• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Newton's success will help Baylor's Griffin

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Robert Griffin and Cam Newton are two types of QBs. Newton like Big Ben, are qbs that difficult to sack when they're standing in the pocket (too big and strong for blitzing nickel backs to tackle; and too quick for DTs; and process the speed of the game much faster than lbs).

Griffin has better feet than Cam and he's a bit more agile / faster than Cam too. With all that said, if you look at Cam's college games in comparison to Griffin's anyone will see that Cam is the better scrambler. Griffin to me is a mixture of Josh Johnson and Josh Freeman combine into one.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why do you bring up Daulton in every thread about Newton?

The thread compared 2 rookie seasons. Dalton's the only other rookie QB who's started all season, and he's having a better season than Cam.

I'm not impressed by Cam Newton's rookie year. He's actually doing about what I'd expect from a rookie QB on a team with very good offensive talent. And Peyton Manning CERTAINLY didn't have a good first 6 games despite throwing for what was a relatively large sum of yards in '98.

I think he is having a better season than Daulton, he has produced a lot more TDs.
Very good offensive talent? About as good as the Bengals IMO.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton had a great game against the Redskins. He deserves a lot of credit for it. If he keeps up that level of play I'll be impressed.

Are you fucking kidding me? The only way you'll be impressed with Newton as a rookie is if he completes 78% of his passes at 11 YPA with two scores at a 127 QB rating every game?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Are you fucking kidding me? The only way you'll be impressed with Newton as a rookie is if he completes 78% of his passes at 11 YPA with two scores at a 127 QB rating every game?

Are you kidding ME? Did I say that was teh ONLY way I'd be impressed by him? I gave the guy his due credit for a great game and you're criticizing me.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Listen to what Dilfer had to say about Cam in this podcast. Also, remember Dilfer's assessment of Cam back in April 2011 when he was one of the very few people in the media that was authorized to view the private workout for scouts (fast forward to 5:25):
Trent Dilfer
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7144189

Last edited by a moderator:

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and look at what D's Griffin will face to end the season with a huge match up this weekend
with #3 Ranked OKS..
"Robert Griffin III, the nation's most efficient passer, brings Baylor (4-2, 1-2) and the second-most productive offense in the country to Stillwater on Saturday for homecoming. Beyond that, there's a date with No. 10 Kansas State, two more road games and then a season-ending clash with 11th-ranked Oklahoma."