• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL appealing Watson suspension

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
discussions and kicking the tires is not the same as offering an all-time salary in guarantees.
That's kind over overblown. His deal isn't much different than most stud QBs other than it got a 5 year guarantee instead of 3 or even 4......which the team is happy to pay if he plays as expected, and I'm guessing the teams going after him believed he could play and play well. Hell, if he plays as hoped he'll be underpaid by next season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re a liar.
Ironic you'd say that, Tommy, as you calling anyone a liar would be like Augustus Gloop telling a kid he should lose weight.

But I'm glad to know you at least now realize r*pe and sexual assault are not one in the same. baby steps.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic you'd say that, Tommy, as you calling anyone a liar would be like Augustus Gloop telling a kid he should lose weight.

But I'm glad to know you at least now realize r*pe and sexual assault are not one and the same. baby steps.
I always did and explained that to you yesterday. That’s why I’ve established that you’re a liar when you invoke that the next day. They are the same moral failing as they’re an affront to a person’s bodily autonomy. A person can’t just take from another person because of their sick sexual desires.

You root for a horrible human being. Ironically, it’s brought zero success to your listless franchise. In fact, a journeyman that was roused from his couch was better. That’s sad that one would sell their soul just to see the same failing they always see. You could have failed to win anything with Baker Mayfield or even the corpse of Vinny Testeverde.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind over overblown. His deal isn't much different than most stud QBs other than it got a 5 year guarantee instead of 3 or even 4......which the team is happy to pay if he plays as expected, and I'm guessing the teams going after him believed he could play and play well. Hell, if he plays as hoped he'll be underpaid by next season.
pretty much disagree with everything posted.

one thing and one thing only for NFL is the guaranteed money in the contract. I don't see many teams offering a player with his baggage what the Browns did.

Now...having followed the Browns when Dr. Ryan was under center, I am not judging...just saying.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Kevin Love and Jason Kelce arguing for 7 pages.

I'm impressed, this is like the Cartman/Seymour debates from 20 years ago on KFFL.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

one thing and one thing only for NFL is the guaranteed money in the contract. I don't see many teams offering a player with his baggage what the Browns did.

Now...having followed the Browns when Dr. Ryan was under center, I am not judging...just saying.
It’s getting scary how often I am finding myself in complete agreement with you of late. I’m going to ride the wave and chalk it up to me having an epiphany and finally seeing your wisdom.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Browns did what they felt they had to get their name in the discussion. If there's two teams that are historically searching at QB, it's the Browns and Bears. Doesn't make it a wise decision of course, but at least they were aggressive (to a fault it seems).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always did and explained that to you yesterday. That’s why I’ve established that you’re a liar when you invoke that the next day. They are the same moral failing as they’re an affront to a person’s bodily autonomy. A person can’t just take from another person because of their sick sexual desires.

You root for a horrible human being. Ironically, it’s brought zero success to your listless franchise. In fact, a journeyman that was roused from his couch was better. That’s sad that one would sell their soul just to see the same failing they always see. You could have failed to win anything with Baker Mayfield or even the corpse of Vinny Testeverde.
You didn't know they were the same.....now we can discuss you ignoring all facts to support your agenda about what you think (hope?) happened again if you want. Your choice, Tommy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How can you disagree with everything when a good portion was factual? such as.....
*His deal isn't much different than most stud QBs other than it got a 5 year guarantee instead of 3 or even 4
*the team is happy to pay if he plays as expected
*I guess not fact but you don't believe the teams going after him believed he could play and play well?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have just kept Baker.

Dude killed his own value by playing hurt.
something to be said for that but didn't realize that was one of the options. That said, I need to see a 2nd straight good season from baker (and Watson to not play as hoped in 2024) to be ready to undo that deal if allowed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s getting scary how often I am finding myself in complete agreement with you of late. I’m going to ride the wave and chalk it up to me having an epiphany and finally seeing your wisdom.
you should try basing your comments on the post and not the poster.....if you did you would not find yourself disagreeing with facts like he did.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you disagree with everything when a good portion was factual? such as.....
*His deal isn't much different than most stud QBs other than it got a 5 year guarantee instead of 3 or even 4
*the team is happy to pay if he plays as expected
*I guess not fact but you don't believe the teams going after him believed he could play and play well?
you clearly live for this back and forth stuff.

* fact is...5 year guaranteed money is HUGE. Compounded by knowing Watson hadn't arrived as that QB for that deal. Doubled down by the unclear baggage.

* IF he plays to expectation? Sure...as with all large contracts.

* Watson has done nothing more than Dak, Cousins nor Carr...and shoulda been given a simular contract.

Those are the "facts"

carry on