• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFL Divisional playoff game: Philadelphia @ New Orleans 4:40pm ET on Fox

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a point but it annoys me because he acts like he was perfect. I'm sure guys completed passes on him here and there in the playoffs. I saw Lattimore make one bad play today.
yeah and two game changers. shit happens

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still LMAO at Deion saying the Saints defense didn't play well. They allowed 14 points which all came early in the 1st.

He's almost as dumb as Michael Irvin saying he'd take Dak over Mahomes. Frankly I don't know how either of them have jobs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know theres little talent in that backfield but running the ball 14 times just doesn't work

Pederson just gives up on the run game way too easily
we've been told he's a genius

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't be 14-3 and one win from the superbowl if there was a lack of leadership. You don't make it this far and dominant throughout the year if there is a lack of leadership. See what is happening in Pittsburgh if you want to see what actually happens when there is a lack of leadership

LMAO at the whole running up the score BS. You losers want teams to stop playing with a whole quarter of football left because a team is getting beat too badly....this isn't pee wee football
I agree with the runner up the score part of your argument.
I think Peyton is a good coach but that bit about lack of leadership along with playoffs and SB? I can't buy into see Pete Carroll. Maybe he's the exception?

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, this is a list of Eagles players who got injured and a number of them missed significant part of the game because of that injury:

Brandon Brooks - one of the best guards in football, missed most of the game,
Jason Peters - missed all of the 4th quarter,
Alshon Jeffery - played with broken ribs
Fletcher Cox - missed the 2nd quarter, in and out of the line-up thereafter.
Brandon Graham
Michael Bennett - missed much of the 2nd quarter
Chris Long
Rasul Douglas - missed the 2nd quarter. BTW, NFL Next Gen stats showed how the Saints did move Thomas away from Douglas.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, this is a list of Eagles players who got injured and a number of them missed significant part of the game because of that injury:

Brandon Brooks - one of the best guards in football, missed most of the game,
Jason Peters - missed all of the 4th quarter,
Alshon Jeffery - played with broken ribs
Fletcher Cox - missed the 2nd quarter, in and out of the line-up thereafter.
Brandon Graham
Michael Bennett - missed much of the 2nd quarter
Chris Long
Rasul Douglas - missed the 2nd quarter. BTW, NFL Next Gen stats showed how the Saints did move Thomas away from Douglas.

Just stop, makes you look like a sore loser. Teams have this situation often.

That sure was an exciting game but Dear Lord the game is becoming difficult to watch with a flag thrown every other play.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That sure was an exciting game but Dear Lord the game is becoming difficult to watch with a flag thrown every other play.

I said that New Orleans was the better team. That said, the impact of the injuries was unmistakable even during the game itself. Credit the Saints and Brees from making use of that.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Irsay will give the Eagles a good deal on a 1-0 banner.
Unless your a colts fan you have no idea what that means. I agree the AFC Runner Up banner was lame as hell, but this 1-0 has kinda become this teams motto, like the Cubs Fly the W thing. It wasn't meant as a participation trophy like the other stupid ass banner was. This 1-0 had meaning behind it.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only injury that seemed to have a large effect was Cox. When he was out, the Saints did whatever they wanted on offense. When he was in, he was often disruptive.

Why are you going to do? Like you said, every team deals with injuries.

I’m still wondering who this Hawkins dude is.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only injury that seemed to have a large effect was Cox. When he was out, the Saints did whatever they wanted on offense. When he was in, he was often disruptive.

Why are you going to do? Like you said, every team deals with injuries.

I’m still wondering who this Hawkins dude is.

When Hawkins was in for Douglas, Brees went after him, which included a TD.

The Brooks injury coincides with a collapse of the run game (something like a 2 yards per run drop).

Yes, the Saints made great use of the injuries (credit to them), but to suggest that the injuries did not have a major impact on the outcome of the game is ludicrous. These type of injuries, and their amount, would have a major impact on the outcome in 99% of the games.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Hawkins was in for Douglas, Brees went after him, which included a TD.

The Brooks injury coincides with a collapse of the run game (something like a 2 yards per run drop).

Yes, the Saints made great use of the injuries (credit to them), but to suggest that the injuries did not have a major impact on the outcome of the game is ludicrous. These type of injuries, and their amount, would have a major impact on the outcome in 99% of the games.

Agreed on Douglas/Hawkins as well. Brooks hurt but I disagree it had a huge impact. The Eagles didn’t run well the entire game, with or without Brooks.

Of course injuries impact the game. The Saints entire offensive line has been hurt and they lost one of their best defensive linemen. Shit happens. Other than Cox/Douglas replacements, I thought the other losses weren’t really felt as much. The replacements in the other situation did a good job.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless your a colts fan you have no idea what that means. I agree the AFC Runner Up banner was lame as hell, but this 1-0 has kinda become this teams motto, like the Cubs Fly the W thing. It wasn't meant as a participation trophy like the other stupid ass banner was. This 1-0 had meaning behind it.
Yeah OK

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically they have used this mantra since the 1-5 start. Meaning erase the previous games and don't look ahead to the next game. Each week the goal is 1-0. They rode that mantra to a huge win streak and a playoff victory. I'd say mission accomplished. This is a team that was predicted in the preseason to have 2 wins and was 32 in most power rankings. We have every right to be optimistic about the future with what we accomplished this year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that New Orleans was the better team. That said, the impact of the injuries was unmistakable even during the game itself. Credit the Saints and Brees from making use of that.
Lol they get stomped on a neutral field. That much is clear.

Eagles needed to be way better earlier in the year to beat them easily. But they still only needed to be a little better yesterday to beat them.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically they have used this mantra since the 1-5 start. Meaning erase the previous games and don't look ahead to the next game. Each week the goal is 1-0. They rode that mantra to a huge win streak and a playoff victory. I'd say mission accomplished. This is a team that was predicted in the preseason to have 2 wins and was 32 in most power rankings. We have every right to be optimistic about the future with what we accomplished this year.
Do you have any credible links? Local sports writers don't = credible.