• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL appealing Watson suspension

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the fainting couches are fluffed nicely when Deshaun faces nothing further. I'd hate to see anyone throw out their back.
My first comment in this exchange was saying it was just the NFL practicing CYA when more testimony was in the news.
But fingers crossed on that deal getting voided. I know...I know. I basically sexually harassed the ladies myself by even posting in this thread.
Now even you are making light of sexual assault? Yikes.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first comment in this exchange was saying it was just the NFL practicing CYA when more testimony was in the news.

Now even you are making light of sexual assault? Yikes.

No. I'm making light of the fainting couch. There have been tons of awful humans that have played pro sports. You have one on your team you root for now. Deshaun Watson will be a bad person until he draws his final breath. I don't know how many times I can repeat that.

It still doesn't make this charade any less ridiculous. If the league felt he should be gone then make him gone. The independent arbitrator determined 6 weeks was sufficient. The NFL then determined 11. Punishment has been doled out. If you wanted a career ban (and he certainly earned it) they should've went for the dunk then.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm making light of the fainting couch. There have been tons of awful humans that have played pro sports. You have one on your team you root for now. Deshaun Watson will be a bad person until he draws his final breath. I don't know how many times I can repeat that.
“Other people do things so this isn’t so bad.”
It still doesn't make this charade any less ridiculous. If the league felt he should be gone then make him gone. The independent arbitrator determined 6 weeks was sufficient. The NFL then determined 11. Punishment has been doled out. If you wanted a career ban (and he certainly earned it) they should've went for the dunk then.
They’re saying that if anything else comes out they reserve the right to further punish. I mean that thing technically exists for all players.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who is the guy I’m rooting for?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They’re saying that if anything else comes out they reserve the right to further punish. I mean that thing technically exists for all players.

it goes without saying no?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it goes without saying no?
It often does unless a player establishes a track record in the public eye and the scandal that created it is being revisited with further court testimony.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the other incident aside posting pics of an opponents kids? yikes.
Yeah that was horrible and he needs to be called to task on that. He crossed lines that shouldn’t be crossed. I was disgusted by that story.
He is still behind Deshaun in line to hell (both are behind my mother in law) but there's time!
Carter’s “down time” in the off season is time to worry for sure. Idle hands and all that stuff.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not understand I'm not a fan of his? Seems that you don't. Pretty foolish to lump all fans into the same category.

I like how you ignored that two grand juries didn't indict him.

Anyway no reason to keep your crusade going. He's a very fucked up person.
The fan thing is bad enough but also lumping in what Watson is accused of doing to what sandusky was convicted of doing? Just wow.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fan thing is bad enough but also lumping in what Watson is accused of doing to what sandusky was convicted of doing? Just wow.

Yeah some try to take it over the top just to get a reaction. It's like a game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was horrible and he needs to be called to task on that. He crossed lines that shouldn’t be crossed. I was disgusted by that story.

Carter’s “down time” in the off season is time to worry for sure. Idle hands and all that stuff.
Have to think all teams breathe a huge sigh of relief when camp starts and they get their players back. while most are probably good guys young, rich dudes with a lot of down time can be an issue.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK...but what he did had to have come out after all these alleged incidents took place. The Florio story is pretty much made up. But I guess I get it as not a lot of football stuff for him to write about until FA.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just take issue with any reference to PSU. That was an institution that allowed one of theirs to use their facilities to prey on kids...and then did everything to conceal that fact.

This is not that. And I'd deserve every bit of grief if I so much didn't acknowledge Deshauns problematic behavior but if it was institutional to the sense Cleveland concealed his behavior...

I hope what Penn State did is the kind of one off we never see again

Although the Buckeyes wrestling wasn't far off that and is nearly as disgusting

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just take issue with any reference to PSU. That was an institution that allowed one of theirs to use their facilities to prey on kids...and then did everything to conceal that fact.
100%

however. The Browns whored themselves with the guarantees to land this guy. Certainly not kids but a real bad look all the same.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100%

however. The Browns whored themselves with the guarantees to land this guy. Certainly not kids but a real bad look all the same.
I guess but a dozen teams went after the guy and it's likely more if more thought they could win now and needed a QB.

It was brought up earlier how LV dumped Ruggs right away (unlike the Browns who wanted Watson) but don't kid yourself (well, not you since you didn't mention it)...if he had a season like Nacua and was allowed to be in the league LV holds onto his rights.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100%

if there was one sports trade in history I'd take back its this.