• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East camp updates!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard 37 Seahawks fans say they’d trade Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner and 4 1st round picks for Wentz. I swear those Seahawks fans are nuts.

I find it really hard to believe Eagle fans were saying our Corners are good. Really hard

Good for those Hawks fans. Once again since you called me out, please tell me what I heard on the radio. This shouldn't be difficult and don't fucking tuck your tail and run. Man the fuck up and tell me what you heard.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for those Hawks fans. Once again since you called me out, please tell me what I heard on the radio. This shouldn't be difficult and don't fucking tuck your tail and run. Man the fuck up and tell me what you heard.

He won’t

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again every team has injuries. But who lost two excellent DTs and will be starting their 5th and 6th CBs this week. Sometimes it just gets past the devastating point. I’m just saying or asking why isn’t that a valid excuse for a team struggling?

Because the eagles won last night. If it was a “valid excuse” the eagles wouldn’t/couldn’t have won. It’s a lame excuse.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut me a fucking break. When you lose 4 fucking CBs you think I was including guys not even on the team. We had 3 really good DTs and you expect the 3rd string guys to be good. You’re fucking impossible dude. We are signing guys off the street to start. Jesus you’re impossible
Hey, I'm just going off all the Eagles have depth talk. Once again maybe all those depth claims were WRONG.
Oh, please stop trying to say Jernigan was good any more. He is a shell of himself due to back issues.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous. I can only imagine what you think of the Cowboys being the Eagles have won a shit ton more playoff games the last 23 years. The coach isn’t good? I think you banged your head because one thing everyone knows is Jason Garrett is a fucking genius.
there it is with "23 years". What does 20+ year old teams have to do with this team or coach?

And show me my post where I said Garrett is a good coach.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again every team has injuries. But who lost two excellent DTs and will be starting their 5th and 6th CBs this week. Sometimes it just gets past the devastating point. I’m just saying or asking why isn’t that a valid excuse for a team struggling?
This will be long so feel free to not read.

I don't like getting into semantics on message boards, but excuses are for whiners in my book. Excuses are things people say to avoid admitting the many other reasons they lost and try to save face. Excuses are a made up argument to really just say "we would have won if", which is silly because it can't be proven. If you want to say injuries are part of the reason you lost I'm with you 100%. There are a million reasons why teams win or lose games and injuries are absolutely part of the reason for NFL teams and certainly seem to be a big part for Philly this year, but they are not the only reason as you infer when you say they are a valid excuse in your comment above as if it absolves you from having to accept any loss as being outplayed by the guys on the field. It's not too much different than blaming refs IMO. The Saints didn't lose to the Rams because of the refs last year. They lost because they didn't play enough better than the Rams to overcome a horrible call. That call was part of the reason they lost but not the reason. Injuries work the same way.

It's been real bad luck for Philly on that front as far as the number of players lost. But, you can't change injuries in the NFL and not wishing more on you, but there is a good chance you will have someone else important get injured or at least banged up in Week 5 as the Cowboys and every other team likely will this weekend. Every year the Dallas defense relied on Sean Lee to be their leader and best player and every year he got hurt and the difference in the numbers with and without Lee was staggering and an obvious huge part of the reason why the Cowboys lost some big games including playoff games. But no one wanted to hear it as an excuse and it wasn't a catchall. Just like no one cares after the fact if you played a hard or easy schedule. Philly playing the Dolphins without Wentz is an easier win than Philly playing NE with Wentz. It's just life in the NFL and so are injuries.

Let's get into the players you have lost. I still say the Giants, Saints and Steelers are all worse off with their injuries even though it's much less players. The number is pretty big for Philly and the cumulative effect is big, but let's look at each one because I'm not sure it is as devastating as being portrayed.

Jason Peters is a great player and a huge loss, but he will never be healthy again and everyone knew this in the offseason so it is completely expected and thus almost doesn't even count. Guess what...he will get hurt again next year too if he doesn't retire. Using him being hurt is no different than me using Sean Lee from a couple of years ago when he was great. Since we all know he is getting hurt and expect it, it's just part of the season. As far as your backup LT goes, you kind of have a few guys there in the mix from what I read from you preseason. I'm not sure that one is much better than the others or not so not sure how much this injury really hurts you and I don't think your 1st round pick is hurt too bad?

Jeffery - good player. Not great. Only missed one game. Hasn't had 1,000 yards since 2014. I like him a lot but with Ertz more as the clear #1 target he becomes more a secondary option for you even though I think he still has the potential to be good. Not a huge loss but a good player if healthy. Maybe comparable to Gallup? Not sure how to rank them as Gallup looks way better than Jeffery this year, but Jeffery has obviously been better in his career. Again one game so nothing to see here.

D Jax - Role player. Stretches the field and you can see things are more crowded in the short middle of the field without him there, but still mostly a one trick pony.

CBs - at some point when guys keep getting hurt you need to do something about it and get other guys. I'm a a big fan of Sidney Jones, but the best ability is availability. If you cant stay on the field you can't be counted on and honestly even though the potential may be there and I think he will end up a really good player, he hasn't played up to his expectations yet when he has been on the field. Most of your corners just haven't proven to be better than average so while saying over and over how you are "down to our 6th CB" is indeed a tough break for any team, for you to compare them being out to guys like Byron Jones or Awuzie being out is silly because the drop off from your starters to your practice squad isn't the same as it would be for us. Still this is definitely a huge problem for Philly and going to be tough to overcome, but isn't it the exact same problem you had in 2017? You said yourself you and every fan knew you had a problem with your CBs. Maybe this is on the GM.

DT. I like Malik Jackson but don't think he has been more than a pretty good player outside of one year with Denver and one year with Jax. I think he is a big loss, but it's not like he was going to be an All Pro this year. He was a starter for a reason and part of the rotation of guys you were going to use and him being out definitely hurts but I don't think you were going to get quite what Eagles fans expected from him if he didn't get hurt. A good pass rusher but what has he averaged? 5 or 6 sacks a year? You got him basically for what amounts to a 2 year contract for less than $9M per year for a reason. I like Jernigan a lot and think he is great against the run (doesn't do much of anything as a pass rusher). Him out vs Dallas week 7 I think will help us a lot against you in our run game, but you declined his option and were going to get rid of him in the offseason until you brought him back on a one year deal. Didn't seem like a priority. So tough to pretend it's a huge loss now.

I'm sure I missed some guys but my point is while I think the cumulative effect of all of these guys being out is indeed significant I don't think there is any one guy that is killing you by being out and I think it is not quite as bad as it is being made out to be on this board or by the media. No one is pretending it isn't hurting your chances to win, but it's not as bad as what some other teams have gone through this year IMHO. I wrote this fast so I may have misspoken in a case or two or not written something exactly how I meant so instead of trying to argue a particular sentence know my intent was to just say yes you have a shitty problem with injuries so far, but no it isn't anything that can't be overcome and no it isn't an excuse but is part of the reason why you are "struggling". But, 2-2 isn't so bad after 4 games

Want an excuse? Here's one. If Davante Adams didn't get hurt you lose that game and are 1-3. You want to go all in and win the NFC East and get a first round bye this year? Go out and get Jalen Ramsey. It will kill you down the road but improve your team ten-fold this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't like getting into semantics on message boards, but excuses are for whiners in my book. Excuses are things people say to avoid admitting the many other reasons they lost and try to save face. Excuses are a made up argument to really just say "we would have won if", which is silly because it can't be proven. If you want to say injuries are part of the reason you lost I'm with you 100%. There are a million reasons why teams win or lose games and injuries are absolutely part of the reason for NFL teams and certainly seem to be a big part for Philly this year, but they are not the only reason as you infer when you say they are a valid excuse in your comment above as if it absolves you from having to accept any loss as being outplayed by the guys on the field. It's not too much different than blaming refs IMO. The Saints didn't lose to the Rams because of the refs last year. They lost because they didn't play enough better than the Rams to overcome a horrible call. That call was part of the reason they lost but not the reason. Injuries work the same way.

It's been real bad luck for Philly on that front as far as the number of players lost. But, you can't change injuries in the NFL and not wishing more on you, but there is a good chance you will have someone else important get injured or at least banged up in Week 5 as the Cowboys and every other team likely will this weekend. Every year the Dallas defense relied on Sean Lee to be their leader and best player and every year he got hurt and the difference in the numbers with and without Lee was staggering and an obvious huge part of the reason why the Cowboys lost some big games including playoff games. But no one wanted to hear it as an excuse and it wasn't a catchall. Just like no one cares after the fact if you played a hard or easy schedule. Philly playing the Dolphins without Wentz is an easier win than Philly playing NE with Wentz. It's just life in the NFL and so are injuries.

Let's get into the players you have lost. I still say the Giants, Saints and Steelers are all worse off with their injuries even though it's much less players. The number is pretty big for Philly and the cumulative effect is big, but let's look at each one because I'm not sure it is as devastating as being portrayed.

Jason Peters is a great player and a huge loss, but he will never be healthy again and everyone knew this in the offseason so it is completely expected and thus almost doesn't even count. Guess what...he will get hurt again next year too if he doesn't retire. Using him being hurt is no different than me using Sean Lee from a couple of years ago when he was great. Since we all know he is getting hurt and expect it, it's just part of the season. As far as your backup LT goes, you kind of have a few guys there in the mix from what I read from you preseason. I'm not sure that one is much better than the others or not so not sure how much this injury really hurts you and I don't think your 1st round pick is hurt too bad?

Jeffery - good player. Not great. Only missed one game. Hasn't had 1,000 yards since 2014. I like him a lot but with Ertz more as the clear #1 target he becomes more a secondary option for you even though I think he still has the potential to be good. Not a huge loss but a good player if healthy. Maybe comparable to Gallup? Not sure how to rank them as Gallup looks way better than Jeffery this year, but Jeffery has obviously been better in his career. Again one game so nothing to see here.

D Jax - Role player. Stretches the field and you can see things are more crowded in the short middle of the field without him there, but still mostly a one trick pony.

CBs - at some point when guys keep getting hurt you need to do something about it and get other guys. I'm a a big fan of Sidney Jones, but the best ability is availability. If you cant stay on the field you can't be counted on and honestly even though the potential may be there and I think he will end up a really good player, he hasn't played up to his expectations yet when he has been on the field. Most of your corners just haven't proven to be better than average so while saying over and over how you are "down to our 6th CB" is indeed a tough break for any team, for you to compare them being out to guys like Byron Jones or Awuzie being out is silly because the drop off from your starters to your practice squad isn't the same as it would be for us. Still this is definitely a huge problem for Philly and going to be tough to overcome, but isn't it the exact same problem you had in 2017? You said yourself you and every fan knew you had a problem with your CBs. Maybe this is on the GM.

DT. I like Malik Jackson but don't think he has been more than a pretty good player outside of one year with Denver and one year with Jax. I think he is a big loss, but it's not like he was going to be an All Pro this year. He was a starter for a reason and part of the rotation of guys you were going to use and him being out definitely hurts but I don't think you were going to get quite what Eagles fans expected from him if he didn't get hurt. A good pass rusher but what has he averaged? 5 or 6 sacks a year? You got him basically for what amounts to a 2 year contract for less than $9M per year for a reason. I like Jernigan a lot and think he is great against the run (doesn't do much of anything as a pass rusher). Him out vs Dallas week 7 I think will help us a lot against you in our run game, but you declined his option and were going to get rid of him in the offseason until you brought him back on a one year deal. Didn't seem like a priority. So tough to pretend it's a huge loss now.

I'm sure I missed some guys but my point is while I think the cumulative effect of all of these guys being out is indeed significant I don't think there is any one guy that is killing you by being out and I think it is not quite as bad as it is being made out to be on this board or by the media. No one is pretending it isn't hurting your chances to win, but it's not as bad as what some other teams have gone through this year IMHO. I wrote this fast so I may have misspoken in a case or two or not written something exactly how I meant so instead of trying to argue a particular sentence know my intent was to just say yes you have a shitty problem with injuries so far, but no it isn't anything that can't be overcome and no it isn't an excuse but is part of the reason why you are "struggling". But, 2-2 isn't so bad after 4 games

Want an excuse? Here's one. If Davante Adams didn't get hurt you lose that game and are 1-3. You want to go all in and win the NFC East and get a first round bye this year? Go out and get Jalen Ramsey. It will kill you down the road but improve your team ten-fold this year.
Let me be the first to say to myself: TLDR :D

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t matter if they are as good or better. Dallas would be losing if they had the amount of injuries we had and that’s just a flat out fact. I’m just saying why do people discount massive amount of injury and act like it’s no issue at all. It was a hypothetical. If Dallas lost all those players and they lost I’d sure say it was injury related.
Covered in my previous ridiculously long post. Of course if Dallas lost the players you mentioned they would lose. You mentioned like 7 possible All Pros!!! That is not at all what you lost.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Davonte Adams getting hurt doesn’t count

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*From the very begining I said the injuries are only part of us losing. Huge HUGE ill timed drops have hurt. The De's do nothing have hurt, the OLine played great Thurs but werent playing as well as normal the first 3.

*I think Desean does a lot for opening things up for Ertz, Goedert and Agholor. All summer it was being reported that him an Wentz had a connection and we saw that week one. I agree he is a roll player but I knew from the signing he was going to have a big roll because our O is based around having a speed guy and he is MUCH better then what weve had in the past. He sure looked damn good week one.
*Now the Jason Peters issue was addressed because people said we had no depth. I know they are sky high on the rookie 1st round LT. THe point was Peters went down and then a few plays later the rookie went down. THen we bring in our 3rd T who did start all through the championship run and half of 2017. Pretty good for a #3 and Ford writes it off as "He cant be that good if he got beat out by a rookie". THats just nonsense. The Jason Peters issue was just about us having depth which Ford said was nonexistent... which is ridiculous.
*I do agree that the Cowboys CBs are better then Philly's and Im not a Sydney Jones fan. He looks like a bust to me. But even though our two starters arent great, to lose them, their 2 backups and then to sign a guy off the street last week and sign a guys off the street yesterday is a big BIG fucking problem considering they are now our 2 starters. But Philly does need to address that problem but its seems so hard to find good CBs.
*Malik Jackson is a good player. Malik Jackson being backed up by Jernigan is a really nice situation considering we have F. Cox too. But boom, we get one game out of our 10 million dollar FA but it wasnt devastating because we had an excellent backup and BOOM... he now breaks his foot. Those are two really good players that also kept the rotation fresh that are now gone. That hursts but not devastating in any way. Jernigan is a big loss. Just because we didnt give him a long term deal doesnt mean he wasnt important.

I completely agree that the Eagles have been forced into a situation to get Ramsey and I hate losing first round picks. Maybe teams have lost a bigger name guy then us but nobody is close to the severe injury problem we have. Not remotely close. The crazy thing is as poorly as this team is playing we are two simple TD catches put right in their freaking hands away from being 4-0. But they just didnt make the plays. We arent a 4-0 type team but we would be without the rash of injuries.