• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Sheriff in town

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His name is Tom Herman. Herman's entrance to the first meeting apparently went as follows:

"Sit the fuck up! Feet on the floor, shoulders back and eyes on me!". Apparently, one freshman was the only one who didn't and Herman got his name real fast. Have a good friend who works in the athletic department and was in the meeting. Said Herman laid down the law FAST. Basically said if you don't like the way I run things, you can transfer b/c he'll find somebody who will take your place in a heartbeat b/c THIS IS TEXAS (my buddy said he sounded like Leonidas from 300)!!!!

Guess Strong was too busy trying to be their friend rather than hold players accountable. Let's just hope this translates into wins.....

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His name is Tom Herman. Herman's entrance to the first meeting apparently went as follows:

"Sit the fuck up! Feet on the floor, shoulders back and eyes on me!". Apparently, one freshman was the only one who didn't and Herman got his name real fast. Have a good friend who works in the athletic department and was in the meeting. Said Herman laid down the law FAST. Basically said if you don't like the way I run things, you can transfer b/c he'll find somebody who will take your place in a heartbeat b/c THIS IS TEXAS (my buddy said he sounded like Leonidas from 300)!!!!

Guess Strong was too busy trying to be their friend rather than hold players accountable. Let's just hope this translates into wins.....
Any speculation who he is getting for his coaching staff?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any speculation who he is getting for his coaching staff?

Not really. I've heard he may go after TCU's OC (Cumbie). I believe he is bringing his DC from Houston. Already made 4 hires for his staff. This is the part where Strong failed on an epic level. One thing is for sure, Herman cleaned house. Didn't keep any of Strong's assistants.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:10:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I've heard he may go after TCU's OC (Cumbie). I believe he is bringing his DC from Houston. Already made 4 hires for his staff. This is the part where Strong failed on an epic level. One thing is for sure, Herman cleaned house. Didn't keep any of Strong's assistants.
I think Tom was a great hire and will turn UT around quickly. I hope it's too late for him to sway our Texas recruits to his side. I think it's probably a little late for that, but he will keep the future talent from leaving the Lone Star State imo. Meyer is taking full advantage now. Our recruiting class is ridiculous and it's not even close to finshed yet. I think Okudah will be next. Anyway, Herman is an excellent recruiter and an excellent offensive mind. We miss him dearly in Columbus.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically said if you don't like the way I run things, you can transfer b/c he'll find somebody who will take your place in a heartbeat b/c THIS IS TEXAS
Ahh, the Charlie Strong method. Works like a charm.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've never heard the phrase sit up? :noidea: Like someone is slouching in his seat and you tell him "sit up"
I can't say I've ever had someone tell me to sit up. If it were said, it would have been "stop slouching".

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"stop slouching".
Same thing. When I grew up it was "Sit up and shut up" followed by a backhand if you didn't.

The head people say that probably fucked up my self esteem. But, that and other corrective acts considered cruel by some bleeding hearts sure improved my behavior considerably.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I graduated from high school with Cumbie's dad Bobby Jack. The "kid" is a quality individual and not just a good coach. He bided his time at Tech until it was his turn without whining or looking to transfer. His family would have had none of that shit I guarantee that.

What's strange, is his dad wasn't athletic at all. But he was good sized and strong.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread Derailed

1286085q658yukfte.gif

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With experience returning to Texas, Herman should have immediate success there

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Craig James called UT Athletic Department yet?

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first year will be the hardest. There's not as many conference cupcakes on Texas's schedule as there was at Houston - even though UH had a much tougher non-conference slate this year.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he says shit like that to the BMD's....

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like my first day in boot camp. I am a third generation Marine so I was prepared for it but my ears were still ringing from being yelled at to do something and being called everything from an Okie maggot to a Mother's Mistake. However, if this story is true, I don't like it. There are a lot of ways to get a team to pay attention without a new coach going off on them just to be Mr. Bad Ass. College football isn't all about getting people ready to go fight a fucking war, for God's sake.