• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft, 2024

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Buffalo wanted him. B/c once we took Pearsall, Buffalo traded back out of the first round.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the best players still available:

DT Johnny Newton
DT Braden Fiske
DT Kris Jenkins
DE Chris Braswell
IOL Zach Frazier
IOL Cooper Beebe
IOL Christian Haynes
IOL Jackson Powers Johnson
IOL Dominick Puni
OT Patrick Paul
OT Blake Fisher
OT Roger Rosengarten
OT Christian Jones
OT/OG Kingsley Suamataia
OT/OG Kiran Amegadjie
CB Kool-aid Mckinstry
CB Mike Sainristil
CB Cam Hart
S Cooper DeJean
LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr
TE Jatavion sanders
TE Ben Sinnot

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous first round pick by the 49ers. they don't have a place to play this guy and they had so many other areas of greater need.
Completely disagree. There are two GLARING needs on this team given contract situations within the next year+, WR and CB. If they aren't getting rid of either Aiyuk or Deebo, they just made their WR corps stronger with a guy that can get open playing man, the one thing Deebo couldn't do in the Super Bowl. JJ is gone next season, probably to a contract paying him upwards of 10 mil. This gives offensive firepower now and in the future bc the plus to Pearsall was that he was the best route runner in this class.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder if Buffalo wanted him. B/c once we took Pearsall, Buffalo traded back out of the first round.

Completely disagree. There are two GLARING needs on this team given contract situations within the next year+, WR and CB. If they aren't getting rid of either Aiyuk or Deebo, they just made their WR corps stronger with a guy that can get open playing man, the one thing Deebo couldn't do in the Super Bowl. JJ is gone next season, probably to a contract paying him upwards of 10 mil. This gives offensive firepower now and in the future bc the plus to Pearsall was that he was the best route runner in this class.
Yes we added 'firepower' but skill players struggle without good O-lines. The "glaring need" is what almost everyone knew, the O-line starting with OT. If not OT, then at least Center. If the O-line play is inconsistent/spotty Purdy will be inconsistent. If Purdy is inconsistent, Pearsall is inconsistent along with all other skill players.

If you want to consider next season and beyond that's good, but more so we had to address O-line.

IF Pearsall is OUR clear BPA, then i would be fine but so far haven't read enough to convince me he was?! If...IF they do make a trade now then i can somewhat see the bigger picture, so we'll see? This won't make Pearsall our BPA, but saying we'll then know there was a larger plan 'under the table'.

Last edited:

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another of Kyle's "I'll show everyone how smart I am" mistakes. The team has serious needs at OL, CB, etc. McKinstry was there, Powers-Johnson was there, we had out choice of DTs and we could've just traded down as well. But NO. What do we do? We take a WR that most had rated as a late 2nd round player. This was a full round reach imo. It would make more sense if we had traded Deebo, but that probably isn't going to happen this year (cap reasons), and even if we had traded Deebo, it's still a big reach for Pearsall.

The guy is 6'1, 190 and he'll be 24 when the season starts. Overall, this pick feels like AJ Jenkins or Dante Pettis all over again. Unless the guy turns out to be a faster version of Cooper Kupp, this has bust written all over it.

On the plus side of this:
--A natural athlete, very athletic, the kind who could excel in almost any sport
--Pearsall can play inside and outside and can also return punts and kicks
--I've seen him rated as the 40-something best player in the draft
--Pearsall had good reviews at the Senior Bowl
--He posted impressive numbers at the Combine, recording a 4.41-second time in the 40-yard dash, a vertical jump of 42 inches (1/2 away from best among WRs), a broad jump of 10 feet, 9 inches, a 6.64-second three-cone drill time (best among WRs), 17 reps on the bench press, and a 20-yard shuttle time of 4.05 seconds.
--He scored 9.9 in the Relative Athletic Score test (out of a possible 10)
--Runs great routes and knows how to gain separation
--Has great hands, rarely drops a pass
--He's known was a tough player who can block and run after the catch (both necessary things for the Niner WRs)
--Players like CJ Stroud and BA loved the pick.

I disagree with the first paragraph of your response other than CB being a serious need. There are probably 5-6 Centers in this draft that could replace Brendel as an upgrade by the BYE week. Every OT that was left at this point in the draft is a developmental pick. With the run of offensive players in the first round, there are PLENTY of DL and CB prospects left to get serious talent in rounds 2 and 3. What there isn't depth in this draft is at WR, where a combo of tons of WRs going in round 1 coupled with a shallower talent pool, makes picking a WR make sense. Pearsall is an unbelievable athlete who can get open in man coverage and was considered around the 40th overall player. If you watched CJ Stroud's response or the fact that Bill Bellichek called this pick before it was announced, you will get a feel how good this kid could be. The only knock on him is that he is 24 already.

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we added 'firepower' but skill players struggle without good O-lines. Starting with Purdy, no matter how good he is the O-line needs to be consistent. If Purdy goes inconsistent, Pearsall is inconsistent.

If you want to consider next season and beyond, that's good but more so we had to address O-line.

IF Pearsall is OUR clear BPA, then i'd be fine but so far haven't read enough to convince me he s?!

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the best players still available:

DT Johnny Newton
DT Braden Fiske
DT Kris Jenkins
DE Chris Braswell
IOL Zach Frazier
IOL Cooper Beebe
IOL Christian Haynes
IOL Jackson Powers Johnson
IOL Dominick Puni
OT Patrick Paul
OT Blake Fisher
OT Roger Rosengarten
OT Christian Jones
OT/OG Kingsley Suamataia
OT/OG Kiran Amegadjie
CB Kool-aid Mckinstry
CB Mike Sainristil
CB Cam Hart
S Cooper DeJean
LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr
TE Jatavion sanders
TE Ben Sinnot
CB Andru Phillips
CB Renardo Green
CB DJ James
C Beax Limmer
C Hunter Nourgad
C Tanor Bortolini
C Sedrick Van Pran
G Zac Zinter

Everyone that I just named could potentially start this season with the exception of Zac Zinter who is coming off an injury. CB are projected at NCB, which plays most of the time in our defense. There is still plenty of talent in this draft.

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pearsall is a good player but should he have been our top pick?

So far i'm not convinced, i'll keep reading.
What will you need to see to convince you? His only weakness is his age, 24. He has gotten better every year, he tests off the charts athletically, he is arguably the best route runner in the class, he can play inside or outside, he can field punts, he is tough and an able/willing blocker, he was considered roughly the 40th best player, and according to John and Kyle, fits our system to a T. What do you need to read?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
CB Andru Phillips
CB Renardo Green
CB DJ James
C Beax Limmer
C Hunter Nourgad
C Tanor Bortolini
C Sedrick Van Pran
G Zac Zinter

Everyone that I just named could potentially start this season with the exception of Zac Zinter who is coming off an injury. CB are projected at NCB, which plays most of the time in our defense. There is still plenty of talent in this draft.
Yes, there is still talent to draft so we'll see how this CLASS shapes up?

For some reason i feel like the 4th round is where we'll get good value?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What will you need to see to convince you? His only weakness is his age, 24. He has gotten better every year, he tests off the charts athletically, he is arguably the best route runner in the class, he can play inside or outside, he can field punts, he is tough and an able/willing blocker, he was considered roughly the 40th best player, and according to John and Kyle, fits our system to a T. What do you need to read?
I guess its also about who else we should've taken?

If another player had even more value, more talent in another position?

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the first paragraph of your response other than CB being a serious need. There are probably 5-6 Centers in this draft that could replace Brendel as an upgrade by the BYE week. Every OT that was left at this point in the draft is a developmental pick. With the run of offensive players in the first round, there are PLENTY of DL and CB prospects left to get serious talent in rounds 2 and 3. What there isn't depth in this draft is at WR, where a combo of tons of WRs going in round 1 coupled with a shallower talent pool, makes picking a WR make sense. Pearsall is an unbelievable athlete who can get open in man coverage and was considered around the 40th overall player. If you watched CJ Stroud's response or the fact that Bill Bellichek called this pick before it was announced, you will get a feel how good this kid could be.
I give that no weight at all b/c All of those talking heads have earpieces in that feed them who the pick is well before it is actually announced by the commish. After getting some backlash a few years ago, the draft shows quit tipping the picks early, but it looks like Belicheater went off script. Notice how the rest of the guys on the set reacted like stirred up ants when he blurted out "Pearsall."

The only knock on him is that he is 24 already.
Not The only knock. He's under 6 foot one. He weighed in under 190 pounds. At Florida, he played mostly in the slot, not outside.

Pearsall has plenty going in his favor (the senior bowl, the combine, route running, hands, durability), but essentially no one projected him to go in the first round. That reeks of Kyle's Dante Pettis debacle. The good news is that we didn't trade up for him this time.

As of now, we just spent a 1st rd pick on our 4th WR and PR, who might be our #2 WR next year. Sure, Aiyuk and JJ are entering the last year of their deals, so WR certainly was a need for the future, but we need help at other positions this season.

The good news is that The draft isn't over yet. Kyle and Lynch can still pull a rabbit out of their hat and actually try to upgrade the team and/or fill holes with our remaining picks.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't see us trading BA. OTOH, I could see us moving Deebo, but if that is going to happen, it'll be very early in rd 2. Once we get to the middle of rd 2, I think the window for trading either of them is closed b/c we won't be able to get any real 2024 value for them.

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give that no weight at all b/c All of those talking heads have earpieces in that feed them who the pick is well before it is actually announced by the commish. After getting some backlash a few years ago, the draft shows quit tipping the picks early, but it looks like Belicheater went off script. Notice how the rest of the guys on the set reacted like stirred up ants when he blurted out "Pearsall."

Not The only knock. He's under 6 foot one. He weighed in under 190 pounds. At Florida, he played mostly in the slot, not outside.

Pearsall has plenty going in his favor (the senior bowl, the combine, route running, hands, durability), but essentially no one projected him to go in the first round. That reeks of Kyle's Dante Pettis debacle. The good news is that we didn't trade up for him this time.

As of now, we just spent a 1st rd pick on our 4th WR and PR, who might be our #2 WR next year. Sure, Aiyuk and JJ are entering the last year of their deals, so WR certainly was a need for the future, but we need help at other positions this season.

The good news is that The draft isn't over yet. Kyle and Lynch can still pull a rabbit out of their hat and actually try to upgrade the team and/or fill holes with our remaining picks.
Difference being that Pearsall was doing his work in the SEC, which is as "pro ready" as you will find in college football. To point to where a rookie would fall on the depth chart of a SB contending team on day one in order to project value on the pick is silly. Do Pearsall see him taking over and potentially upgrading our 3rd WR spot that JJ will assuredly be leaving next year? I do. Do you see him providing serious depth to a position where we have none? I do. KR/PR? We no longer have Ray Ray so check.

Would it have been my 1st pick? Nope, but this is where we simply have to trust the brain-trust that put together the most talented roster in the NFL today.

What other positions do we need help on THIS year? C? There are 6 C in this draft that can beat out Brendel by the bye week. NCB? I predict that gets covered in either R2/3. OT? None of the OT left at 31 would have been able to beat out McKivitz this season based on them being developmental picks. DL? We went on a spending spree in the offseason so whomever we drafted at 31 would have been in the same predicament as Pearsall is to the WR corps.

Curious, if you had control of the war room last night, who would you have gone with and why?

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess its also about who else we should've taken?

If another player had even more value, more talent in another position?
If you were the GM of the Niners, who would you have taken at 31 then?

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
niner outlaw,they really trading the two top wrs?i understand samel,but aiyuk too?

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference being that Pearsall was doing his work in the SEC, which is as "pro ready" as you will find in college football. To point to where a rookie would fall on the depth chart of a SB contending team on day one in order to project value on the pick is silly. Do Pearsall see him taking over and potentially upgrading our 3rd WR spot that JJ will assuredly be leaving next year? I do. Do you see him providing serious depth to a position where we have none? I do. KR/PR? We no longer have Ray Ray so check.
To justify this pick, Pearsall will need to be a real contributor. No depth. Not the PR. A real WR. Considering how little we pass the ball, this is almost a redshirt year for the 4th WR.
Would it have been my 1st pick? Nope, but this is where we simply have to trust the brain-trust that put together the most talented roster in the NFL today.
Kyle hit it right with Aiyuk and Deebo. He missed with Pettis, Gray, and Hurd. We have to hope that this pick falls into the first group rather than the second. It's clear that Kyle has a type he's looking for, but it's worse than 50/50 for him being able to pick them out. Fingers crossed.

What other positions do we need help on THIS year? C? There are 6 C in this draft that can beat out Brendel by the bye week. NCB? I predict that gets covered in either R2/3. OT? None of the OT left at 31 would have been able to beat out McKivitz this season based on them being developmental picks. DL? We went on a spending spree in the offseason so whomever we drafted at 31 would have been in the same predicament as Pearsall is to the WR corps.
This year? C, RG, CB all have immediate needs. RT is what I'd call serviceable.

If there actually are 6 centers still in the draft that would put Brendel on the bench, then the FO is negligent if we don't end up with someone other than Brendel at center. We'll see...barring injury, I rather doubt it.
Curious, if you had control of the war room last night, who would you have gone with and why?
I take Powers-Johnson or Kool-Aid. Either one becomes an immediate contributor. Powers-Johnson starts at either center or RG. Kool-Aid could be our outside CB, allowing Demo to stay in the NCB role, eliminating the need to play Ambry Thomas at all.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
niner outlaw,they really trading the two top wrs?i understand samel,but aiyuk too?
They're not going to trade both of them. I rather doubt that they'll trade either of them. If they do move one, it'll likely be Deebo. If any trade happens, it'll happen very early in rd 2. By the middle of round 2, the window of getting any real 20224 value for them will have closed.