• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Rams Fans

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caynine,don't hurry to the 50+ group, all it proves is that we are older than dirt. We can remember but it hurts to strain the brain like that.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caynine,don't hurry to the 50+ group, all it proves is that we are older than dirt. We can remember but it hurts to strain the brain like that.

It's actually kinda funny, because, where I work, I'm the "elder-statesman". Lol. What's really weird, is that, in my office, there are 4 other Rams fans. Which wouldn't be so strange of an occurrence, if I didn't live in Akron, Ohio, smack in the middle of "Browns Country". It was almost as if I was meant to work there! But, most of them are pretty young (mid-twenties). Two of them are actually from St. Louis. So the Rams are the team they grew up with. But, none of them really know anything of the guys I grew up watching. Guys like Jim Everett, Greg Bell, Jackie Slater, Fred Strickland, Jerry Gray, Vince Newsome, Henry Ellard and Willie Anderson, etc. Or even that Jerome Bettis was once a Ram!

I just tell them the same thing. That it's all good... just means I'm gettin' old. :noidea: Lol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Caynine. But Blue is right. Gettin' old happens to the best of us. And you don't want to rush to the 50+ club either. But hey, your work environment sounds down right awesome. Rams fans abounding everywhere and you get to the school the young whippers on what real Ram football is about!!! Although, I am liking what Jeff Fisher and Snead are putting together these days in ST Louis. This team might just be the best one yet!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caynine, what a cool working co staff you have with Rams fans. I may be the supervison at my work place but in my office we have bean soup for fans. I am a Rams fan, my foreman is a Seahawks fan, heavy equipment operator is a Patriots fan, medium equipment operator is a Chargers fan and one light eq operator is a Cardinals fan and the other roots for the 49ers. Talk about discussions we have and don't tell the IRS but small betting on games. I took some money last year from the division guys, lost to the Patriots guy and the Chargers guy got lucky. I "HAD" taken it on the chin for years though, about time some money comes back, keep it working Fisher and Snead.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chy. We might have to consider you for honorary membership to the 50+ club. I'll consult the other members and we shall see.

Well as I understand it, to be included in the 50+ club you need to be a fan of the Rams for 50 years. That is straight forward.

As an Honorary member, I may not get a vote but I do have a thought to ponder.

I think the 'Fifty' in the '50 + club' is significant.

Not trying to keep anyone out but it just seems reasonable that an Honorary member meets two criteria...

1. A Rams fan for all their life.
2. Minimum of 50 years of age.

So Chy, if you can wait two years, you get my vote! (Oh wait, I may still need another year or so from then to be legit and a full fledged member with voting rights and all.:suds:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point Vita. The "50" in the club is really about being a Ramfan for 50+ years. Since you are an honorary member, you were voted in by the members a couple of years previous when we were all over on the slime site. So, you do have voting rights.

Chy is similar to your case. He is a couple of years shy of being a Ramfan for the alotted time of 50 years plus. I am waiting on your vote and Smed's vote for Chy to become the second honorary member of the club.

So what say you?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And sometimes being over 50 and a life long Rams fan. As in football you still dont make the cut. lol.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am willing to try and earn a spot in the club. "Thank you sir may I have another!"

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I should change my avi for the football season.:suds:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chy, it is still hockey season and the Flyers are a good organization.

Huh?... :wtf2:

I kid, I kid. If you're looking for a football avi for the season we should coordinate and all get different active players for the season. Could be fun to collectively represent the team we talk up so much.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been using this same 1 for a number of year but think changing it around could be fun. Maybe if the D-Line has a big game we each put up a pick of a Ram sack-man. Kind of use it to honor a segment of the team each week. Might be fun. We should put some thought into that going into TC.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you guys are into the twitter world but a tweet byt Chris Long struck me earlier.

"I have had more fun during these OTAs so far than ever. I'm serious."

Not that I look a lot into tweets but its good to see guys having fun. Players have fun tends to to lead to players playing well together.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Fisher really has a great environment going in the OTAs and I guarantee you it will be one of the factors that contributes to less injuries. I know we all went through that season under Linehan where half the roster was hurt. I can state with a high degree of probability that that type of high injury krap will not happen under Fisher.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, probably why Chris Long and others are having more fun, comes down to one thing, Confidence. The years of doormat status will push on a guy and then when the light at the end of the tunnel becomes brighter, a swagger starts to develope. I am not at this point going to predict anything for the Rams this year but the team feels better about itself and that will roll onto the rookies and UDFAs also. I like what I am seeing.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/

Terrell Brown tries to fit in. (AP, via ESPN)Some will tell you that the NFL is a height/weight/speed league, and St. Louis Rams undrafted rookie free agent Terrell Brown certainly has the first two nailed down. Brown, who played predominantly for Mississippi as a defensive lineman and will switch to the offensive line for Jeff Fisher, measured at 6-foot-10 and 388 pounds at his pro day on March 7. However, when the Rams signed him and weighed him in, it seemed that Brown had been spending extra time at the wrong training table.
"Actually, we weighed him in at 403," Fisher said on Thursday. "We had him in for the tryout, and he had some issues that we had to clear up from a physical standpoint. But he got that put behind us. We worked him out on both sides of the ball, defensive line and offensive line, and we felt like his best position would be right tackle. [Rams offensive line coach Paul Boudreau] said he'd love to have him. He's a defensive lineman that we've converted to offensive lineman."
Brown actually played on both sides of the ball in college, and Fisher also joked about using him to block kicks. And why not? As Gil Brandt of NFL.com said of him, Brown "just might be the biggest player we’ve reported on."

As for the speed part of that height/weight/speed equation ... well, Brown's still working on that. At his pro day, he can the 40-yard dash in 5.80 and 5.88 seconds, but it was his raw measurements that set NFL teams off. Brown measured in with a 38-inch arms and a 92 3/8-inch wingspan, far above the norm, even by NFL standards.
That said, if he makes the Rams' roster, Brown would not be the tallest player in pro football history -- that honor goes to Richard Sligh, who played a few games for the 1967 Oakland Raiders at seven feet tall even, and was a reserve in Super Bowl II. The heaviest player ever to make an NFL roster (at least, we're talking official weight here) was Aaron Gibson, who cracked the 400-pound bar with the Dallas Cowboys in 2002.