• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC North Rivals

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bears have signed Jared Allen to a 4 year deal. I don't like this. Same with Julius Peppers signing with the Packers. For the past couple years our d-line has been our "strength" and what set us apart from the rest of the division. We may not have that advantage anymroe

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys were already in the division. They just moved teams within the North. Allen with the Bears doesn't really worry me as much as Peppers with the Packers. Peppers and Matthews is going to be a hell of a combo.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bears have signed Jared Allen to a 4 year deal. I don't like this. Same with Julius Peppers signing with the Packers. For the past couple years our d-line has been our "strength" and what set us apart from the rest of the division. We may not have that advantage anymroe

I agree that it sucks, but it's also not like this move changes anything in terms of our D-line relative to the rest of the division. Neither Peppers or Allen is new to the division, just swapped teams. Peppers will not work out well as a stand-up OLB, imo, so I'm not too worried about that one.

Allen signing with the Bears sucks. Hopefully last year was the start of a regression as he's getting older, and not just a down season...

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Allen is fucking bastard. Its one thing to trash talk a team and its players, its another to diss a city as a whole, the people who live in that city, and the problems that the city is going thru. I will never respect that fucking hick

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Willie Young to the Bears, too. Followed by nothing to the Lions.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhhh -- we signed Darryl Tapp and Vaughn Martin. No NFC team can match that combo.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh -- we signed Darryl Tapp and Vaughn Martin. No NFC team can match that combo.

It gets old man, you make this comment at least once a day. Many of us agree, its frustrating. Saying it once is plenty though, saying it 50 times is ridiculous.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It gets old man, you make this comment at least once a day. Many of us agree, its frustrating. Saying it once is plenty though, saying it 50 times is ridiculous.

Lol, since when do you and I agree so damn much?!

I agree though- we signed a couple of depth players on the D-line, neither of whom are a lock to make the team AT ALL. Both could easily be cut during camp. They're battling for the 4th DE and 4th DE spots, respectively.

Heaven forbid a team fill in bottom-of-the roster gaps with veterans on one year minimum deals. We should have signed Henry Melton and Jarred Allen to be the last two guys on the defensive line- that's how all the good teams do it...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both those guys are declining quickly. Allen had a decent year but looked like an old man in the second half of the year. He got 7.5 mil a year for 2 years guaranteed for a 32+ year old. No way would I pay that. Peppers was ineffective the past 1.5 years so I would not pay him anymore either especially as an OLB.

I would take Ziggy over both these guys now.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, since when do you and I agree so damn much?!

I agree though- we signed a couple of depth players on the D-line, neither of whom are a lock to make the team AT ALL. Both could easily be cut during camp. They're battling for the 4th DE and 4th DE spots, respectively.

Heaven forbid a team fill in bottom-of-the roster gaps with veterans on one year minimum deals. We should have signed Henry Melton and Jarred Allen to be the last two guys on the defensive line- that's how all the good teams do it...

Smitty has everyone brainwashed into thinking Im this super negative lions fan, Im not really as bad as he would lead you to believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and the Bears signed Houston and Idonije.

I.I. is nothing special. Way past his hay days. ( means he will get 16 sacks against Lions this year) IMO if the Bears have to depend on for more than a 4th rotational guy is a plus in my mind.

We will see if W.Young was a product of doubleteams inside to assist him. Sure Matty can get him to jump early 3 times each game!!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was not aware FA was over. Willie was backup material. Never seen teams have all backup guys signed after 2 weeks.

Had your post read Suh to Bears and nothing to Detroit...maybe then it would a valid point.:L

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If were going to lose Suh, Maybe he can go to Seattle and piss off the rest of the league......Didn't he have a incident driving up there couple years ago or am I thinking about a different state? Maybe he has ties up there.

Maybe it was Portland? Whatever, he was up there for a reason.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If were going to lose Suh, Maybe he can go to Seattle and piss off the rest of the league......Didn't he have a incident driving up there couple years ago or am I thinking about a different state? Maybe he has ties up there.

Maybe it was Portland? Whatever, he was up there for a reason.

Portland it was... he grew up in Portland area.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and the Bears signed Houston and Idonije.

I feared cutting Peppers would let you bastards up your talent/depth, bring back Peanut and add Allen. Turns out I Had more to fear than fear itself. Allen ate us alive, as far as Im concerned he's still lethal. Damnit!

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Ihedigbo too we've won the 'all-special-teams-FA' award this offseason. Two more signings and we could combine them into one real starter!