• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC in 2014

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we already said, it was only a few short years ago where the Seahawks won the NFC west with a record of 7-9 which means the entire division sucked. This year we had 3 teams with 10 or more wins. Things can change in a hurry. We don't know who will grow and who will decline next year and I was thinking about some of those teams in the NFC before I made this thread. The thought of an improved GB and Eagles on top of what we had last year is frightening.

Exactly Wiz hindsight is a bitch and we are all arm chair QB's,personally i think it is a good thread discussion wise.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we already said, it was only a few short years ago where the Seahawks won the NFC west with a record of 7-9 which means the entire division sucked. This year we had 3 teams with 10 or more wins. Things can change in a hurry. We don't know who will grow and who will decline next year and I was thinking about some of those teams in the NFC before I made this thread. The thought of an improved GB and Eagles on top of what we had last year is frightening.

While the NFC West was often disparaged there for a few years, they have performed quite well in the playoffs recently. The NFC West has won at least 1 playoff game for 10 straight years. The last time they failed to do so was in the 03-04 season when the Seahawks and Rams both lost their first playoff game.

The 7 - 9 hawks still won a game, the 8 - 8 cards went to the superbowl, etc.

I'm too lazy to go check this out, but I would bet that would be the longest active streak of any of the divisions.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we really have some butt hurt Bronco fan on here saying it would've been different with Clady and Miller? lol please. Seattle had their entire O-Line out at one point during the year (believe the Houston game). Okung is just as good as Clady and Harvin has as much value as Miller.

A ton of Manning's pressure was all coming from the right side of the line... that was the side that got dominated. And Miller would have helped some but Seattle's special teams and defense was all they needed (points wise) to win.

Give me a break.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we really have some butt hurt Bronco fan on here saying it would've been different with Clady and Miller? lol please. Seattle had their entire O-Line out at one point during the year (believe the Houston game). Okung is just as good as Clady and Harvin has as much value as Miller.

A ton of Manning's pressure was all coming from the right side of the line... that was the side that got dominated. And Miller would have helped some but Seattle's special teams and defense was all they needed (points wise) to win.

Give me a break.

Reading Comprehension is important! I never once said that having those two would have made the difference for the Broncos. The Broncos got dominated in all 3 phases of the game. Those two would not make a difference in deciding the game. Now they would make a difference in keeping the game a little closer but that is about it at this point.

First off Okung is not as good as Clady. He has been to one pro bowl so far in his career. Clady has gone all but 2 years plus been All-Pro 3 of the 5 years he has been in the NFL. So 3 of the 5 he actually played in he was All-Pro 1st or 2nd team. So don't even try to compare the two.

Harvin is a dangerous player but to say he and Miller are comparable is laughable. Harvin has been injury prone his whole career and still has yet to top a thousand yards receiving. He is a dangerous returner I will give him that but guys who can't stay on the field cannot be in talks with a guys who are All-Pro and top 3 or so Defensive Players in the NFL at this point. Heck Harvin might struggle to be even considered one of the top 10 players at his own position at this point because of injuries.

Again these two guys would not have made the Broncos Super Bowl Champions. Seahawks were just that good on that day. They will though along with the other 6 starters coming off of IR make a difference in the overall quality of the team. Usually the less players you have on IR means for the Broncos they would especially have had a better defense which then pushes those guys who were starting to Special Teams meaning the Broncos would have had a better Special Teams unit. Again not saying the Broncos would win the game. Just means the overall quality of the team next year should be better because of all the players returning. Also shows if other teams would have been without 8 starters (36%) of their starters then yes their overall quality would go down. The Seahawks would have been in the same boat losing that many starters. There is a reason players are starters or bench players.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it more of

1. Seattle
2. San Fran

Then the a fight for who's the best in the next tier?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it more of

1. Seattle
2. San Fran

A healthy Broncos team will lead the next tier I believe. Then its really a crap shoot from there. You could make an argument for many teams.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nfc is stronger right now. Things can change pretty quickly though.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it more of

1. Seattle
2. San Fran

I think it's too early to say that for next season. Seattle went out in the last off season and scored two pass rushers and one of the most explosive offensive weapons in the game and rocketed themselves up to NFC favorites from where they were before, which was on that second tier down.

There are several teams that have a strong enough core with a solid franchise QB that could score in FA and find themselves jumping in those lists.

We will have to wait until after the draft and as the FA's starting moving to see who are the favorites of the league.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's too early to say that for next season. Seattle went out in the last off season and scored two pass rushers and one of the most explosive offensive weapons in the game and rocketed themselves up to NFC favorites from where they were before, which was on that second tier down.

There are several teams that have a strong enough core with a solid franchise QB that could score in FA and find themselves jumping in those lists.

We will have to wait until after the draft and as the FA's starting moving to see who are the favorites of the league.

Exactly. Teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Packers, Bears, Eagles, Panthers etc. Are a few moves away from being tier one, possible 12+ win teams.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Packers, Bears, Eagles, Panthers etc. Are a few moves away from being tier one, possible 12+ win teams.

Throw in like I said injuries can quickly derail a season for a team. Like the Packers as you listed say Rodgers goes down again then they go from a few moves competing for a Super Bowl to possibly bottom 3rd of the league. Panthers if Cam Newton goes down. Injuries seem to be more prevalent in the game with all the new rules causing players to aim lower.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw in like I said injuries can quickly derail a season for a team. Like the Packers as you listed say Rodgers goes down again then they go from a few moves competing for a Super Bowl to possibly bottom 3rd of the league. Panthers if Cam Newton goes down. Injuries seem to be more prevalent in the game with all the new rules causing players to aim lower.

Yeah. Its insane how many injuries the Bears had last season. They had to almost start a completely new defense at one point. If they all get healthy, that team is going to be very scary. Same with the Packers. Both of them had so many injuries it just wasn't fair. lol. And yeah, if the QB goes down, its over. Good god, if Tannehill got hurt :L I don't think the Dolphins could sniff the endzone without him. Matt Moore gets worse and worse as a player year to year. As a Dolphin: 17 TDs, 21 Turnovers :L His only game time this past season: 2-6 53 yards, 2 INTs and a fumble :doh:

Lets see, yeah, pretty much ever team would have that problem. Are there any truly good backup QBs in this league? Maybe Flynn and Orton. They are at least smart with the ball. But back to the thread. Another team that can come out of nowhere, the Giants. Well it isn't really out of nowhere. Everyone knows they have what it takes. They are like the ultimate flip flop team. One year, they are a horrible mess and look like they could be in rebuild mode, might fire all the staff, etc. The next year, they play great, and make a playoff run. I expect them to win 9 or 10 next season. Don't know if it will be enough to unseat the Eagles though.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it more of

1. Seattle
2. SF

To dismiss The Ravens and Steelers is your error. Seattle and SF were built to win with great defense which emulate Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

AFCN style of football is great for winning championships and while it was rebuilding this year make no mistake it will be THE power division again.

Seattle had a great year congrats but SF has done nothing but lose a Super Bowl and then a NFCCG.

:laugh3:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To dismiss The Ravens and Steelers is your error. Seattle and SF were built to win with great defense which emulate Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

AFCN style of football is great for winning championships and while it was rebuilding this year make no mistake it will be THE power division again.

Seattle had a great year congrats but SF has done nothing but lose a Super Bowl and then a NFCCG.

Holy necropost. You bring up a thread with no posts in 8 days for that? :L

I mean don't you already have a thread you have hijacked for your own stupidity that everyone has basically left for you and your buddy to rant away in? You need more? :whistle:

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy necropost. You bring up a thread with no posts in 8 days for that? :L

I mean don't you already have a thread you have hijacked for your own stupidity that everyone has basically left for you and your buddy to rant away in? You need more? :whistle:

Well looky here it's another Seattle fan with her panties in a knot. half the thread is talking about AFC teams I was just pointing out the obvious. U ladies seem to forget so I am here to remind u when u falter.

Don't like what I say move along want to engage then do so either way I don't really give a shit.

More of Sf and Seattle? Insinuating what more short term successes with long stints of mediocrity?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of NFC teams. I think the Rams will surprise a lot of people this coming year. Think their Defense is underrated & with room for improvement. They make a couple right moves here in the offseason that will be the team to pay attention too.

Don't think they will go to the superbowl this year, but I do think all the superbowl contenders wont want to play them. if they were in any NFC division besides the one they are in they might be division champs.

As far as the eagles. they were my surprise team of last season, but I don't think you can expect a QB to to go with 2 INTs again. So think they fall back into the pack this year. Also DCs now have more game tape on that offense. (& QB)

to me looking at healthy teams you have
Seattle, SF, GB, & NO

then the pack of everyone else in the NFC.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well looky here it's another Seattle fan with her panties in a knot. half the thread is talking about AFC teams I was just pointing out the obvious. U ladies seem to forget so I am here to remind u when u falter.

Don't like what I say move along want to engage then do so either way I don't really give a shit.

More of Sf and Seattle? Insinuating what more short term successes with long stints of mediocrity?

You're an asshole of Breaker99 proportions.

And before I forget, I have to throw in the cliche, gratuitous smilie of the hyper-obnoxious dickhead...

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the Rams. They will be strong with high draft picks this year and an aggressive D with the new DC.

I don't know how u can discount Carolina and there D? That d is only going to be better this year and Newton is coming into his own.

I look for the NFC South to be more dominant this year.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an asshole of Breaker99 proportions.

And before I forget, I have to throw in the gratuitous smilie of the hyper-obnoxious dickhead...

Which part of what I said hurt your butt worse? I can't even take u serious with the Titan Avi it's like u have been cursed enuff or u lost a bet.

Was it where I don't agree that the NFCW is as awesome as they think it was or that you just har no clue what your talking about?

Administrator calling me a dickhead? I won't engage bc last time I did u pussies banned me from Thr Denver board. Them calling me names me owning them as usual then BOOM. banned.

Passive aggressive f##g%ts.