use the closest post to the cut off date.

I will warn people though there is a good chance the Broncos trade up this year so waiting until 2 picks beforehand could spell doom. So just keep that in mind if you are waiting until the last second possible.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I would post like normal to have a valid pick.

care to speculate on a trade up target player ?

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I would post like normal to have a valid pick.

care to speculate on a trade up target player ?
It’s going to be Ruggs. Elway is so impulsively predictable.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we cannot edit I will fill mine out closer to draft time

We can have two threads working thread and final one you change not often:suds:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.15 - Ruggs
2.46 -
3.77 -
3.83 -
3.95 -
4.137 -
5.178 -
6.181 -
7.252 -
7.254 -

Carl gave me the reason this morning why Denver will go Riggs.Our QB will not make him wait for the football!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will work backwards from the cut off date and take the first one I find.

post ten times if you want .

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in.

I see the draft very differently that CD - trading up is not a value proposition for the Broncos to get a WR. I think they are more likely to stay at 15 or trade down.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay where we are at We will get a great DT,WR or LT we are going see at least one of those drop.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still take the CB C.J. HENDERSON also

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.15 - Jerry Jeudy, WE, Alabama - my favorite is Lamb, everyone else will pick Ruggs, so Jeudy it is!
2.46 - Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn, - Iggy was a great defender in Denver (Nuggets that is) As will this Iggy be a great defender.
3.77 - Logan Wilson, LB, Wyomimg - Cowboys don't often have as good an athlete as Wilson, but phsical ability plus leadership skills makes him a future defensive captain.
3.83 - Davon Hamilton, DT, Ohio State - the pipeline continues from Buckeye country
3.95 - Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina - this is the spot there are going to be some WRs sliding - and Broncos jump to get their secnd WR. (and I'm just guessing Edwards is one of the sliders)
4.137 -Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin - injuries and view of less atheticism sees him drop from where he was projected earlier. But still a bright, solid player that can be a starter for several years. (besides there are no injured TEs from Big 10 this year, so let's take a Big 10 OL. Close enough)
5.178 - Jack Driscoll, OT, Auburn - Southeast regional scouts have been super busy and apparently have the loudest voices in the room.
6.181 - AJ Green, CB, Oklahoma State - yea, maybe he isn't here at this point, but sometimes you gotta just throw names out there for the sake of the contest. ;)
7.252 - Cole McDonald, QB, Hawaii - bringing in a QB late to see what he has is never a bad idea. And McDonald has a stronger arm than Rypien. PS prospect.
7.254 -Calvin Throckmorton, OG/OC, Oregon - four year starter, and gave up very few sacks in his career. Worth a flyer.

I'll change my mind multiple times, but here's my current thinking. I'm 100% sure Elway will make a trade or two, but that's awfully challenging to predict so I went with current spots.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.

Round 1- Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama - I was going to go with Jeudy but I don't want to let George down though by his "Everyone will have Henry Ruggs", comment, plus if I pick Jeudy here and we take him I don't want my name mentioned next to George's anyway. ;).. Could be a trade up, could stay at #15, or we may even move down.

Round 2- Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois- I don't think this is the position everyone expects and that is sorta why I am doing it. Chinn is the type of player that we need on defense. He can cover the TE, cover as a LB, hit like a LB, speed like a S, hit like a S. He is the total package, and I think a guy like Vic Fangio loathes to add a Jeremy Chinn on the field. Someone he can use in so many different ways. I feel like this is the type of player Fangio will fall in love with.

Round 3- Lucas Niang, OT, TCU- Some have him higher, I don't like him in Round 2... Hard to tell where he will go, but I can tell you this.. We have a need at OT, and John Elway loves TCU OL. He signs one dang near every year, and we have two undrafted TCU OL on our roster right now (Patrick Morris and Austin Schlotman) If there is anything I have ever learned about John Elway it is A. He can't develop a QB B. He likes to go back to the same schools for talent. Reminds me a little bit of Belicheat like that.

Round 3- Amrik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech- Another college Elway likes to draft/sign players from. Robertson might be the best cover CB in this draft. IMO, no player in this draft will cover the slot in the NFL like Robertson. He falls because of size.. Many have a 4th round grade on him because of it. I feel like Denver is famous for taking CB's in Round 3 in which the majority of people have a lesser grade on them. Make no mistake. Robertson is a first round talent if he is 2 inches taller. This is the closest player in the draft to Chris Harris, IMO. I know Callahan can man the slot, but something tells me he is a short term solution with injury history. This pick also still gives young CB's like Yiadom, Dawson etc a chance to develop into something without depending on a top 2 round CB from the start. Ideally my vision is that we take a CB in Round 2 as there are so many CB's that fall in that 20-40 range of good value, but I am doing a little something different with this contest. I want to be as different from George as I can. ;)

Round 3- Gabriel Davis, WR, Central Florida- Could swap him and Robertson's draft position here, but either way. We get the speed guy in Round 1, and we get the bigger/physical/dependable Davis here in Round 3. I thin like Robertson, Davis is one of the most underrated players in this draft. Most have him in Round 4... I have him in Round 3. I wouldn't be shocked if he went a little earlier then this even. Initially had I gone with Jeudy in Round 1, I was going to go with Tulane WR Darnell Mooney early on day 3 as my second WR... He would fill the speed WR.. Mooney is really a later round version of KJ Hamler. I decided to go this route for now... Can we do two entry's? (I kid)

Round 4- Tyler Biadsz, C, Wisconsin- Another player whose stock is very hard to judge this year. I contemplated Nick Harris here and even moreso Matt Hennessey in Round 3. I could see Elway sneaking a Biadsz like pick early on day 3. Reminds me a little bit of Josey Jewell whose stock was all over the board and then Elway got him at a good value in Round 4. If we really love Patrick Morris as much as we say we do, then center may be a position we wait more for early day 3, then the end of day 2. Biadszis one of many players in this draft whose stock is really hard to judge right now. He was very accomplished in college, but his lack of physical tools like Josey Jewell may slide him to early day 3. Let's hope for our sake we can get him here. That would be tremendous value.

Round 5- Jonathan Garvin, OLB, Miami (FL)- Garvin has been inconsistent his entire career at Miami. But he has a load of potential. He can fit in a 4-3 or a 3-4. I like him as developmental edge rusher in the NFL. He may not be ready right away, but he is pure talent. I see him as a boom or bust type of NFL player, and there is a good spot for a guy like Garvin. He has day 2 talent, but slides to day 3 because of inconsistent play. I wasn't real sure what I wanted to do here because I had another plan for the last few rounds, but I feel like at some point I have to have a DL or LB go in this mock. Thought about Utah LB Francis Bernard here, but he isn't quite the tackler that Fangio is looking for at the LB spot, IMO. Thought about Charlotte OLB Alex Highsmit here but I think he goes earlier. At this point does it matter? It is like finding a needle in the hay stack and I ll be more lucky if I hit on the right position then the player at this stage.

Round 6- Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan State- I think this guy will play in the NFL for a very long time. Not at a pro bowl level, but a guy who is very dependable, good person, high motor, can be used multiple ways. Nearly declared last year. I don't think he helped his stock any this year, but a quality player/person in the late rounds of this draft. Like everyone else I have in this mock I won't be surprised if he goes a tad bit earlier, but why mock someone to us that you don't like or think may drop later? :) What fun is that? Denver will do enough selecting of players we all had dropping further in the draft then they end up selecting them anyway. Also considered Texas DL Malcolm Roach and LSU LB Jacob Phillips here. I think Phillips could be a special teams deamon in this league and in Round 6 that is a graet pick.

Round 7- James Morgan, QB, Florida International- I think Morgan ends up going a little higher than this, but I am taking him here for two reason. 1. I could see Elway wanting to take a QB in the 7th (we probably trade these picks away anyway) so it fills a position I think we possibly go in Round 7, and 2. I feel like Morgan has the tools Elway desires in a QB, so if he goes go QB in that Round 6 range I think James Morgan could be the guy, so I compromised here for the sake of trying to pick up some points. Take a QB in Round 7 because I think it is very possible knowing Elway and 2. Taking James Morgan because I think he is the type of QB Elway loves late in the draft, with the arm strength but has away to go on accuracy. We have our future QB anyway, so this is more as a developmental backup type. Morgan has the tools to play with. Also consider Jake Luton QB Oregon State late for Elway.

Round 7- Grayland Arnold, CB, Baylor- Because he has some length and the first CB we took doesn't. Arnold has good upside, and length to work with. I still like Duke Dawson as a depth CB and I haven't totally give up on Yiadom here. Arnold can sit on the PS if he has to because we still have Bausby who looked pretty decent before his injury last year. It's our last pick of the draft.. What are the odds Ill hit this one? I am mostly taking him because he was my target in my 7 round mock and I fell one pick shy of getting him. So why not? Also considered here Michael Divinity JR, LB, LSU.. But he has the red flag and I think he is a 4-3 OLB, not so much a 3-4 as he isn't a great pass rusher.

Undrafted Free Agent signings (If we are still doing this as bonus points, in the past we did 5)
1. Luke Juriga, C, Western Michigan
2. Arlington Hambright, OT, Colorado
3. Cole Habib, OT, Northern Arizona
4. Jordan Glasgow, LB, Michigan
5. Dante Olson, LB, Montana

Here are some late Round players I really think Elway may target. Just feels like Elway type of players to me. (No bonus here, just me rambling)
James Morgan, QB, Florida International
James Smith-Williams, OLB, North Carolina State (Smart with great length, Elway likes this no talk, just play the game type. This is why I think he often comes to Iowa because Kirk Ferentz builds players like this)
Darnell Mooney, WR, Tulane If we don't get that Ruggs, Reagor, Hamler speed type WR early. I have a gut feeling Mooney's name could come scrolling across the board for us on day 3.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#15 CJ Henderson in a slight trade up with SF. They can have our 5th.