• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL.com QB Poll: Ridiculous

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bracketology - Greatest Quarterback of all Time - NFL.com

You guys seen this? NFL.com polling the fans as to the best QB ever, as they do from time to time. Such a farce. Not only was Russell Wilson nominated as one of eight modern-era QBs, which I think is something of a stretch at this point, but he knocked off Peyton Manning in round one. Anyone who voted for Wilson over Manning should be banned from ever watching football again.

I'll be the first to say that, two years in, Wilson has had about as much success as any QB in the history of the league at that point in their careers. But he's two years in, playing for a team on which he isn't asked to do much. And he's better than a five-time MVP? What a joke.

Also pretty bad are Drew Bledsoe (how is he even nominated???) beating out Troy Aikman, and Rich Gannon beating out Favre. I think both Aikman and Favre are somewhat overrated, but come on.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bracketology - Greatest Quarterback of all Time - NFL.com

You guys seen this? NFL.com polling the fans as to the best QB ever, as they do from time to time. Such a farce. Not only was Russell Wilson nominated as one of eight modern-era QBs, which I think is something of a stretch at this point, but he knocked off Peyton Manning in round one. Anyone who voted for Wilson over Manning should be banned from ever watching football again.

I'll be the first to say that, two years in, Wilson has had about as much success as any QB in the history of the league at that point in their careers. But he's two years in, playing for a team on which he isn't asked to do much. And he's better than a five-time MVP? What a joke.

Also pretty bad are Drew Bledsoe (how is he even nominated???) beating out Troy Aikman, and Rich Gannon beating out Favre. I think both Aikman and Favre are somewhat overrated, but come on.

100% agree, that's retarded.

Although it is nice to see Joe give it to Boomer one last time, for old time's sake

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My guess is that the Seahawk fans came out and voted in force. Not the most knowledgable fanbase.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My guess is that the Seahawk fans came out and voted in force. Not the most knowledgable fanbase.

This is precisely the reason why fan voting for the pro bowl is stupid. No objectivity at all. This is embarrassingly bad, though.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm fully expecting Russell Wilson to get fully exposed as the mediocre QB he is next year. Every team will apply the Arizona defensive tactic, and all his good luck on jump balls will start to fall back down to earth (or get picked off). Whoever voted him through needs glasses.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm fully expecting Russell Wilson to get fully exposed as the mediocre QB he is next year. Every team will apply the Arizona defensive tactic, and all his good luck on jump balls will start to fall back down to earth (or get picked off). Whoever voted him through needs glasses.

Well, we tried to do that in the NFCC game and he was able to get a few through. I'm still so angry about that first long ball he completed behind Whitner and Reid. Just totally and utterly inexcusable.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

He doesn't have Golden Tate to bail him out anymore, so this is almost a certainty.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He doesn't have Golden Tate to bail him out anymore, so this is almost a certainty.

The long balls usually went to Kearse or Baldwin, though. Tate will be replaced by Harvin, if he can stay healthy.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Our corners need to make him seriously pay this year when he flutters those things up for grabs. I think Rogers knew what was going on but he lost a step and couldn't do a damn thing about it. Pretty embarrassing when you know it is coming.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a joke. Wilson over Manning. LOL

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our corners need to make him seriously pay this year when he flutters those things up for grabs. I think Rogers knew what was going on but he lost a step and couldn't do a damn thing about it. Pretty embarrassing when you know it is coming.

Rogers should not have even been playing. We were doing fine in the playoffs without him. I highly doubt he was 100% healed from that hamstring injury.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He already was exposed. He didn't do much in the playoffs. Defense/Special Teams scored more pts then the Offense.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this already happened. He got exposed later than Kap did but only because of a better overall team and horseshoes surgically implanted up the Seahawk's rectum/Pete Carroll cashed in on his deal with the devil.

The only luckier QB I have seen recently was Flacco in the Superbowl.

The midge does great when he improvises though, got to give him credit for that. Flutie-esque

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we tried to do that in the NFCC game and he was able to get a few through. I'm still so angry about that first long ball he completed behind Whitner and Reid. Just totally and utterly inexcusable.

Almost as inexcusable as the offside 4th down td. Unbelievable.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Almost as inexcusable as the offside 4th down td. Unbelievable.

That one was infuriating. How do you jump offsides there? I'm staring at Brooks thinking, "Don't jump offsides, don't jump offsides...." and then Aldon goes and does it. I really wonder if Wilson throws that ball without the offsides, even though on 4th down an INT wouldn't have hurt them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcnabb beating out Warner is also bad.
Yeah, thats bad considering Warner beat McNabb to get to the Super Bowl fairly recently.

Rich Gannon beating our Farve is appalling. Bledsoe beating out Aikman is understandable but probably wrong. Russell Wilson beating out Peyton Manning is why we can't have nice things

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just like Flacco didn't have Boldin after his win. Boldin will bail out Kaepernick, too, but I'm not comparing quarterbacks.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If healthy, Harvin is a better Tate. Hawks shouldn't feel that many effects in terms of losing Tate. Granted that's a pretty big "if" with Harvin.