• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL.com QB Poll: Ridiculous

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They do this kind of stuff every year with QB rankings, power rankings, etc. I don't know why anyone pays any attention to it, but for some reason It works every time.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mcnabb over warner?
wilson over manning?
gannon over favre?
bledsoe over aikman?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and right now

wilson is beating rodgers,
mcnabb is smashing gannon
bledsoe crushing young

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Look, most of us Seahawks fans think this poll is a complete crock of shit. However, it is funny that a lot of you seem butt hurt about Wilson's success.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Look, most of us Seahawks fans think this poll is a complete crock of shit. However, it is funny that a lot of you seem butt hurt about Wilson's success.

Oh jesus, Butt hurt? Seriously? So now we're forbidden from commenting on the ridiculousness of the poll results and the moronic fans who have determined who advances? You'll note that there are other asinine results that are being commented on as well.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legit impressed it took half a day for a delusional Seahawks fan to come share his delusions with us.

Look my bro- while Russell Wilson is on the short list of greatest villains in modern NFL history, he's nowhere close to being one of the greatest QBs in the game. At best, he's average. That's it. We also have to deal with a mediocre, over-hyped QB. We feel each other's pain, lets just leave it at that. Please don't derail this thread, we want to make fun of Drew Bledsoe in peace.

Not gonna lie though, Wilson's half time show performance was pretty awesome. I didn't know that dude could sing.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I troll voted for McNabb, Bledsoe, and Gannon about 10x each during the first round. I almost created this thread for exact same reason - the results are ridiculous - but like someone already mentioned, these rankings/tournys happen almost every offseason, and always with the same kind of half-retarded results.

Gotta say, tho... its still kind of funny. Not as funny as EA being stupid enough to let the internet troll them by putting Peyton Hillis on the cover of Madden, but funny none the less. Then again, even though it doesn't matter, the results will lose a bit of its humor once Russell Wilson wins the whole thing, beating out Montana & Young on the way. :rolleyes:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why children need to be monitored while surfing the internet. Their parents need to be reprimanded and these silly votes need to be discounted.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bracketology - Greatest Quarterback of all Time - NFL.com

You guys seen this? NFL.com polling the fans as to the best QB ever, as they do from time to time. Such a farce. Not only was Russell Wilson nominated as one of eight modern-era QBs, which I think is something of a stretch at this point, but he knocked off Peyton Manning in round one. Anyone who voted for Wilson over Manning should be banned from ever watching football again.

I'll be the first to say that, two years in, Wilson has had about as much success as any QB in the history of the league at that point in their careers. But he's two years in, playing for a team on which he isn't asked to do much. And he's better than a five-time MVP? What a joke.

Also pretty bad are Drew Bledsoe (how is he even nominated???) beating out Troy Aikman, and Rich Gannon beating out Favre. I think both Aikman and Favre are somewhat overrated, but come on.

That's because Wilson is better than Peyton Manning !!!! :yahoo: ... Yeah it's pretty dumb when you consider one qb just finished his second year and the other has been in the league for about 15 years… A qb should be at the end of his career or pretty close to the end to even be in the conversation… You can argue he's the greatest in his first 2 years of all time!!! :yahoo:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because Wilson is better than Peyton Manning !!!! :yahoo: ... Yeah it's pretty dumb when you consider one qb just finished his second year and the other has been in the league for about 15 years… A qb should be at the end of his career or pretty close to the end to even be in the conversation… You can argue he's the greatest in his first 2 years of all time!!! :yahoo:

No, it's ridiculous because Russell Wilson will never be as good as Peyton Manning. He isn't that type of talent. He's more of a Bubby Brister type of talent. :dhd:

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The long balls usually went to Kearse or Baldwin, though. Tate will be replaced by Harvin, if he can stay healthy.

That's an incredibly big IF. An IF that's almost as big as Harvin's vagina.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one was infuriating. How do you jump offsides there? I'm staring at Brooks thinking, "Don't jump offsides, don't jump offsides...." and then Aldon goes and does it. I really wonder if Wilson throws that ball without the offsides, even though on 4th down an INT wouldn't have hurt them.

The play that infuriated me the most was the prior play. Third and 22 and the defense plays soft and gives up an easy 15 yard completion to Olsen. Then it became 4th and 7 and Seahawks decided to go for it. Without that completion, Seahawks would have punted. That play pissed me off so bad.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I would agree with that. He hasn't been asked to do nearly as much as guys like Manning, Luck, Marino, etc. were in year one, and obviously he has a much stronger supporting cast than pretty much any rookie QB I can think of, but you can't deny his success. Tied the rookie TD record in a run-first offense, and his win total through two years has to be the highest for a rookie. Not to mention the SB win.

I think Wilson still has a long way to go to be in the discussion for best QBs - the reason I started this thread, the fact he's a Seahawk notwithstanding - but his ability to improvise and make big plays when he has to has been impressive at this point in his career.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Ben Roethlisberger disagrees.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The play that infuriated me the most was the prior play. Third and 22 and the defense plays soft and gives up an easy 15 yard completion to Olsen. Then it became 4th and 7 and Seahawks decided to go for it. Without that completion, Seahawks would have punted. That play pissed me off so bad.

It was Miller, but yes, that was a frustrating play. That said, you've got to credit that as a "stop." 4th and 7 is not a play where many teams go for it, and if not for Haushka saying he was worried he'd miss it - and the inexplicable minute and a half in game clock that elapsed between those two plays - it wouldn't have been all that devastating in the grand scheme of things.