• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL appealing Watson suspension

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...That is actually why I never thought Goodell would challenge this. Watson is guilty in the court of public opinion for sure. But he literally has been cleared of any criminal wrongdoing. Really, really murky waters they are treading into with this.
Watson hasn't been cleared of criminal wrongdoing. The jury decided there wasn't sufficient evidence to get a conviction so the case didn't go ahead.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work with a guy that gets handy's at massage parlors all the time. Seems pretty common.
Most everyone I know that goes to a massage parlor does so to get a massage, family members, co workers ect. I don't know a single soul who goes to a massage parlor for sex. I sure their are some whore houses who use massage parlor as a cover, but try randomly picking out a massage parlor, make an appointment, show up ask for a blowjob and see what happens .....

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He used 66 different massage therapist in 2 years.

He is a serial perverted freak who deserves at least a year suspension.

Hmmmm. Guilt by assumption.

You are very likely correct with your assumption but if there's not one shred of evidence to support one single accuser I personally don't think that's fair. But ya, he's likely a perv.

Personally, if I had his money I'd go all the way and get me some fine ass hookers and actually bang that shit.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most everyone I know that goes to a massage parlor does so to get a massage, family members, co workers ect. I don't know a single soul who goes to a massage parlor for sex. I sure their are some whore houses who use massage parlor as a cover, but try randomly picking out a massage parlor, make an appointment, show up ask for a blowjob and see what happens .....

I do and they clearly exist as is evidenced by Bob Kraft and Watson. Seems common from what my coworker says. I can't verify but that's how he talks about it and let's be clear he's talking about a handy, not a blowjob. Blowjob is actual sex. A handy is a dick massage.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm likely in the minority on this but I think that's fucking bullshit. The dude didn't r*pe or violently abuse anybody nor did anything he allegedly did involve minors. There's also the issue of the kid getting paid off by his mom to not tell the truth which brings at least a little doubt into at least some of the allegations.

Additionally, it's not like these chicks haven't seen cock before. Jesus.

But the public outcry for "justice" caused Roger to get weak in the knees. I've seen people say he should be banned for life without actually knowing the details of what he did.
I actually work with a couple women on health care who started out as massage therapists. And every single one says the same thing.

First. They absolutely believe everything that was alleged about Watson. They all knew the type and they knew once they had a guy making an appointment with them that was 100% familiar with the way everything worked and had obviously had a bunch of massages, but was going to a new therapist it wasn't because he was looking for a massage, he wanted somebody to touch his weenie.

And just as importantly second. She says all of those women that were telling their stories were lying through their teeth. All these massage therapists saying they were shocked by his behavior and/or that they had never seen anyone do that before. All the women I know say men are pigs and guys do that stuff all the time. Completely shameless. But that's why all of my acquaintances are in different careers now, maybe these are just the lucky ones who besides Watson had really never had that happen. But the people I know don't believe it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do and they clearly exist as is evidenced by Bob Kraft and Watson. Seems common from what my coworker says. I can't verify but that's how he talks about it and let's be clear he's talking about a handy, not a blowjob. Blowjob is actual sex. A handy is a dick massage.
So you know someone that gets hand jobs, I know a dozen people that go to massage parlors for ...get this....a massage ( not to their privates)

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you know someone that gets hand jobs, I know a dozen people that go to massage parlors for ...get this....a massage ( not to their privates)

I do. I don't personally indulge. I prefer my wife. You seem to think I'm shocked that massage parlors aren't whore houses.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Jeff Darlington reports the NFL "is appealing for an indefinite suspension that would be a minimum of one year" for Deshaun Watson.​

The MMQB's Albert Breer added that the NFL "positions Watson’s behavior as the most egregious it’s ever seen" in their brief for the appeal. Watson was initially given a six-game suspension. With his base salary set at just $690K, the loss of game checks means next to nothing when compared to the $240 million contract extension he signed with the Browns. For this reason, the NFL is also considering adding a fine to Watson's punishment. The CBA gives commissioner Roger Goodell the power to hear the appeal and change the length of the suspension. He can also designate someone else to hear the appeal. Multiple reports have indicated that the NFLPA will sue the league if Watson is suspended for a season. Things will only get messier if this back-and-forth is taken to court.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he gets one year and I am not so sure he tries to sue because of how little he makes this year. Next year he has a whole lot more to lose.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that why there are no criminal charges? There's no evidence?
Um… what evidence would there be?

Unless somebody saves a blue dress, there’s nothing but testimony.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he gets one year and I am not so sure he tries to sue because of how little he makes this year. Next year he has a whole lot more to lose.
I agree cause Watson 100% is about the money. I still think it will come out from Houston that he's a poster child for requiring primadona treatment.
IMO

2 years away from the game along with constant negativity on the road will add to the degree of difficulty. He has the money. I'd like to see his football legacy nose dive.

But that's just me

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Food for thought…

Between that and his contract structure, two things that have absolutely nothing to do with how the suspension should be laid out…it doesn’t look good for anyone

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pardon my ignorance but hasn't Watson denied all allegations regarding forcing anybody to do anything and everything that happened was consensual? Isn't that why there are no criminal charges? There's no evidence?

I work with a guy that gets handy's at massage parlors all the time. Seems pretty common.
A lot of cases are tried on little to no actual evidence besides testimony. Odds are the grand jury heard enough questionable testimony that would lead to reasonable doubt.

I'd bet had only 8 or 9 joined the suit it may have made it to trial.

The Judge here did say Watson was in violation.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yes Rub&Tugs do exist, and for a fee a Happy Ending is SOP, (Kraft), while there are many more massage spas where happy endings are not done period (Watson)

In other words Kraft went to a place known for the extra, Watson decided to force non Happy Enders to do the extra.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I heard if the NFL appeals, that this is going to Federal Court which means his current status of being suspended, is no longer the case. He is eligible week 1 to play. If the Federal court is busy, it could be a year before they get to his case, allowing him to play this entire year before the case is even heard. If that is the case, and say he gets suspended for a year after the federal court case, his $1 million dollars he makes this year as salary outside his signing bonus, isn't what is going to be hit, it will be next years $45 million dollars that is at risk.

Was I not hearing this correct?
No. It goes to Goodell or whoever he appoints to hear the appeal if he does not do so himself. After that if the union is unhappy it could in theory go to a federal court but that is unlikely IMO unless Goodell does something drastic