• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFCE Predictions

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rosters are set and we've seen them in preseason. Here is my prediction for the NFCE:

Washington 10-6
Cowboys 9-7
Giants 8-8
Eagles 6-10

Washington will again win the NFCE, but it won't be easy. We will upset a team or 2 (Falcons, Packers?) but lose to a team or two we should beat (Eagles first game???). We will also win our first playoff game in a while, but get tossed in the second round. Trend is up for the future, with SB appearance very possible in the next 3 years.

Cowboys are in their last year before a major rebuild due to cap issues. They will play well, but will come up short in big games. They just miss the wild card birth. Romo will again have a huge year stat wise with Dez, Miles, and Witten, but will also make his predictable errors at critical times. Their trend is down for the future.

Giants will struggle this year. Starting off the year with key injuries, their Offense will never get going. OL injuries will hurt both their running game and sacks on Eli. This may be the year Eli misses significant time due to injuries. Trend is down for the future.

Philly will show some spark, but just has too many issues this year. They will upset some major teams. Vick will not be the starter by the end of the year, but Foles won't do any better. They will drafting a QB (or trading for one) next off season. Trend will be up for the future.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins 10-6
Giants 8-8
Dal 8-8
Eags 6-10

Skins- As RG3 plays towards comeback player of the year his counterpart Alfred the great runs for 1600+ yards and is in the bidding for player of the year. Winning the first round of playoffs we're off to Seattle next to settle the score. In a defensive struggle the Skins deliver payback but lose to SF in the nfc championship game. Another successful year and the trend is up. RG3 plays in all 16.

Giants- A bit banged up but are able to have a mid season push to get back into contention. With an injury early in dec to Manning they fall apart and blame Coughlin for their collapse... again. He decides to retire in the off season and the team begins a new stretch of growing pains with a new coach. Trend is down.

Dal- Another season of toe and pinky issues for key positions. An early rise to 1st in division but by mid november a slide back to reality will be forth coming. Lack of depth on the front line will prove costly and finger pointing will be the flavor of the day. Garrett is ousted for continued clock management situations and another new coach with different ideas will push this franchise back a step further. Trend is down

Eags- A disaster in the making. After Vick goes down due to injury; Foles is unable to run the offense that Kelly has implemented and the team folds by mid november and mails it in. Blame is cast about and Barkley plays in the final four games of the season as the new starter for the following year. He loses all four while being sacked a staggering 25 times in those four games shaken the little confidence he has. Kelly is unable to run the offense as he wants with these QB's so he implements another scheme in the off season but fails miserably and is ousted after two seasons. Trend is down.

Last edited by a moderator:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys are right.

I have no doubt that the Skins are the best team in the NFC East (when was the last time I could say that?), but the schedule doesn't leave much margin for error. Game 1 is extremely important given some of the tough tests the non-conference schedule brings in September and October. Can't afford to lose a divisional game at home right now.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys 12-4
Giants 9-7
Eagles 7-9
Redskins 6-10.

Mark the tape

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys win a game and their fans lose their minds.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys win a game and their fans lose their minds.

That's alright - it is only one game. In addition to the win - their fans go a little over-the-top since a lot of the national media goes crazy about the Boys this time of year (as they did at the beginning of any season during the last 10 years). However - it is extremely insincere. They are doing this since their producers push them to act this way since there are lots of (brainless) Boys fans all over the country.

The true test will be down the stretch & until proven otherwise there is no reason to not expect the Boys to choke again this season. Cmon Redskins.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams looked shaky to me.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington 13-3
Cowboys 9-7
Giants 8-8
Eagles 6-10

Thats a bit optimistic for the skins. Know you don't really believe that pDay. It's gonna be a lot closer amongst the top three teams. More like 10-6 for the division, insert Skins, cowboys or giants.

A lot of sloppy play out there yesterday from alot of teams, outlook is gonna be pretty hazy until we're 5 or 6 games in, IMO.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a bit optimistic for the skins. Know you don't really believe that pDay. It's gonna be a lot closer amongst the top three teams. More like 10-6 for the division, insert Skins, cowboys or giants.

A lot of sloppy play out there yesterday from alot of teams, outlook is gonna be pretty hazy until we're 5 or 6 games in, IMO.

You realize that he is being sarcastic - right? He appears to be trying to portray Redskins fans - or some Redskins fans - as over-the-top homers thus the unrealistic prediction. Oh well - all in fun.

You do make a good point. It is always ill advised to form conclusions based on one week especially this season when the new training camp guidelines make preparation for some teams very difficult. A lot will change between now & the end of the season.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that he is being sarcastic - right? He appears to be trying to portray Redskins fans - or some Redskins fans - as over-the-top homers thus the unrealistic prediction. Oh well - all in fun.

You do make a good point. It is always ill advised to form conclusions based on one week especially this season when the new training camp guidelines make preparation for some teams very difficult. A lot will change between now & the end of the season.

Yes, I know he wasnt serious. Actually when not battling skins fans, pDay has some pretty good insights regarding the boys. Yes, I know he drives some crazy. He makes me laugh.

I've been a Skins fan for what feels like forever and I am as excited about this team as I can remember. However, i think its best to temper early expectations. It IS only the beginning of the season. And almost every team looked really sloppy. All these season ending injuries in the league too. The lack of full contact in practice and reduced practices hurt all the teams IMO.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure some aspects of the skins game tonight will be sloppy, especially considering RG3 didn't play in preseason. But its not our offense that worries me, it will be our pass defense (again). McCoy out of the backfield against our LB crew and jackson against a secondary with 2 rookies. Hopefully we can apply enough pressure on Vick to have him cough it up a couple of times. Even so, expect a couple rookie mistakes this game, just hope they aren't at critical times or for big plays. If we can get on top early, we should be able to control the tempo of the game with morris and short passes to davis and helu.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know he wasnt serious. Actually when not battling skins fans, pDay has some pretty good insights regarding the boys. Yes, I know he drives some crazy. He makes me laugh.

I've been a Skins fan for what feels like forever and I am as excited about this team as I can remember. However, i think its best to temper early expectations. It IS only the beginning of the season. And almost every team looked really sloppy. All these season ending injuries in the league too. The lack of full contact in practice and reduced practices hurt all the teams IMO.

Yep - good idea to temper expectations. Last season they started strong against the Saints but then went on a really bad stretch before finishing as one of the hottest teams in the NFL. The two previous seasons they started very strong but it simply provided false hope.

Like they say - it is a marathon & not a sprint. If I were a Giants fan I would be very worried especially since their running game looks like a disaster.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of what if variables that I'm anxious to see. As hot as the team was at the end of the season, they are getting key players back that they didn't have last year. And I'm looking forward to see if Griffin can improve and build on last year. I think he will. And I think the team will.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure some aspects of the skins game tonight will be sloppy, especially considering RG3 didn't play in preseason. But its not our offense that worries me, it will be our pass defense (again). McCoy out of the backfield against our LB crew and jackson against a secondary with 2 rookies. Hopefully we can apply enough pressure on Vick to have him cough it up a couple of times. Even so, expect a couple rookie mistakes this game, just hope they aren't at critical times or for big plays. If we can get on top early, we should be able to control the tempo of the game with morris and short passes to davis and helu.

Agree, I expect some rookie mistakes in the secondary. It is inevitable. Hopefully, they step up. Amerson and Rambo have shown consistent improvement. Time to show us under the big lights. I think our improved front seven will help alleviate some of the pressure on them. Sad to once again not to be able to count on Meriweathers health. That hurts.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of what if variables that I'm anxious to see. As hot as the team was at the end of the season, they are getting key players back that they didn't have last year. And I'm looking forward to see if Griffin can improve and build on last year. I think he will. And I think the team will.

From your lips... I too, really like our chances this year.