• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Newton's success will help Baylor's Griffin

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"in 1998, Peyton Manning was as safe and pro-ready a quarterback prospect as they come. In 2011, Cam Newton was seen as a spectacular athlete, but a risk because he was raw at the position.

Both started in Week 1 as rookies, Newton with a truncated offseason. Their respective numbers through six weeks …

MANNING (1998): 113-210 (53.8 percent), 1,346 yards, 6 TD, 14 INT
NEWTON (2011): 134-229 (58.5 percent), 1,847 yards, 7 TD, 9 INT

So Newton threw more, for a higher completion percentage, more yards, more touchdowns and fewer interceptions than Manning. Both players' teams were 1-5 at that juncture."

dude is str8 up playing LIKE A BOSS!!! and with that ppl are going to look at athletic qbs in a new light after him because are generation knows you have to throw the ball down field you have be be accurate however you cant shake the god given talent to get ghost at any time run ppl over and play 16 games it will be interesting to see where he falls ... i could see top 10 after jones

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"in 1998, Peyton Manning was as safe and pro-ready a quarterback prospect as they come. In 2011, Cam Newton was seen as a spectacular athlete, but a risk because he was raw at the position.

Both started in Week 1 as rookies, Newton with a truncated offseason. Their respective numbers through six weeks ***8230;

MANNING (1998): 113-210 (53.8 percent), 1,346 yards, 6 TD, 14 INT
NEWTON (2011): 134-229 (58.5 percent), 1,847 yards, 7 TD, 9 INT

So Newton threw more, for a higher completion percentage, more yards, more touchdowns and fewer interceptions than Manning. Both players' teams were 1-5 at that juncture."

dude is str8 up playing LIKE A BOSS!!! and with that ppl are going to look at athletic qbs in a new light after him because are generation knows you have to throw the ball down field you have be be accurate however you cant shake the god given talent to get ghost at any time run ppl over and play 16 games it will be interesting to see where he falls ... i could see top 10 after jones

I say why wait? I'm sure there are multiple QB's out there that have crappy numbers through six games, maybe even one or two that won 2 games? I'm sure they will all become future HOFers. We should try to trade for a couple of them and have a Manning and back-up Manning of our own!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

You do realize that Manning's rookie season was dog crap for ANY rookie QB right? Newton's rookie season is not that impressive. Roethlisberger's rookie season was impressive.

dude is str8 up playing LIKE A BOSS!!!

What does that manke Andy Dalton then? playing like a CEO?

i could see top 10 after jones

So could I. But it's not because of his athletic ability. It's because he's been insanely efficient. I'm not saying it WILL happen; it's still early. But Griffin isn't just a runner who can throw.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no sic he is playing like a Manager!! tahh cause that's what he's doing managing the O and letting the Bangles top 5 D "6th in passing 3rd in rushing" do what they do CAM is single handedly keep Car in games with the like of NO and GB... nuff said

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
what they do CAM is single handedly keep Car in games with the like of NO and GB... nuff said

Meanwhile he's thrown 9 picks in 6 games, and he's 1-5; and the only team he beat is 1-5. But at least he "kept' them in games, whatever that means. That's a lot better than WINNING 4 games.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh by the way:

Carolina's OL > Cinci's OL

Carolina's receivers > Cinci's receivers

Carolina's RBs > Cinci's RBs.

Carolina's TEs > Cinci's TEs.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what they do CAM is single handedly keep Car in games with the like of NO and GB... nuff said

Meanwhile he's thrown 9 picks in 6 games, and he's 1-5; and the only team he beat is 1-5. But at least he "kept' them in games, whatever that means. That's a lot better than WINNING 4 games...nuff said

Fify.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh by the way:

Carolina's OL > Cinci's OL

Carolina's receivers > Cinci's receivers

Carolina's RBs > Cinci's RBs.

Carolina's TEs > Cinci's TEs.

I take AJ Green and Jerome Simpson over Steve Smith and insert scrub of the week.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton is averaging 8.05 yards per completion, BEFORE YACs are adjusted. That's the best in the league by a pretty good margin.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Meanwhile he's thrown 9 picks in 6 games, and he's 1-5; and the only team he beat is 1-5. But at least he "kept' them in games, whatever that means. That's a lot better than WINNING 4 games.

He also has 13 TDs in 6 games and a ton of yards.
The Bengals won twice as many games as the Panthers last year.
Why does every post about Newton lead you to a response about Dalton? Can't you be impressed with both?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

We all know he can run; I'm talking about him as a passer. More yards does't = better. More often than not a QB who throws for 300 yards loses. Probably because they're always playing from behind.

The Bengals won twice as many games as the Panthers last year

They were both bottom 4 teams, and the Bengals acquired NOBODY on offense. The Panthers acquired Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey.

Why does every post about Newton lead you to a response about Dalton? Can't you be impressed with both?

I'm not impressed by them both. Newton is playing like a rookie with a ton of yards. Dalton's playing pretty well, but nothing amazing.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

We all know he can run; I'm talking about him as a passer. More yards does't = better. More often than not a QB who throws for 300 yards loses. Probably because they're always playing from behind.

The Bengals won twice as many games as the Panthers last year

They were both bottom 4 teams, and the Bengals acquired NOBODY on offense. The Panthers acquired Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey.

I'm not impressed by them both. Newton is playing like a rookie with a ton of yards. Dalton's playing pretty well, but nothing amazing.

The three QBs with the most yards this tear are Rodgers, Brady and Brees, they don't lose more often than not.
Why do you bring up Daulton in every thread about Newton?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

The thread compared 2 rookie seasons. Dalton's the only other rookie QB who's started all season, and he's having a better season than Cam.

I'm not impressed by Cam Newton's rookie year. He's actually doing about what I'd expect from a rookie QB on a team with very good offensive talent. And Peyton Manning CERTAINLY didn't have a good first 6 games despite throwing for what was a relatively large sum of yards in '98.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you got to play the schedule your given but the last 2 teams Bengals played are 1-11 and they both came down to last minute plays. I agree daltons playing well but let's wait til he plays some real d

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The thread compared 2 rookie seasons. Dalton's the only other rookie QB who's started all season, and he's having a better season than Cam.

I'm not impressed by Cam Newton's rookie year. He's actually doing about what I'd expect from a rookie QB on a team with very good offensive talent. And Peyton Manning CERTAINLY didn't have a good first 6 games despite throwing for what was a relatively large sum of yards in '98.

Good not disagree any more with that statement

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There gose your win sic just admit it he will be the rookie of the year and he is playing LIKE A BOSS!!!!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how anyone can't be impressed with what Newton is doing. This is coming from a guy who had him as a 3rd/4th round pick, too.

For a QB to come in make the kind of impact he's making in his first year, after only 1 year in D1 college football is outstanding.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't understand how anyone can't be impressed with what Newton is doing. This is coming from a guy who had him as a 3rd/4th round pick, too.

For a QB to come in make the kind of impact he's making in his first year, after only 1 year in D1 college football is outstanding.

Absolutely!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Newton had a great game against the Redskins. He deserves a lot of credit for it. If he keeps up that level of play I'll be impressed.