• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Next Homestand vs Padres & Orioles

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and why didn't you go out and get another guy? Well money of course, but a lockdown guy from a team out of it would have been huge.
Didn’t all of the teams who got pitchers have to get rid of top end prospects (besides the Mariners)? Just seems the price for pitching was really really steep this year so it would’ve been really really dumb to do a Graveman to Castillo type move when they would’ve given up a Young or insert top 5. They have been on a roll but I still don’t get if that is what there plan was for the deadline then just do nothing. It’s not like Sewald was gone after the year and Canzone could’ve been had for peanuts by every site I have read. This is the perception I got from locked on DBacks but Bliss had to be added cause Rojas and Canzone alone wasn’t worth Sewald.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Kelenic and JP back as soon as possible, our O needs the lift
Has anyone heard any update on Kelenic? I think it was 4 weeks in a boot then go from there. The plus with being a pro athlete is your PT is with team guys who the entire job is to get you back to peak for the team.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard any update on Kelenic? I think it was 4 weeks in a boot then go from there. The plus with being a pro athlete is your PT is with team guys who the entire job is to get you back to peak for the team.
I’ve heard early Sept he should be ready, it’s always give or take a bit …

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I landed in Vegas at noon amd my first sports book bet was on the Ms winning. Oops. But it's hard to get too upset given how good they've been. The os are good.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t all of the teams who got pitchers have to get rid of top end prospects (besides the Mariners)? Just seems the price for pitching was really really steep this year so it would’ve been really really dumb to do a Graveman to Castillo type move when they would’ve given up a Young or insert top 5. They have been on a roll but I still don’t get if that is what there plan was for the deadline then just do nothing. It’s not like Sewald was gone after the year and Canzone could’ve been had for peanuts by every site I have read. This is the perception I got from locked on DBacks but Bliss had to be added cause Rojas and Canzone alone wasn’t worth Sewald.
Top prospects traded for relievers at deadline:

5. Marco Vargas, SS, Mets​

• Acquired from Marlins in David Robertston trade
Vargas, an 18-year-old converted catcher, might end up being the steal of the deadline relative to his pre-trade standing. In 33 complex league games this season prior to the trade, he batted .283/.457/.442 with bright green advanced statistical indicators regarding his ability to put the stick on the ball. There's danger in getting too excited about data posted at the lowest levels -- when was the last time anyone got hot and bothered about Heriberto Hernandez? -- but it's a gift from above to get this kind of profile in return for a rental reliever.
23. Ronald Hernandez, C, Mets (No. 21)
Acquired from the Marlins in the David Robertson trade

11. Sem Robberse, RHP, Cardinals​

• Acquired from Blue Jays in Jordan Hicks trade
You might remember Robberse from his recent Futures Game appearance. He's originally a product of the Netherlands who signed with the Blue Jays for just over $120,000 Now, he'll fly with a different flock. Robberse has already established himself at Double-A as a 21-year-old. He projects to have several average or better offerings, including a quality changeup, and good command. That combo should enable him to stick in a big-league rotation, perhaps as soon as next summer.
29. Adam Kloffenstein, RHP, Cardinals (No. 22)
Acquired from the Blue Jays in the Jordan Hicks trade

21. Henry Williams, RHP, Royals (No. 9)
Acquired from the Padres in the Scott Barlow trade
22. Korey Lee, C, White Sox (No. 14)
Acquired from the Astros in the Kendall Graveman trade
25. Jeremiah Jackson, INF/OF, Mets (No. 22)
Acquired from the Angels in the Dominic Leone trade

I don't see anything crazy. Nobody like our Top 5 or maybe even Top 10.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vargas, an 18-year-old converted catcher, might end up being the steal of the deadline relative to his pre-trade standing. In 33 complex league games this season prior to the trade, he batted .283/.457/.442 with bright green advanced statistical indicators regarding his ability to put the stick on the ball. There's danger in getting too excited about data posted at the lowest levels -- when was the last time anyone got hot and bothered about Heriberto Hernandez? -- but it's a gift from above to get this kind of profile in return for a rental reliever.

You might remember Robberse from his recent Futures Game appearance. He's originally a product of the Netherlands who signed with the Blue Jays for just over $120,000 Now, he'll fly with a different flock. Robberse has already established himself at Double-A as a 21-year-old. He projects to have several average or better offerings, including a quality changeup, and good command. That combo should enable him to stick in a big-league rotation, perhaps as soon as next summer.

Our guys

16. Ryan Bliss, SS/2B, Mariners (No. 14)
Acquired from the D-backs in the Paul Sewald trade
14. Dominic Canzone, OF/1B, Mariners (No. 13)
Acquired from the D-backs in the Paul Sewald trade

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If mariners..don't.make.the playoffs by one.
Game then I will blame..
The umpires...
And for cheating....with a balk...
Call..in the 9th..inning..of a critical. Game.

An obvious cheat...

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin shenton .on the injured...much of 22.
Mariners only.traded him.to.tampa in 21.
So..he is just called..to AAA..from.AA.
And only..5 hrs at.AAA..but 22..overall .in
2023...At ..AAA..and AA.
He is still a good prospect
Better..than people..realize..
Playes mostly .at. 1b..know..he can still.3b.
Hit 303.in 2023....22 hrs..76.rbis..
That is good for 2 lvls.
And so..it is..still blocked by Meade..
Shenton.is prime time..out of Florida international ..25 years old.
Bats left..

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If mariners..don't.make.the playoffs by one.
Game then I will blame..
The umpires...
And for cheating....with a balk...
Call..in the 9th..inning..of a critical. Game.

An obvious cheat...
No sir. If/ when they come up short I will have a laundry list of people to blame and the umps from yesterday's game won't be on it.

Even after that botched call they had their chances to overcome it and failed to do so.

They don't move along runners. They don't take what pitchers give them or shorten up their swings with 2 strikes. They don't adjust from AB to AB the way good hitting teams do. They are terrible at managing when to pull a starter.

Add giving away their closer just before the stretch run and I'll have plenty to go after this off season.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just so frustrating with how poor we are with hitting in clutch situation.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F'd up that series they had to have
Agree

Mathmatically its just a single game in the loss column vs the Win column.

But it was the mic drop of another series win ( against the BEST team in the entire AL ) and then hitting road on a really high note.

Instead they drag themselves out of town with their asses banging the back of their legs.

The next 7-10 will decide if their playoff odds possibly go up to 25-30% or drop to 5-10%.

Not sure where they stand current time ( I am guessing 15-20% )

They have given away too many close games all season and too many games in extras or 9th inning by allowing a run or 2 or not getting a run or 2.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree

Mathmatically its just a single game in the loss column vs the Win column.

But it was the mic drop of another series win ( against the BEST team in the entire AL ) and then hitting road on a really high note.

Instead they drag themselves out of town with their asses banging the back of their legs.

The next 7-10 will decide if their playoff odds possibly go up to 25-30% or drop to 5-10%.

Not sure where they stand current time ( I am guessing 15-20% )

They have given away too many close games all season and too many games in extras or 9th inning by allowing a run or 2 or not getting a run or 2.
Agreed! Far too many games they've let slide due to being undisciplined at the plate late in games. Guys swinging for the fences instead of putting the ball in play has killed this team and that falls on Servias for not correcting their approach. The Baltimore series could have been a real stepping stone of momentum going forward but you're correct, tail between the legs and limp out of town.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jung hoo.lee..Korea..cf..in only the 3rd best baseball...league..in the world..hit 22 hrs..
Will be posted after..2023.season..
I'll take it..
But he is a left handed..bat.marinets need.
A right handed.
Boston prob will be on it .

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners are way.long on left handed.
Bats.in the out field
In everywhere..except .1b

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While mariners and fans.are agonizing..
Over ..loses to Baltimore..
Crawford and kelenic .still..out .
And.
We are watching hopefull emergences..
Of canzone and .Marlowe..
Rojas..
Is starting to play well..for the mariners.
This is is also..what .makes teams.
Better...
With Rojas being .a utility..and platoon.
Player..at 2b..
And with
Crawford being out ...
Rojases..value.is.showing ..
And.
Cabelleros..as well...

So nice...

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I didn’t recall any bats costing anything of significance. I know pitching netted really good prospects back teams. The Mets basically bought the top prospects from the Astros and Rangers and the Angels overpaid according to everything I read. But none of the guys Jerry is even seriously considering ever becoming a Mariner would’ve been lost and certainly nothing crazy like trading Logan Gilbert. With how the deadline shook out the Cardinals would’ve had to give up Walker plus other guys.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just the balk that screwed us. Brutal game against us.