• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC Playoff Picture

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If the season ended today.

Atlanta & SF have the bye.

Seattle would play @ Chicago
Green Bay would play @ NY.

I'm ok with this. I think GB would have the best chance of beating the Giants (please let it happen!), and I'd be rooting for Chicago to win so Green Bay plays Atlanta the following week.

Whom would you rather play in that scenario? Atlanta on the road or Atlanta at home? That's a tough one for me. With a young QB I'd rather take the home game.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy Green Bay scares me more than any of those other teams. Besides the giants

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still leaning towards a rematch against the Giants. I don't want GB to do what the Giants did to us last year. I actually think we have a better chance against the Giants. We still need to find a way to slow down Cruz, though...

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still leaning towards a rematch against the Giants. I don't want GB to do what the Giants did to us last year. I actually think we have a better chance against the Giants. We still need to find a way to slow down Cruz, though...

Not me - I want no part of the Giants until next year!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Not I. Green Bay's defense is weak. What scares me about the Giants (besides Eli) is their pass-rushers. Anthony Davis has a broken finger.

If the Niners get the #1 seed, I don't see anyone beating 'em. Not even the Giants now that Alex is out of te picture.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
If the season ended today.

Atlanta & SF have the bye.

Seattle would play @ Chicago
Green Bay would play @ NY.

I'm ok with this. I think GB would have the best chance of beating the Giants (please let it happen!), and I'd be rooting for Chicago to win so Green Bay plays Atlanta the following week.

Whom would you rather play in that scenario? Atlanta on the road or Atlanta at home? That's a tough one for me. With a young QB I'd rather take the home game.

In this scenario, Bears would win and Giants would win easy. Bears would lose in San Fran and Giants would win in Atlanta.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
In this scenario, Bears would win and Giants would win easy. Bears would lose in San Fran and Giants would win in Atlanta.

Probably. I like the Niners' chances this time around a LOT more now that they don't have to call a screen pass or a quick out every passing down. They better run the friggn' ball though!

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we tip-toed through the playoffs without playing the Giants, I would be bummed...

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we tip-toed through the playoffs without playing the Giants, I would be bummed...

One thing to keep in mind AC is that come playoff time there are seeds but no best teams. Every team is on a level playing field in the playoffs. Thus, in order for us to tip-toe to the SB without playing the Giants, we would have to beat the team that beat the Giants - Even better in my book!

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One thing to keep in mind AC is that come playoff time there are seeds but no best teams. Every team is on a level playing field in the playoffs. Thus, in order for us to tip-toe to the SB without playing the Giants, we would have to beat the team that beat the Giants - Even better in my book!

Fair enough...

Perhaps "tip-toed" was the wrong term. For me, it would not be as satisfying if we didn't play the Giants. But, thats just me. I'm a little oldskool, and remember having tough playoff battles with the Cowboys, Bears, and Giants year in and year out. For my money, that is the most intense and exciting part of football. Some times you win, and some time you lose. But when you do win those games, it makes that much sweeter...

But, I'm a little nostalgic like that...

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Giants are the team that scares me the most.

Did you see the way they dismantled GB on MNF?

GB cannot run the ball and they also do not pass protect that well. Their defense is mediocre at best also.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough...

Perhaps "tip-toed" was the wrong term. For me, it would not be as satisfying if we didn't play the Giants. But, thats just me. I'm a little oldskool, and remember having tough playoff battles with the Cowboys, Bears, and Giants year in and year out. For my money, that is the most intense and exciting part of football. Some times you win, and some time you lose. But when you do win those games, it makes that much sweeter...

But, I'm a little nostalgic like that...

No argument from me Brother!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants are the team that scares me the most.

Did you see the way they dismantled GB on MNF?

GB cannot run the ball and they also do not pass protect that well. Their defense is mediocre at best also.

I think Green Bay really wanted to win that game, obviously, but I wonder if they adjusted their gameplan or playcalling at all knowing that they could be facing the Giants in the playoffs. If so, how much did they change once they saw that the game was a lost cause? I think they always are stuck on "go" but how they approach a game can change knowing that you are going to face them again.

The reason I say this is we beat the Giants last year (regular season) by passing more than expected (though I think this was in part because Harbaugh was peeved by Giants comments on Smith, not just to surprise them). Perhaps if we ran a lot in the first game (regular season) we'd have a chance to win that game, and then surprise them in the playoffs by passing more. Running it wouldn't have jeopardized the regular season game, but holding off the surprise, may have helped the playoff game. Of course, Smith could have failed either way and we did throw a bit in the NFCC anyway (but not a surprise). We passed a lot this season's matchup, too. I bet we run a lot this playoffs.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The packers are beatable.... rather have them than the giants at home.

ATL I feel we can beat them in ATL or SF... for me, they're not better than us. But you play to win the games.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
The packers are beatable.... rather have them than the giants at home.

ATL I feel we can beat them in ATL or SF... for me, they're not better than us. But you play to win the games.

I think the advantage teams like San Fran and the Giants have playing the Pack is, you can get pressure rushing 4 and stay in a cover 2 scheme. Rodgers has nowhere to go with the ball before the pressure gets to him. They don't run the ball well, so you don't have to bring the house to stop it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one team I do not want to play is Green Bay.